• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If Gamepass is bad for the industry then why has nobody noticed besides GAF?

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
If you believe you understand the economics of game manufacturing better than the actual game publishers themselves, then yes, you really are acting "concerned". I'll say this: if anyone who criticizes MS gamepass because they believe it's "bad" for the industry has ever borrowed a game from a friend, bought a used game or even (lol) pirated a game, then they can kindly go jump in a swamp.

Hell, under such phony "concern", even people who wait for discounts could be accused of damaging the industry. Yes, let's all rush out there & pay $69.99 day one in the name of our love for the gaming industry. Or, we could recognize the fact people who play games have financial limitations, cannot buy every game released at full price & as such, gamepass & such services can help everyone.
The same publisher tried DRM years ago, thinking that always-online would be a good idea. I could've told them that it wasn't... Maybe I do know a few things better than them lol

It's fine if you're ok with game quality to decrease because of lower profit margins for big studios in favor of service filler but I'd like games to get bigger and better like every new generation

Last edited:

DanielsM

Banned
The same publisher tried DRM years ago, thinking that always-online would be a good idea. I could've told them at it wasn't... Maybe I do know a few things better than them lol

It's fine if you're ok with game quality to decrease because of lower profit margins for big studios in favor of service filler but I'd like games to get bigger and better like every new generation

Most games have to be funded with large amount of upfront revenue, the old games are put on the service as they are not worth anything.

The good AA games are the ones that have been disappearing over the last 10-20 years i.e. the mid size developers. That was happening anyway.... there really isn't many like From Software left.... they were wiped out in the early 2000s.

Last edited:

trikster40

I’m all for game pass. I know that I played Halo Wars, Halo Wars 2, and Outer Worlds on game pass. All of which I never had any intention to buy. I do plan to buy the future Outer Worlds DLC when it drops thanks to liking the game.

How does DLC work with Game Pass games? Do you have to buy the DLC or is it included? Will the game still be available on Game Pass when DLC comes out? If not, would you buy the full game to play through DLC?

Honestly curious how DLC works with the service.

Hobbygaming

Most games have to be funded with large amount of upfront revenue, the old games are put on the service as they are not worth anything.

The good AA games are the ones that have been disappearing over the last 10-20 years i.e. the mid size developers. That was happening anyway.... there really isn't many like From Software left.... they were wiped out in the early 2000s.
Yep that's why I'm against a future service gaming model for all, a.k.a the filler model with only a few standout AAA titles

Last edited:

DanielsM

Banned
How does DLC work with Game Pass games? Do you have to buy the DLC or is it included? Will the game still be available on Game Pass when DLC comes out? If not, would you buy the full game to play through DLC?

Xbox Game Pass members can purchase DLC and consumables for Xbox One games at up to 10% off the Microsoft Store price while the game is in the Xbox Game Pass catalog. Game Pass discounts can’t be combined with other offers and are not redeemable for cash; discount offers exclude games within 30 days of their launch; discounts are based on the Microsoft Store price.

Hope that helps.

ruvikx

Banned

Games made available on gamepass are either the standard edition, or the "game of the year" (or equivalent) version. For example Batman Arkham Knight on gamepass currently is the standard game & the player can choose to buy the season pass if he chooses to, whereas Final Fantasy XV (which came onto gamepass a couple of days ago) is the Royal Edition with all the DLC & extra stuff. It varies based on the game.

DanielsM

Banned
it does thanks. PS now is just different since it’s a streaming service so you don’t have that capability.
FYI you can stream or download the game, although not all games are downloadable. From what I remember.

Update: You can stream 800+ and download 300+ PS4/2 games.

Last edited:

Moogle11

Banned
I’m also almost disappointed when a game I DO want comes to gamepass as I don’t get to add it to my physical collection because I simply cannot justify purchasing it if I can play on Gamepass, obviously.

You have a bunch of valid points, they're just very personal things. For me, I couldn't care less about owning games. I almost never replay games, we aren't having kids (so no "want to share my hobby with them when they're old enough reason") and I'm not a collector and hate clutter from things I don't use. One of my big regrets was accumulating so many CDs, DVDs and Blurays in my younger and dumber days. I hardly ever rewatch movies, put all but as select 20 or so Blurays into binders and recycled the cases a couple years back. I haven't even unzipped one of the binders since and the only of the 20 or so I kept cases and have on a shelf that I've watched are The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi this December before seeing the new one.

