• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I think I was accidentally racist today

Shaanyboi

Banned
The marijuana most likely resulted in a 'second hand high', which I have often found myself susceptible to-- likely resulting in my brief lapse of social judgment.

uh huh......

tumblr_mwqahar91q1rh2tw8o1_400.gif

I recommend finding a good custom t shirt company and wearing a shirt that says "I'm not racist, I just accidentally inhaled a marijuana"

That'll clear everything up

prag16

Banned
OP is the guy that paid $30 thinking he was getting a gram

But it was actually Oregano

I'm driving down to the barrio
Going 15 miles an hour cause I'm already stoned
Give the guy a twenty and wait in the car
He tosses me a baggie then he runs real far
I take a hit but it smells like a clove
Oh fuck I got a baggie of oregano

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Also, if you walk around with the "N.A.R." (I'm Not A Racist) wristband, a fat marijuana cigarette, and a shirt that says "BLACK LIVES MATTER", your odds of being perceived as a casual racist drop by almost 99%.

Also make sure to paint "BLACKS RULE" outside your house.

Indigenous

second-hand high

Articles of clothing!?!?!?

L.M.A.O

Had a good laugh with this one but yeah, you were on some racist shit though...

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
You saw a group of people act suspiciously and suggested it was drugs, before seeing they were black?

How is that racist?

____

Now THAT'S racist....sheesh.

Mannnnnnn I literally have the hardest time dealing with him now, because, ironically enough, "one of his best friends is black" (he didn't say this phrase, but I happen to know his friend and they travel all the time together.)

But personally, I'd rather not check him like I want to because I'm somewhat of his supervisor, not by title, but I assign his work each day and have to ensure he gets it done and would rather not have tension in the workplace. Right now there's tension of "why aren't you as friendly toward me anymore?", but I feel that's better than "you bit my head off with your words and put me in my place, now it's awkward coming to work"

I'm high from reading this post.

I'm high from laughing at besada's post, then yours.

OP you sound either like
a) a cartoon character
b) someone who gets out of his house maybe once a month and has absolutely zero social skills

My cringe meter may have broken reading wtf that includes the first post...

Negaduck

Yo OP, so you can only get a contact high (second hand) if you are around the smoke and hanging with people who are smoking (or hot boxing. Smoking in a car or room with closed doors/windows so the smoke stays in the area.

From the way you reacted it seems like you don't make jokes of this nature all the time (we've never met so this is an assumption based on the thread). You made an off color joke. That's it keep your life rocking.

Don't try to buy clothing or shit to seem more about the cause. That's corny. Don't be a corny dude.

Good luck OP.

Syrus

Banned
I made an error of judgement. While I was conversing with a (indigenous) friend today, they happened to notice a group of people forming a circle which obstructed anyone from seeing what was inside of the circle. My friend asked if I knew what the group were doing and I casually remarked that it was probably a drug deal or something. This was before I actually fixated my eyes and noticed that everyone in the circle was black. I also noticed the scent of marijuana in the air at the time and that is more than likely where the "drug" aspect came from. The marijuana most likely resulted in a 'second hand high', which I have often found myself susceptible to-- likely resulting in my brief lapse of social judgment. The friend in question did not laugh and ever since I have been receiving stern disconcerting looks from others among our social circle.

How do I go about expressing my approval of other races at a subconscious level? Are there any articles of clothing that would accomplish this?

Tag worthy

I made an error of judgement. While I was conversing with a (indigenous) friend today, they happened to notice a group of people forming a circle which obstructed anyone from seeing what was inside of the circle. My friend asked if I knew what the group were doing and I casually remarked that it was probably a drug deal or something. This was before I actually fixated my eyes and noticed that everyone in the circle was black. I also noticed the scent of marijuana in the air at the time and that is more than likely where the "drug" aspect came from. The marijuana most likely resulted in a 'second hand high', which I have often found myself susceptible to-- likely resulting in my brief lapse of social judgment. The friend in question did not laugh and ever since I have been receiving stern disconcerting looks from others among our social circle.

How do I go about expressing my approval of other races at a subconscious level? Are there any articles of clothing that would accomplish this?
image.php

M.J. Doja

Banned
Also make sure to paint "BLACKS RULE" outside your house.

I see no problem with this. Overtly express your love and tolerance for people of color. Who would call you a racist at that point?

Something OP needs to realize is that black Americans love weed, but not all of them (especially on a college campus) are selling it. That's not your fault for the prejudgment, it's definitely fed to us by society and the media. Try to be fair and judge white people too, especially if they're blowing MJ smoke in your face, impairing your senses.

Top Bottom