• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Idle thumbs IS BACK (Kickstarter ended) -- Funded in 3 hours

Arucardo

Well, if you so desired, you could donate 50 now. The money doesn't come out for another month from what I understand.

Just did that, I wasn't sure if it would still "reserve" the money in my bank when using a debit card like it does for a bit when pre-ordering games from some shops.

El Sloth

Banned
Guys:
a0pS8l.jpg

BigDog confirmed for next MGS game.

mbugP.gif

(Don't tell Jake)

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
So Im playing realistic summer sports.
This game is fucking baffling.

Ever since I started listening to the archive again, I've started using the phrase 'raped through a hole' stupidly often. It's bad. At least I normally have the decency to change it to 'fucked through a hole', but still. Thanks Thumbs! Wizard.

I'd love to see a video of Nick Breckon walking through a Halloween Haunted House.

The first plastic skeleton that swung down from the ceiling would likely send him into cardiac arrest.

LCfiner

second progress-cast was fun. It’s going to be so nice to have this back full time to offer a counterpoint to the bombcast. I haven’t been able to get into any other gaming podcasts I’ve tried.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Can't believe I completely missed this thread and the kickstarter page. Pledged a good chunk of change. I need my Far Cry 2 talk.

Hm, are you guys referring to the episode where Chris's computer makes crazy noises? I'm not sure at this point.
Edit: If it is, that's 39: Video Game Baby (35:50 and onwards)

That's the one. I remember because of the Gay Senator Mass Effect story, I believe itwas after that

Shaneus

As someone who only discovered Thumbs after 2009, it's surreal hearing the guys talk about stuff happening right now. It's also going to be painful, as rather than having the luxury of the "this 'cast happened a few years ago, I don't need to rush out and buy that game"-mindset, it'll all be about getting whatever game they're talking about just so I can judge it for myself.

For example: last night I bought the Realistic Summer Sports Simulator on iOS and had pork chops for dinner and Pringles as a snack :/

sixghost

I'm curious what Chris thinks of Platinum after Bayonetta and Vanquish. I was listening to an old cast and he was pretty down on them before those two games were released.

Tim-E

The official description of The Future of Games is my favorite of any episode:

"You can't shut your eyes. A small child spots you, waves eagerly. You try to reach him, but are stopped short as the cables restraining your fingers go taut. Struggling against wires and straps binding your shoulders and feet, you get one last glimpse of the boy before he's dragged screaming into Max Payne's departing van."

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
second progress-cast was fun. It’s going to be so nice to have this back full time to offer a counterpoint to the bombcast. I haven’t been able to get into any other gaming podcasts I’ve tried.

Same. Love the bombcast, but not for analysis or critique. Lets hope all this $$ and attention doesn't go to the Thumbs' heads.

Hahah Jake you can see him crack up just before the cut, when he goes "...and I'm Jake Rodkin" in the Kickstarter video.

You people have no idea how painful it is to try and record anything scripted with Jake Rodkin. That man is constitutionally incapable of holding himself together for more than four seconds at a time. Oh my god.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Would be interesting to hear the impressions of those in this thread who just recently started listen to the cast.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
When is the actual podcasting going to start more or less?

I'm guessing at earliest when the kickstarter is over which is in a month. That means they won't even have the money until then, so everything up to that point is probably planning with execution only beginning at that point.

clip

In honor of the Thumbs return, I actually began a hardcore run of Far Cry 2 last night, a hardcore run being that if I die once, I stop playing.

I died on the first mission... :\

Does kickstarter give you any way to view the contributions over time? While it's neat just to watch the number go up on the main site, I'd also be interested in seeing a graph of this and the double fine progress over time.

Jex

In honor of the Thumbs return, I actually began a hardcore run of Far Cry 2 last night, a hardcore run being that if I die once, I stop playing.

I died on the first mission... :\

Were you run over by a jeep?

Does kickstarter give you any way to view the contributions over time? While it's neat just to watch the number go up on the main site, I'd also be interested in seeing a graph of this and the double fine progress over time.

Project creators get a day-by-day graph. When the campaign is over we can release an image of it.

Brick

No, I was just sneaking through a camp and was spotted, but I hadn't been paying attention to my ammo count, I had none for my shotgun.

I was shot in the back while running away.

I was kind of hoping that it was a grenade rolling down a hill...

Hakkesshu

I want them to dedicate an entire episode to going back and busting out all those things they couldn't say about some game because they were bargoed and thus had to be bleeped out or quickly segged away from.

I want them to dedicate an entire episode to going back and busting out all those things they couldn't say about some game because they were bargoed and thus had to be bleeped out or quickly segged away from.

When they start their subscriber service they need a Bargo Bustin' feature.

Top Bottom