I just prefer new experiences to re-visiting old ones when it comes to media consumption. And I use that term deliberately as I'm not a person that cares much about art and just uses games, movies, shows, and books as "mostly shut the mind off and escape for a while" entertainment. That's likely a lot of why I so rarely revisit things.

What Gamepass games am I looking forward to? I guess the new Ori.

I'm kind of the same, but also Halo Infinite. I'll just never buy a year of Gamepass and just grab a month or three months here and there to play things that interest me. I grabbed a month to play the campaign in Gears 5 (don't like the MP). Just grabbed 3 months as it was a $1 on PC and I wanted to play A Plague Tale, the Outer Worlds, Children of Morta and a few other things.

With all these streaming services for games and movies/tv, there's really no reason to keep all of them all the time. Just subscribe for a while here and there, consume the content you want and cancel and jump to another one.

Also, the HDD space... you’ll max out your internal HDD in Just a couple days of having Gamepass. If Microsoft really wanted to push it they’d include at least an additional Large capacity standard HDD with the Series X.

This is moot for me as I hate jumping around among a bunch of games. At most I'll have 2 or 3 games going at once. Some single player thing I' playing on the TV, something on Switch I'm playing mostly/solely in handheld and maybe some online game I'm playing co-op online with real life friends.

With Gamepass I just download the 1 or 2 games I'm playing there and then uninstall and download another when I finish or drop it. Again, I don't replay games so I don't need continued access.

One last thing I’ll point out is with all these devalued games at my fingertips is that I tend to just play a little sample of games and drop it to move on to try the another rather quickly.

I only do that when I've played the games that got me to grab a month or three sub AND I haven't bought something else to jump into on PS4/PC/Switch. I like sampling games sometimes as it's a no-risk way to try somethings I wouldn't spend money buying. But I don't feel compelled to try a bunch of shit just because I have a cheap sub. I turn of auto renew when I sub to play a game or games that got me to subscribe and if there's nothing else I want to play it can just go unused for any remaining time.

Again, all your points are totally valid! Just pointing out how different peoples needs and wants are when it comes to how they experience games. Gamepass, and subscription services in general, are great for people like me who couldn't care less about owning or collecting things and consume media very disposably and rarely revisit anything. It's much less useful, if something they want at all, for people who love owning/collecting/revisiting things indefinitely.

ruvikx

Banned
The same publisher tried DRM years ago, thinking that always-online would be a good idea. I could've told them that it wasn't... Maybe I do know a few things better than them lol

Your view here (which I've seen others share) aka the theory whereby cheap games = bad for the business assumes the gaming industry's economic model is geared towards making those "bigger & better games each generation" (& not lining the pockets of greedy shareholders...) & that discounts & used games weren't always a reality.

How many times have we seen companies boast about their game sales only for people to enter threads with acerbic "yeah, only because it was discounted/included in console sales" comments? The $69.99 price is temporary, always. I've been a gamer since the late 1980's & the majority of that time has been about finding discounts on the store (I have about 50+ ps4 games which I never paid more than 15 euros for), borrowing games, getting games used & now gamepass on Xbox. I'm pretty sure the "industry" prefers gamepass to a couple of those other methods (aka borrowing & used sales).

Last edited:

oagboghi2

If you truly believe that's what Nintendo and Sony believe then you are deluded. Sonys first party games tend to be single player driven which makes it harder to make microtransactions make sense. But their games with multiplayer have them.

Uncharted 4
MLB the Show
Killzone shadowfall (they tried to save face with this by adding "in game currency)
The Last of Us

Driveclub originally had them but they were removed I believe. I didn't play it at launch so I can't comment on it but they always had microtransactions part of the plan.

All games listed above have microtransactions. If they could put them in stuff like Spiderman and God of war without the media and forums going into maximum overdrive you better believe they would.

Nintendo has mobile games with microtransactions everywhere...

So tell me again how Sony and Nintendo haven't embraced them as much as Microsoft has?

Edit: GTS also has them everywhere and PD swore they wouldn't add them then did a year after launch.
Thanks for proving my point. The vast majority of Sony's output doesn't have MTX, because they care about selling hardware equally as much as pushing software. They would rather lean on having premium experiences like GoW or TLOU than on services. They don't see an issue with emphasizing 60 dollars purchases.

