• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ideas For Games That Are So Obvious But Don't Exist

20cent

Banned
Fart Simulator.
Eat a whole bunch of different ingredients and then you head to a confined space. Scoring would be based on number of people forced to leave, those who gag, extra points for vomiting.
Add SpyParty / Among Us gameplay to that and we have a GOTY

Likely dumb ideas:
1) A laserdisc FMV game, but instead of avoiding the deaths, you have to find every possible way to die in a game that's trying very hard not to kill you.
2) A RPG that switches back and forth between WRPG and JRPG - from mechanics to even character tropes. Your teenage shonen boy will literally turn into a mid-30's grizzled muscleman and his loli witch sidekick will age 80 years, get green skin, and a couple warts on her now elongated nose. At least one boss will be impossible to beat in JRPG mode until you go to WRPG mode, upon which it will be easy but will take like an hour due to being a bullet sponge. JRPG side will be full of long cutscenes with faux philosophy, gratituous religious symbolism and nonsensical plot twists, while WRPG side will be full of fake choices with no consequence and Prime-Time TV Drama cliches.
3) "Sims" for highly mundane actions such as eating, brushing your teeth, or sitting down.
4) A RPG with Marvel Vs. Capcom fighting mechanics.
5) An episodic game where each episode is designed to run on a different console. For extra "wtf", make the console choice as seemingly random as possible. Enjoy trying to find a PC-FX for episode 4 and a Sega Pico for episode 7!
6) Dynasty Warriors Pokemon. Seemed to make sense after Conquest. Surprised it hasn't happened yet.
7) Take all the cars of a futuristic racing game, and warp them into prehistoric times. Try to race and hope you don't drive right into a dinosaur's mouth. Possibly "Driving so fast you time travel" may be a mechanic at play here.
8) A videogame adaptation of Supermarket Sweep.

GymWolf

AAA open world action rpg based on naruto\one piece\other REALLY famous manga, and when i say AAA i mean something much better than the trash one piece game we had, something with scores in the high 80s\90s.

Imagine naval pirates battle and freely exploring all the location in one piece or traveling between all the villages in naruto.

The first one who is gonna made on of these is gonna be rich.

Reactions: Fbh

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
A single player Star Trek RPG.

Think along the lines of Mass Effect, but in the Star Trek universe. A game where you're the Captain of a ship, but before you start the game as well designing your character, you also get to design your ship and handpick your main officers.

How this game has never been made is mind-blowing.

UnNamed

Banned
A postman openworld game: a crazytaxy like game where you are a postman. At the beginning you can cover a small area. If a delivery is too far, you risk you make less shipments and waste time going back and forth so you need a ride. Make money and buy a bycicle to cover bigger areas, then with more money you can buy new cars and trucks to cover even more areas in less time with more shippings. You can also buy big mods to break points in the map and create new shortcuts. You are not the only courier, other opponents will try to steal your customers if deliveries take too long, or crash on you in the streets or break your customers' letterboxes. Add online mode.

Ubisoft please don't steal my idea.

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
A single player Star Trek RPG.

Think along the lines of Mass Effect, but in the Star Trek universe. A game where you're the Captain of a ship, but before you start the game as well designing your character, you also get to design your ship and handpick your main officers.

How this game has never been made is mind-blowing.

+1 for this although I'd be quite happy to just have a custom captain and then a mass effect style story on a set ship with a set crew of officers.

Would love the Akira class to be the Hero ship, that thing needs its own damn game.

star-trek-first-contact-akira-class.gif

Not a flagship class ship, but combat focussed so a good pick for a game with combat as an option, but also a first command.

I know EA are making a new mass effect but really we just want it be Star Trek.

Last edited:

Kupfer

A WWII campaign but from the point of view of a young German soldier who has to go to war and becomes a victim of propaganda. He thinks he is doing the right thing and becomes the perpetrator of terrible tragedies, but is praised and celebrated for it by his comrades and officers. Nothing is glossed over - one carries out orders, kills the enemy, kills innocents, devastates foreign lands leaving ashes and emptiness.
The problem with this "game" would be that it would probably be seen as a glorious recreation of the wartime life of a German compatriot by neo-Nazis and morons who still think WWII was a good thing, but at the same time it would reflect the strength and impact of this experience, as it draws attention to it and reflects the cruelty of this era to the player in a completely different way than has always been done before.

No happy ending, no sudden awakening, no rethinking.

