• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I think the Wii has the best disk art

drspeedy

I dunno, Wii discs looked cheap and nasty as shit for the first few years.

C9vsMYq.jpg

I recall opening Ghostbusters and being shocked, it was the first multi-color Wii disc I'd seen- it wasn't great, but at least it was in color... SMG2 was amazing

So glad they dropped the Gamecube-era 2-color discs.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
This thread made me realize I have no idea what PS3 disc art looks like. I take a look, and it's covered with logos and text.

So maybe OP is right in that the Wii printing template is simpler and allows the occasional instances of good art to really shine through.

plc268

Xenoblade

But while the disc art looks nice, the Wii has the worst spines of all the systems. They're just all a terrible uniform white with a logo. There's very little variation between games.

Lijik

What? No. That's a very selective sample you're using to represent the whole library... Most Wii discs only have 1 or 2 colors. It's like PS1, every once in a while you'd get a Working Designs that would go the extra mile on the disc image, but the vast majority of them were spendthrift 1-color presses.

It's Xbox and PS3 where full-color disc images are the rule.
The two colors stopped sometime in 07/08 for every game, even nobudget licensed trash
Cant remember the last game I saw with them.

neto

But while the disc art looks nice, the Wii has the worst spines of all the systems. They're just all a terrible uniform white with a logo. There's very little variation between games.

I really like this, it makes for a uniform look and way easier to find the game I want.

ps3 is a mess

jmrtnff.jpg

NotLiquid

I really like this, it makes for a uniform look and way easier to find the game I want.

ps3 is a mess

jmrtnff.jpg

It's so annoying how some PS3 spines look incredibly cool and like it is it's own game while others are just... nothing. Nothing grates me more than getting a blank, white spine on it with the game's name spelled out in Arial Black. It's especially bad in Europe, my inner OCD screams in agony.

Top Bottom