• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I will concede that Stadia is not worth the wait and you shouldn't buy it.

Keep in mind that Sony and MS were originally terrified of Stadia.

giphy.gif

Trogdor1123

Keep in mind that Sony and MS were originally terrified of Stadia. I'm sure they are laughing at how stupid they were for thinking that they were in any sort of trouble.
Google has a lot of money and clout, it would be wise to be cautious of them.

I always though Google was going to do a super Chromecast that had significant amounts locally to eliminate the lag and then connect to the cloud for support like the way ms showed with some Xbox games.

Guess not lol

Thaedolus

Gold Member
I’m glad OP has seen the light and everybody is celebrating on his behalf, but let’s not forget the last straw is what breaks the camels back. The straw itself isn’t broken. OP fucked up the saying. Shame.

Thanati

As someone who they have called 'a member of the team', receiving updates and invites for being an early Stadia adopter, and in some ways a tester, the last week has been nothing more than disgusting. Many features we were promised have been cancelled outright, and it seems Google has decided to trash their old roadmap. The last straw for me was broken within the last few days, when I played several of the upcoming 120 games, 10 being exclusives, and realized some of the previews we were shown months ago were not only BS but some of the titles shown previously don't even seem to be in development anymore and weren't even mentioned. The few playable game trials I got to play won't even come out until the end of this year or don't even have release dates. The average consumer who brought Stadia waiting for something good, I hate to tell you this but no change is coming in the near future. You may as well call most of the 120 games shovelware as I highly doubt many of them will be any more playable when the full versions release. You'll understand for yourself once we get closer to their release dates.

I was led to believe that things would turn around this year based on everything that was promised last year, turns out I was VERY mistaken as Google has decided to scrap or indefinitely delay nearly every game or feature promised from before. It doesn't help that they have not improved the infrastructure by any capacity, and the promised updates to improve streaming and input lag are now delayed indefinitely as the schedule for updates is unknown to anyone outside Google. I guess that means they will update things whenever they feel like it, if they ever update anything at all.

For those of you who are interested in buying Stadia, I cannot recommend it. After the first few hours of novelty you will realize that support is and will continue to be abysmal, and you won't be receiving a steady stream of quality releases. Several fixes that were said to come have been delayed indefinitely, and the few that will release won't come into play until the end of the year. Google won't give any dates so if you buy Stadia you'll be going in blind with no hint as to what will change going forward.

If you REALLY want streaming there are better options, PSNOW is getting better and XCLOUD will have a public release soon.

What has been cancelled? I haven't read anything regarding cancellations.

DanielsM

Banned
Keep in mind that Sony and MS were originally terrified of Stadia. I'm sure they are laughing at how stupid they were for thinking that they were in any sort of trouble.

As soon as I give you credit for something (admitting), you go and mess it up again.

:messenger_tears_of_joy:

H4ze

Now all I can hope for is that my founders edition will be worth something for some weird collectors in about 10-15 years xD

People must have forgotten about the thread where developers revealed Sony and Microsoft were terrified originally,

Vawn

Banned
People must have forgotten about the thread where developers revealed Sony and Microsoft were terrified originally,

Terrified? Ah, so you are still the same ol' Voost.

And, no, we didnt forget the thread. We remember all your ridiculous threads about Stadia. And if you actually read the comments in your threads you will see no one EVER agreed with you.

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member

I really doubt that. If anything, people who have been working on game streaming for years knew the reality vs. what Google was promising.

I'm a nobody. I don't know shit except for what I observe. And I saw Google promising the same shit OnLive was promising 10 years ago. I saw previews of Stadia with macroblocking and input lag at Google's event (when they would presumably roll out all the best tech to eliminate those things). From that I observed it was all BS. If I could figure it out, anyone could.

There was NO good reason to believe in Google and NO reason to trust they would deliver.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
It was kinda obvious you will be disappointed.
Not your fault because Google did everything wrong with that lackluster service.

Wow, remember Stadia? That fell off my radar FAST. I honestly think the Ouya was talked about (even if all negative) much longer after release.

I genuinely forgot this was even a thing. :/

Top Bottom