Nintendo's MTX implemetation is very small, and confined almost exclusively to mobile. Games that are often free on mobile. Games that they often don't even make. Their full attention is on bigger productions that they release to customers, not to a subscription service that devalues their product. That's the issue.

Let's be honest. MS is leaning on gamepass becuase they failed to maintain pace with the PS4, and they struggled to perform as well on first-party development. Gamepass allows them to entice more people in MS services ecosystem, without having to produce as many AAA games. If you can't sell products at a premium, and you can't sell hardware, the smart thing to do is encourage subscriptions like gamepass and xbox live, and engage in heavy MTX which MS currently does.

Last edited:

DanielsM

Banned
Let's be honest. MS is leaning on gamepass becuase they failed to maintain pace with the PS4 Valve Steam, and they struggled to perform as well on first-party development.

Fixed for correctness, imo. They are looking for another way around Steam in particular and possibly closed eco-systems (iOS, PS, Nintendo box).

Games for Windows Live
Microsoft Store
Xbox as a Hardware

They want to be the middleman (streaming/rental) even though there is nothing to offer the publishers absent Xbox as a Hardware. This will all fail hard, imo, its going to be glorious.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Night.Ninja

Banned
I love game pass, helps me play gams i would have never bought.

Im a gamer not a console warrior.

Why would i have a issue with anything that allows me to play more games 🤷‍♂️

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion

Maybe it's new, but games like FF XV have the DLC included. Not sure about other games, I bought maybe for FH4 and that was some 30USD package, if I remember that correctly...

DanielsM

Banned
I love game pass, helps me play gams i would have never bought.

Im a gamer not a console warrior.

Why would i have a issue with anything that allows me to play more games 🤷‍♂️

I generally agree with you but there is also a fear that it stomps out competition or could, like a monopoly. I personally don't see it like that, at least at this point.

So.... I am company A and I have X amount of money in the bank because I have monopoly type money coming in, I can than say wasted X amount putting people out of business.... by say giving away products for free or near free.... once I put all the competition out of business.. .I buy up all the assets at pennies on the dollar.... than raise prices.... I wipe out competition... than I control the whole thing.

I'm not saying I feel that way, but you get the drift.

I would say this is what Microsoft is doing with Office 365.... who are they going after now.... Slack. Microsoft should probably be broken up on the enterprise side of the house..... what they are trying to do to Slack and probably Zoom right now to me is not a healthy market. Not saying I feel that way about gaming.... they're dead man walking on the consumer side.🧟‍♂️

Last edited:

Renozokii

That's exactly what I'll do if gaming as a whole goes the service route

I'll be playing retro games only. Fuck renting lower quality games on services just for the benefit of convenience
Was talking about the publishers adapting but ok You are aware you can still buy movies and music to own, correct?

Fitzchiv

Mod of War Mod of War can't make you follow forum rules. But, I suppose if you're going to blatantly break them and boast about it, no one will cry when you lose posting privileges.

What rules have I broken? It'd be convenient for you if I got banned from this thread so you could climb up on that high horse and give a sermon once I had again, so I guess that's why you're trying your best to ensure it happens.

Rat.

Last edited:

DanielsM

Banned
So I assume if you buy DLC for a GamePass game, you are just out of luck when the game is taken back of GP? Unless, of course, you also buy the full game outright.
Its my reading both PS Now and Game Pass are that way.

Do DLC and add-ons work with downloaded games?
Yes. You can purchase and use any DLC and add-on content with games downloaded from PlayStation Now. If your PlayStation Now subscription expires, or if the limited time game content leaves the PS Now service, you’ll also lose access to the DLC and add-on content associated with that game. However, should you re-subscribe to PlayStation Now, or purchase the game from PlayStation Store, you’ll be able to use your purchased DLC and add-on content again.

This thread is a hoot.

To summarize:

• Game Pass is bad for gaming
  • Game Pass has nothing to do with gaming

k-Kermit-o.k.-ok-okay-sarcastic-sure-GIF.gif

My favorite is still that GamePass has nothing to do with gaming, and that being excited about GamePass is like being excited that Walmart has more shelf space for games. They are scraping the bottom of the barrel so hard to find something negative to say that the posts are becoming word blobs that make zero sense.

Hobbygaming

Your view here (which I've seen others share) aka the theory whereby cheap games = bad for the business assumes the gaming industry's economic model is geared towards making those "bigger & better games each generation" (& not lining the pockets of greedy shareholders...) & that discounts & used games weren't always a reality.