My grandfather himself told me WWII stories in the 90s and was of the opinion that everything was with good intentions and that he had done the right thing. This shocked, impressed and influenced me so much that I had to deal with this topic, wanted to know more and dealt with the dark history of our grandparents.

Waiting for this since I played my first MoH games 2 decades ago.

Last edited:
Fart Simulator.
Eat a whole bunch of different ingredients and then you head to a confined space. Scoring would be based on number of people forced to leave, those who gag, extra points for vomiting.

I have a similar game (Try not to fart) that i got on the extinct Xbox 360 indie games.

U need to hold your fart on dates in various situations, game is amazing lmao!! I have a short video;

Fuz

Banned
A WWII campaign but from the point of view of a young German soldier who has to go to war and becomes a victim of propaganda. He thinks he is doing the right thing and becomes the perpetrator of terrible tragedies, but is praised and celebrated for it by his comrades and officers. Nothing is glossed over - one carries out orders, kills the enemy, kills innocents, devastates foreign lands leaving ashes and emptiness.
The problem with this "game" would be that it would probably be seen as a glorious recreation of the wartime life of a German compatriot by neo-Nazis and morons who still think WWII was a good thing, but at the same time it would reflect the strength and impact of this experience, as it draws attention to it and reflects the cruelty of this era to the player in a completely different way than has always been done before.

No happy ending, no sudden awakening, no rethinking.

My grandfather himself told me WWII stories in the 90s and was of the opinion that everything was with good intentions and that he had done the right thing. This shocked, impressed and influenced me so much that I had to deal with this topic, wanted to know more and dealt with the dark history of our grandparents.

Waiting for this since I played my first MoH games 2 decades ago.
Love the idea. Didn't Spec Ops: The Line do something similar?

Last edited:

Spaceman292

Banned
Telltale Silent Hill
I didn't know people were still wanting Telltale games after their last 5 games were bad and then the whole team collapsed and disappeared.

Also the best Silent Hills only have about ten conversations throughout the whole thing.

Also telltale games can't really be scary. There's no exploration, no combat.

That's a really shit idea bro omg

Kupfer

Love the idea. Didn't Spec Ops: The Line do something similar?
It does kind of do that. But in a fictional war. Then we have Übersoldier, in which you play as a failed German experiment which changes sides as far as I remember. Both games are not what I am looking for.

Kev Kev

a game where they give you a sledge hammer and a fancy mansion and you just go around destroying the place. and thats the whole game. different tools of destruction, different places to destroy, first person and a big focus on really amazing destruction mechanics/graphics.

red faction was so much fun but all i wanted to do was destroy shit. i didnt care for the actual game underneath that mechanic, but oh man was it a blast to go ham on a building in that game.

give me a car lot of really expensive cars, or an overly gaudy law office or an expensive musical instrument like a tuba and let me just destroy the shit out of them. sounds like a blast and great way to blow off steam. im actually convinced it does exist in some capacty, but not sure if its quite what im describing.

tassletine

This may exist.

Not a roguelike, but a modern 3D action game that you can play through in 30 mins or so, that has a branching structure like Outrun or Raiden.
Something that really rewards repeat plays and gets you into the zone.

I remember a game developed by Sony that was cancelled that was going to experiment with this. I can't remember the title but it involved you driving across the desert on a strict time limit.

mhirano

AAA open world action rpg based on naruto\one piece\other REALLY famous manga, and when i say AAA i mean something much better than the trash one piece game we had, something with scores in the high 80s\90s.

Imagine naval pirates battle and freely exploring all the location in one piece or traveling between all the villages in naruto.

Dragonball Kakarot is a thing

GymWolf

That thing doesn't have the budget\manpower\development time of serious AAA open world games, it is just a beat em up with super powers with a big story mode and a big map.

I was thinking more about a ubisoft type of open world with camps to free, map discovering, collectibles, battle against multiple enemies etc.

I never said that it would be a great game or even an original one, just a thing that doesn't exist.

Imagine the open world game we had for one piece but with an actual budget, a mich bigger world to explore with different islands etc. and good gameplay.

I think that both naruto and one piece are better to adapt than dragon ball for the type of game i have in mind.

MiguelItUp

- A samurai (maybe ninjas too?) based BR that focuses extremely hard on combat and quick kills. Something like Bushido Blade, but much on a much grander scale with much better combat. Parrying, counters, etc. Dismemberment and limb damage. Something gory, and visceral. (Screw you Naraka, lmao)

- A beat 'em up utilizing UE4/5 or another modern engine. Destructible environments, co-op, weapons, upgrade system, etc. Basic beat 'em up tropes, but with the best graphics and destruction we've seen yet. This has sat with me for a LONG time.

