• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I want a Donkey Kong Dynasty Warriors game

Jezan

Eww, no, enough DK.

What about a Metroid Warriors? you got Samus, Dark Samus, all the hunters, Adam, Remember Me, Teenager Mother Brain,etc. Ridley would be a boss as he is too big to fit.
Please! I wanna play as Rundas and Gandrayda!

I...agree.
As I said in the other topic, there are better IPs than Mario to fit the Warriors structure. DK wasn't one of the first I was thinking about, but now I do ;p

I'm thrilled that my idea has been generally well received! The DK series lends itself to the beat 'em genre more than most Nintendo IPs. Mario and Pokémon don't need to be shoehorned into everything just because they have more characters.

Haunted

Give me a Donkey Kong paper RPG first.

There should be Brothers Bear DLC:

shk9o.jpg

Can you imagine being kicked by Blizzard Bear?

hijjs.png
oh shit, so Rare renders from the 90s are where the Five Nights at Freddy's guy got his character designs from.

Neiteio

Give me a Donkey Kong paper RPG first.

oh shit, so Rare renders from the 90s are where the Five Nights at Freddy's guy got his character designs from.
Looking back at them now, it's amazing how creatively bankrupt they (and many Rare designs) actually were. Still, my childhood self loved visiting the Brothers Bear.

In general I like it when videogame characters have cozy lil' homes.

Looking back at them now, it's amazing how creatively bankrupt they (and many Rare designs) actually were. Still, my childhood self loved visiting the Brothers Bear.

Rare didn't have a problem designing memorable characters, although some of their later design choices were a bit... questionable. It's the fact early CGI hasn't aged well at all, so everything has a more artificial look. I'm sure that the Brothers Bear would look wonderful if Retro modernized their designs. Now I'm going to be disappointed if the Kremlings AND the Brothers Bear don't return for Retro's third DKC game. They can also tell the story of how Banjo was originally a member until he betrayed his brothers by stealing their honey stockpile and selling it to a greedy American corporation. Just look at how much DK's character model has improved since 1994:

Top Bottom