How many times have we seen companies boast about their game sales only for people to enter threads with acerbic "yeah, only because it was discounted/included in console sales" comments? The $69.99 price is temporary, always. I've been a gamer since the late 1980's & the majority of that time has been about finding discounts on the store (I have about 50+ ps4 games which I never paid more than 15 euros for), borrowing games, getting games used & now gamepass on Xbox. I'm pretty sure the "industry" prefers gamepass to a couple of those other methods (aka borrowing & used sales).
The initial sales are the most important for a studio. Yes, there's people that wait for sales but what keeps these companies afloat are those early buyers

DanielsM

Banned
My favorite is still that GamePass has nothing to do with gaming, and that being excited about GamePass is like being excited that Walmart has more shelf space for games. They are scraping the bottom of the barrel so hard to find something negative to say that the posts are becoming word blobs that make zero sense.

Its all context, I would say Steam has something to do with gaming but at this stage its just digital distribution channel i.e. modern walmart. Its nothing to really talk about unless something is going on with it... like software upgrade or new feature, or something news worthy. Which is why you don't see 75 threads a day on Steam or 50 threads a day about EA Access or 75 threads a day about PS Now or 500 threads on Origin.... literally its just a rental service. Is it somewhat relative to gaming sure, but not much more than Walmart.

"Wow, look guys, I got a new copy of Halo 12 at Target on the bargain shelf for $6"

Is the above related to gaming, sure, not something I would post on this forum, maybe something for cheapassamer, but that is my opinion... .certainly kind of strange to have all these threads on it. If I saw 70 threads a day about - is Steam bad for the industry every day.... I would think that would be strange as well.

A lot you guys seem to missed the "context" class, same guys start a thread on it... than get mad when they don't get the desired responses.... seems strange.

Last edited:

Psykodad

Banned
GamePass's whole premise is to get people to pay less for games they don't want, so they'll be less likely to pay full price for the games they DO want (which are, for the most part, on other platforms).
Nah, uncle Phil wouldn't do that, he is pro-consumer.

This thread shows severe jealously for gamepass because Sony hardons are upset that they now only get two free games. Instead of bashing Microsoft why not write to Sony to adopt a similar program, or to increase the number of free games with a PSN+ subscription? I guess because that requires too much logic? This is from someone who doesn't have gamepass because my internet is shit.

Although, it seems like Microsoft is putting Game Pass as some type of miracle and really what they are selling. I personnally don't think it will work out for Microsoft like they are promising,
You do realize the reverse of everything you said is also true? Graphics didn't matter to MicroGAF in 2013, only truly "great" games like Ryse and Dead Rising 3.

The difference is most people switched to PS4 this gen, because they truly liked the games PlayStation was offering. Really, it was just the blind Xbox fans that will never switch consoles no matter how big of a difference in quality there is.

Calling over 50 million people blind Xbox fanboys is a childish argument.

Saying graphics didn't matter in 2013when the press was shoving Ryse in peoples faces shows ignorance.

Making the claim that people didn't truly like Xbox games in 2013 is revisionist history ignoring that from 2013 to mid 2014 people and some journalists were saying the PS4 didn't have games.

Not to mention, I thought this thread was about gamepass, not your insecurities. If you don't care about Xbox and believe gamepass doesn't give you value and may possibly bankrupt Microsoft despite not knowing how it's being paid for, then why are you arguing so hard against it? Jealously is a terrible thing, instead you should ask Sony to give you more free games instead of less. Once you have more games to play maybe you won't be attacking game pass for pages on a gaming forums pretending you know the inner workings of how it works.

VertigoOA

Banned
Most third party games won’t appear on gamespass till like 3 years after release. At that point they’ve already exhausted their sell thru rate at full retail price. Putting them in a sub isn’t a big deal.

DanielsM

Banned
This thread shows severe jealously for gamepass because Sony hardons are upset that they now only get two free games. Instead of bashing Microsoft why not write to Sony to adopt a similar program, or to increase the number of free games with a PSN+ subscription? I guess because that requires too much logic? This is from someone who doesn't have gamepass because my internet is shit.

