• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I want my MTWii

Core407

Banned
So I got to play the Wii last night for the first time and was completely floored by how fun it was. Planning on picking one up ASAP, but inventories are still depleted. When can we expect to see them restocked? I'll be looking in tomorrows fliers for 'em, but I'm not expecting much.

Seriously though, when is Nintendo going to increase shipments. This is just ridiculous now!

xsarien

daedsiluap
Core407 said:
So I got to play the Wii last night for the first time and was completely floored by how fun it was. Planning on picking one up ASAP, but inventories are still depleted. When can we expect to see them restocked? I'll be looking in tomorrows fliers for 'em, but I'm not expecting much.

Seriously though, when is Nintendo going to increase shipments. This is just ridiculous now!

www.wiitracker.com

It monitors e-commerce sites for Wiis and it's how I managed to get one.

bumpkin

Core407 said:

I know it's only a matter of time before a mod swoops in and locks this -- I've seen a bunch of threads in the same vein lately -- but I believe the reality is Nintendo isn't undershipping. They're shipping plenty, demand is just higher than what's being shipped to stores.

Sorry, but patience and perhaps a little Sunday morning camping is your best bet.

xsarien

daedsiluap
bumpkin said:
I know it's only a matter of time before a mod swoops in and locks this -- I've seen a bunch of threads in the same vein lately -- but I believe the reality is Nintendo isn't undershipping. They're shipping plenty, demand is just higher than what's being shipped to stores.

Sorry, but patience and perhaps a little Sunday morning camping is your best bet.

They're also - well, it can certainly be inferred from interviews - producing less than 1 million a month for what's essentially global distribution.

If they staggered the release like Sony, it probably wouldn't be AS bad.

johnsmith

remember me
Sunday mornings at Target, Best Buy, and Circuit City are your best bet. That's how I got one, and people that wanted one after they played mine were able to get theirs.

Those 3 places all save up their stock for Sunday morning. How many they have depends on the city, but they'll all be gone quickly. They dont have them every week, but if they're advertised in their weekly circular, its almost guaranteed they'll have them. So grab the newspaper sunday morning, and head to BB/CC before they open. Or if you know someone who works there, they usually have the ads in the stores a few weeks in advance. You can try calling them and asking if they'll have some on Sunday, but that's iffy. A lot of places won't tell you, though I know some people were able to find out that way.

Top Bottom