- I know it's been mentioned, but a Twisted Metal / car combat-like BR.

- A Xeno vs Marine title that's very similar to Natural Selection.

- A "The Thing" multiplayer title that is inspired by Among Us, but more focus on objectives, moments of isolation, etc. Much stronger horror focus, more mature, etc.

- A Souls game but with the Berserk IP.

The time for it has come and gone probably, but I always felt like the Matrix was an IP that was never correctly utilized for gaming. Unfortunately all we ever got was the interesting, but incredibly flawed, Matrix Online. A single player game that switched between fighting machines in the machine world and fighting in the Matrix world, etc.

Also a 4X turn based strategy game set in the Star Trek universe that covered the full timeline of the Federation and included the entire Star Trek IP, not just TNG like Birth of the Federation. Start in the early 20th century, upgrade through the various show eras of technology, expand etc.

Last edited:

Ian Henry

Crazy ideas but they make sense:
- A survival horror game set during the 1980s- Early 90s Crack Epidemic era. Only this way you're in the perspective of a kid navigating the urban environment as you try to sneak past crackheads and sketch criminals. Similar to Ico but more brutal and depressing. Plus graphically intense and surreal, very reminscent of those creepy ass 90s PC CD ROM games(Ex. Phantasmagoria, Harvester, Heart Of Darkness) but with a higher budget, better writing, and gameplay focused. A distorted reality, arthouse type game.
- Given the recent surge of popularity for the sport, a Rugby or Handball league game would be killer. With online functionality to boot.
- A Valiant Comics fighting game in the vein of X-Men: Children Of The Atom. You can play as the heros such as Ninja-K, X-O Manowar, Rai, Eternal Warrior, Shadowman, Bloodshot, etc. Tag Team modes as well. A story full length story mode similar to Mortal Kombat and Injustice but more engaging and involving.

Fbh

I always thought the world of Avatar (the last airbender) had a lot of gaming potential. You could make a really cool open world game, with a lot of fun physics.

Open-world Woke Simulator where you travel the world bitching about useless shit.

screaming-shouting.gif

South Park was onto something
microaggression-south-park.gif

This.
You have all these really popular IP's with fun worlds, lore and characters like Naruto, One Piece, Demonslayer, etc, but all we get are shitty copy pasted arena fighters and Musou games, as well as the occasional low budget cashgrab "adventure" game like world seeker.

If someone would bother to actually get a good studio to make a good single player game with one of these IP's I think it would do extremely well.

The closest we got were those Ubisoft Naruto games, too bad they still felt rather limited and their combat sucked.

DBZ Kakarot is basically another shitty arena fighter. They just added some big empty areas, had you fight the same 3 types of regular enemies from time to time and called it an "rpg".

Last edited:

GymWolf

I always thought the world of Avatar (the last airbender) had a lot of gaming potential. You could make a really cool open world game, with a lot of fun physics.

South Park was onto something
microaggression-south-park.gif

This.
You have all these really popular IP's with fun worlds, lore and characters like Naruto, One Piece, Demonslayer, etc, but all we get are shitty copy pasted arena fighters and Musou games, as well as the occasional low budget cashgrab "adventure" game like world seeker.

If someone would bother to actually get a good studio to make a good single player game with one of these IP's I think it would do extremely well.

The closest we got were those Ubisoft Naruto games, too bad they still felt rather limited and their combat sucked.

DBZ Kakarot is basically another shitty arena fighter. They just added some big empty areas, had you fight the same 3 types of regular enemies from time to time and called it an "rpg".
Yeah i forgot the naruto on xbox, the combat was still 1vs1 tho.

Kssio_Aug

A game with The Witcher 3's attention to quests and story telling but with combat like Ghost of Tsushima

Or a living, dynamic open world like Red Dead Redemption 2 with the combat of TLOU Part II
It's not that this is obvious; it's just that this would be so well crafted that would be a definitive master piece. It's hard to have so many that well executed elements in a single game.

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
It's not that this is obvious; it's just that this would be so well crafted that would be a definitive master piece. It's hard to have so many that well executed elements in a single game.
Yeah it'll be expensive too but whoever does it will earn $$$$

Fbh

Yeah i forgot the naruto on xbox, the combat was still 1vs1 tho.

Yeah I think that (and being on Xbox) is what killed those games.
The combat was some really bare bones arena fighter that compared extremely poorly to the Cyberconnect games.

Top Bottom