• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I present you... the currently highest&most rated PSN games

Razorskin said:
All of the other games I have in the top 10 display the same or a bit more the # of ratings than in the OP.
Well in that case we'll just chalk it up to the PSN monkeys doing their thing.

CozMick

Banned
I purchased the Hustle Kings Snooker DLC, tried to rate it.

But it said I can only rate the content if I purchase it first....WTF!

gokieks

CreativeWriter said:
I also think Sony is hoping you accidentally press "buy now" instead of "rate," since those two buttons are so close together.

There is a confirmation screen after you press "Buy Now", so I don't think that's really an issue.

At least we know the number of people who potentially bought the games now, lol.

I'm shocked that Soldner X-2 is in the 25, it deserves it, as does Shatter.

Wow we actually got Agarest War up there, I think thats the most expensive game on the list ($44.99)

Steroyd

Of that list only Flower and Joe Danger are on my why haven't I bought it yet list, got to remember to pick them up when I have spare virtual monies again.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Might as well ask it here: what's the easiest way to buy a JPN PSN card?
I *NEED* to buy Donpachi PS1 stat!

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Whoompthereitis said:
I haven't been able to get into any of the Pixeljunk games. Or Flower. I think it's cool that they make those games, but none of the 'arty' stuff on PSN ever really grabs me.
I don't know why you'd consider PJ Monsters, an arty game. Or Shooter for that matter. Not to say they don't have excellent artstyles, but it's not what they are focused on.

MYE

Guys, i'm one step away from buying WipeOut HD Fury (my first PSN title).

Is it worth it or should i spend my 25€ elsewhere?

Rapping Granny said:
WTF?

Sony should just send a firmware update destroying every PS3 that has not bought Wipeout HD yet.

relax, read the footnote ;)

*WH:HD is only the current PSN+ version apparently, PAL version has over 5000 votes

Dedication Through Light said:
Wow we actually got Agarest War up there, I think thats the most expensive game on the list ($44.99)

well it's on that list due to its high rating, only 200-300 votes suggest only the informed fans bought it and they will rate higher of course.

But those are not only fanboy ratings, in the second list are also low rated games which are at the same time among the most voted(and probably sold) games. So it seems there are quite many people voting even if they didn't like the game they bought.

btw. statistically, over 1000 votes should already give a good representation of the overall userbase, I doubt these ratings will change much in the future (though you never know, maybe now the only people voting are the "core" gamers and not the mainstream).

IMO neat:
I used two different data collection methods and both are differently sorted, but in both top10s are basically the same games and I think most here will consider them as actual very good games, too.

But I still can't understand why there is no DLC for Flower and most of all BF1943. Looks like easy sure money to me.

fun comparison time!

After about 18 hours since release, in the NA PS Store(s) we can see:

two PSN games, each priced at 10$, one a famous IP, the other a famous TV show:

- Monkey Island 2 Special Edition: LeChuck's Revenge [4.99] (104 votes)

vs.

- Family Freud [4.52] (61 votes)

(seems people won't wait with the voting until they finish a game ;) )

at the same time, the Monkey Island 2 demo has a rating of [4.31] (274 votes)
interesting that it seems not many people even bother testing the free demo, considering at least 11k people voted for a single 15$ addon in the same time frame, see below...

Iron Man LBP DLC costume seems to be the most wanted one of the new pack, 40 votes while all the others only have 4 to 7 votes.

now it gets a bit sad:

5$:
- LittleBigPlanet Marvel Level Kit DLC [4.84] (121 votes)

vs.

15$:
- Call of Duty: MW2 Resurgence map pack [4.73] (10.967 votes)

(better comparison: AvP MP map pack for 7$: [4.95] and 21 votes ^^)

olimpia84

I completely forgot you can rate your purchases. When I get home I'll log in and give the lowest vote I can for Linger in Shadows. I demand the two dollars I spent for that piece of shit.

Top Bottom