• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Idle thumbs IS BACK (Kickstarter ended) -- Funded in 3 hours

Jintor

Stream going out as they play through Bioshock 1 with JP LaBreton (designer) tommorrow at 11am Pacific (WHATEVER THAT MEANS)! Digital rewards incoming! And a new progresscast! (though it hasn't yet shown up on my feed)

kadotsu

Banned
I loved the Simpsons anecdote. Kind of reminds me of myself last week when I watched the Toy Story trilogy and saw that the first movie is 17 years old.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I'm 21 now and grew up with The Simpsons, can quote most of the golden era stuff. There's a still a very large amount of young kids watching early Simpsons. That's kind of why it was so amazing.

commissar

I loved the Simpsons anecdote. Kind of reminds me of myself last week when I watched the Toy Story trilogy and saw that the first movie is 17 years old.
The Simpson's doesn't make me feel old but this sure did.

Cheers for the 'cast guys. I'm appreciatin' those 'dotes :)

' ' '

Rufus

I'd listen to you guys talk about the weather. Don't worry about not having anything to talk about... Sound quality improved immensely from the last progress cast, too. Splendid.

Never got into the Simpsons, but Futurama is my jam.

I think the later episodes of Futurama's original run (in particular The Devil's Hands) are some of the finest pieces of television ever made. That being said, OG Simpsons had entire seasons full of legendary episodes- quotable, memorable, hilarious, for the time slightly ground-breaking, and too often heart-warming to boot.

It pretty much fucks up my brain to consider The Simpsons of the early 90's not being the greatest TV comedy ever.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I finally played The Shivah after having it on my "to play" list forever. That happened.

Jintor

Was hoping for more FTL talk, hopefully we'll get more whacky scenarios when more people than just Chris boot up their betas.

Also the wink wink nudge nudge with the Kickstarter implementation plans was lols... and saddening

Lijik

I finally played The Shivah after having it on my "to play" list forever. That happened.

I just had some weird nam flashback to the Flip's Twisted World level I was playing while listening to this episode of IT
what a terrible game

Jex

I expect this to be a very interesting stream - one of the designers in Bioschock playing the game and commenting on it.

spindrift

Neo Member
That Bioshock video was great, it's so rare to hear a dev talking so candidly about the minor details and behind-the-scenes stuff, usually it gets glossed over as being too 'inside baseball'. With good reason, i guess, but some of us want to hear that kind of thing.

FYI, JP fits in really well with thumbs tone. I hope he shows up again in the podcast proper. I wouldn't object to him as a fourth chair or stand-in third chair when one of you can't make it.

Fredescu

I'm LTTP, but man, that feeling you guys get when someone doesn't know classic Simpsons quotes is the same feeling I get when you asked "What's a womble?". That's my childhood defined. I guess the cool thing about being Australian is that media from the US and media from the UK are just about as mainstream as each other, so we get the best of both English speaking worlds.

Mere mention of womble puts the theme in my head for a long time afterwards: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esd2gfuHAZU

FStop7

Banned
The commentary was awesome.

And I laughed pretty hard at both the ever present Goldblum and Chris' reaction to JP's praise of Far Cry 2.

Shaneus

I'm LTTP, but man, that feeling you guys get when someone doesn't know classic Simpsons quotes is the same feeling I get when you asked "What's a womble?". That's my childhood defined. I guess the cool thing about being Australian is that media from the US and media from the UK are just about as mainstream as each other, so we get the best of both English speaking worlds.

Mere mention of womble puts the theme in my head for a long time afterwards: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esd2gfuHAZU
I was a bit like that, too. I actually starting singing (in my head, not out aloud) the theme to the point where I had to rewind the 'cast :/

Gomu Gomu

Latest progress cast was great. Please do more, even if there is no actual progress to be reported. Listening to you guys talk about video games is still awesome.

Shaneus

Is that a regular thing? That might just be better than IT progresscasts.

(don't stop doing progresscasts)

Edit: Re-reading that, does that mean Chris has a somewhat significant role in The Cave if that article mentions him as a "member"? That could be good!

PS. That trailer for The Cave looks incredible.

I'm sure Chris is resurrecting the show because he's the new CM. It would be great to have Chris and Tim chat about adventure game stuff. Put Muir in there too.

Shaneus

In this case it's both. I'm the company CM but I'm also working on The Cave.
Awesome! In hat aspect?

Not counting the soundtrack to Thirty Flights, this'd be the first game you've worked on (that wasn't playtesting), yeah? Glad your role at DF isn't solely focused on being CM.

Jintor

You're talking about DF Action Cast? No it's not regular. I'm a big fan of that podcast, but I hate the fact that they make a single episode like every couple of months.

So it's basically like Idle Thumbs

E59N

(Don't hurt me)

Top Bottom