• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Idle thumbs IS BACK (Kickstarter ended) -- Funded in 3 hours

The official description of The Future of Games is my favorite of any episode:

"You can't shut your eyes. A small child spots you, waves eagerly. You try to reach him, but are stopped short as the cables restraining your fingers go taut. Struggling against wires and straps binding your shoulders and feet, you get one last glimpse of the boy before he's dragged screaming into Max Payne's departing van."

Sounds like a Peter Molydeux game. Shame the Thumbs weren't around during that guy's prime

Jake

I always thought it was weird how vague they were regarding why they stopped checking that.

Honestly, the questionable crap to genuine quality ratio was just not great, and deteriorated. Worth it for the 55-WIZARD-NO gay wizard marriage guy though.

Damn, the pringles guy was actually buried in a pringles can. I talked myself down from googling it for a good 5 minutes after listening, thinking it had to be a joke.

Jintor

Honestly, the questionable crap to genuine quality ratio was just not great, and deteriorated. Worth it for the 55-WIZARD-NO gay wizard marriage guy though.

The GameSpot HotSpot always had the best callers, and Jeff was always the perfect guy to whale on them too. No offence though, that WIZARD-NO guy was amazing.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Sometimes I still feel guilty about the message I left on 55WIZARDON.
I was suuuupppper drunk, and called from the bathroom of this crappy dive bar in tahoe. I had the hotline saved in my favorites and pulled my phone out and one thing led to another..

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Listen to the wizard? Its like before episode 10. Probably called the wizard.

clip

I like the episode when Jake does the autotuned 'baboo'.

'baabbooooaaaooooaaooo'

It's stuck in my head now.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Sorry if it's been asked, but now that there's so many $200 donors, how will the podcast topics requesting be handled? Spread out over multiple shows, or just the most interesting topics chosen?

Sorry if it's been asked, but now that there's so many $200 donors, how will the podcast topics requesting be handled? Spread out over multiple shows, or just the most interesting topics chosen?

Awww Helll Nawwwhhh!

Nahhh uuuuu dinnnntt.

I demand a single solid chunk of at least 10 minutes for every topic. My topic will be about the significance of grass physics in Far Cry 2 as a metaphor for the global economic collapse (trolololol).

We're probably just going to have to limit how long each topic is, and that podcast is also just going to be awkwardly long. There's a reason we called it the Ruinationcast and not the Improvementcast.

Jex

I don't think that's quite as daunting as the number of songs Chris now has to write!

Jake

We're probably just going to have to limit how long each topic is, and that podcast is also just going to be awkwardly long. There's a reason we called it the Ruinationcast and not the Improvementcast.

Both the cast itself, and we, will be ruined by the end of that thing.

sixghost

Remember the Jack the Ripper game they briefly discussed in between torching Dante's Inferno?

After finishing Dead Space, Visceral Games started work on The Ripper. This title starred Jack the Ripper as a vampire hunter and was targeted for HD consoles. The project was never formally announced, but multiple rumors mention the game and Electronic Arts filed trademarks for the potential title.

So close to another accidentally prophetic prediction. That thread makes it seem like the game got canned though.

Just do what Kanye does and talk over someone else's music.

You could be done by this weekend.

Chris, speed up "The Wizard" 's chorus two octaves, and then rap about either something that's remotely similar to wizards or how much money you make.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
That's very good/brave of you guys...that's going to be an insane 7 hours!

Gomu Gomu

fcihz.png

Ooooooh, That would great. Last time was fun. Also, we got this gem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzIfWCAyDyg&noredirect=1

Scarecrow

Question for the $50 option: do the stickers come with that one? And where can I find a good size chart for AA shirts?

Corto

Mar

Yes they do; sorry they aren't in the sidebar, we can't edit the tiers now that the campaign is live.

I'm not sure about the size chart!

I assume you guys are going to have to get another print run of the Journal of Games also? Or do you have a few hundred lying in the back of a truck somewhere...

I assume you guys are going to have to get another print run of the Journal of Games also? Or do you have a few hundred lying in the back of a truck somewhere...
We'll probably have to do another run, absurdly.

Some day we'll have to share our pre-launch projections for how many people would buy each reward tier. I think we predicted something like 8 (eight, total) of the $200 tiers.

"We'll have plenty of Journals left! No problem! ....Oh."

Wow. I knew there was a reason why I loved the podcast. Listening to the guys in the last update describe DOTA 2 was exactly how I felt yesterday when I played my first DOTA game ever. The part with being unable to control the mule had me in tears.

Going through the early episodes, I want to time travel back to 2008 and stop the guys from getting their hopes up over Half-life episode 3.

randomwab

Listening to the Dota cast, it really made me want to try the game. Then I saw they were giving away a code on Twitter and I was like "Holy shit!" until I noticed they'd given it away.

Thumbs are massive teases. How can I get a Dota key?

Listening to the Dota cast, it really made me want to try the game. Then I saw they were giving away a code on Twitter and I was like "Holy shit!" until I noticed they'd given it away.

Thumbs are massive teases. How can I get a Dota key?

PM me your email address and I'll send you a Steam invite.

Top Bottom