Actually I would say most anyone that doesn't have a PS would be confused by all these threads, interview, ads, marketing, etc. as well, not sure its limited to people that have a playstation. I criticize Microsoft, but not really about Game Pass... its simply a rental service. I do criticize what they do in the consumer space, obviously its not working. Sony has a similar program, its called PS Now, it too is simply a rental service as well, I don't subscribe.... I don't need a rental service. :messenger_tears_of_joy: You set up a strawman, than said it "requires too much logic".

This thread shows severe jealously for gamepass because Sony hardons are upset that they now only get two free games.

I think you are confusing PS Now with PS Plus, those are two separate things, but not sure what the rant has to do with my comments.

Last edited:

oagboghi2

1. You are a Stadia fanboy. You have zero credibility
2. It would be nice if people who defended these business models could actually make a decent argument, instead of reverting to some console war bullshit.

2. It would be nice if people who defended these business models could actually make a decent argument, instead of reverting to some console war bullshit.

Where did I defend the business model? Do you need help reading?

Actually I would say most anyone that doesn't have a PS would be confused by all these threads, interview, ads, marketing, etc. as well, not sure its limited to people that have a playstation. I criticize Microsoft, but not really about Game Pass... its simply a rental service. I do criticize what they do in the consumer space, obviously its not working. Sony has a similar program, its called PS Now, it too is simply a rental service as well, I don't subscribe.... I don't need a rental service. :messenger_tears_of_joy: You set up a strawman, than said it "requires too much logic".

You don't know what a strawman is and you have compared to completely different services to each other, how is gamepass like psnow? Jealousy is a hell of a drug, just ask Sony for more free games.

DanielsM

Banned
Where did I defend the business model? Do you need help reading?
You don't know what a strawman is and you have compared to completely different services to each other, how is gamepass like psnow? Jealousy is a hell of a drug, just ask Sony for more free games.

Both of them are rental services... the only differences I can see is PS Now generally doesn't rotate games, has more games, you can stream games as well.... online is included with the games. With Game Pass its a rental service, games are rotated other than MS games, you get Crackdown 3 on day one, you get discounts on purchases, you still have to subscribe to XBL or get ultimate, and there is no streaming service.

Its video game rental.

Last edited:

Simpkin92

The only time I’ve ran into it was with Halo Wars 2 and it required a separate purchase. I think it may have been discounted slightly due to game pass membership though.

Vawn

Banned
Jealousy is a hell of a drug, just ask Sony for more free games.

So you've clearly jumped from Stadia to Xbox. I'm sure MicroGAF is ecstatic.

Now PS players are jealous of Xbox's games? Seriously?

And I don't need mediocre "free" game rentals. I didn't waste $2000 on Stadia. I can still afford to buy the games I want to play.

Last edited:
Both of them are rental services... the only differences I can see is PS Now generally doesn't rotate games, has more games, you can stream games as well.... online is included with the games. With Game Pass its a rental service, games are rotated other than MS games, you get Crackdown 3 on day one, you get discounts on purchases, you still have to subscribe to XBL or get ultimate, and there is no streaming service.

Its video game rental.

They are not the same thing.

So you've clearly jumped from Stadia to Xbox. I'm sure MicroGAF is ecstatic.

Now PS players are jealous of Xbox's games? Seriously?

Child can't answer the question, evades, nothing new here.

I also want to reveal something to you, it may shock you so you may need to get prepared. If you're ready, here's something you may not have known, game pass includes more than just Xbox made games. Are you ok? Do you need an ambulance?

DanielsM

Banned

I also want to reveal something to you, it may shock you so you may need to get prepared. If you're ready, here's something you may not have known, game pass includes more than just Xbox made games. Are you ok? Do you need an ambulance?

Yeah, those are the only ones people want to play. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

Vawn

Banned

So does PS Now. You need one?

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Thanks for proving my point. The vast majority of Sony's output doesn't have MTX, because they care about selling hardware equally as much as pushing software. They would rather lean on having premium experiences like GoW or TLOU than on services. They don't see an issue with emphasizing 60 dollars purchases.

Nintendo's MTX implemetation is very small, and confined almost exclusively to mobile. Games that are often free on mobile. Games that they often don't even make. Their full attention is on bigger productions that they release to customers, not to a subscription service that devalues their product. That's the issue.

Let's be honest. MS is leaning on gamepass becuase they failed to maintain pace with the PS4, and they struggled to perform as well on first-party development. Gamepass allows them to entice more people in MS services ecosystem, without having to produce as many AAA games. If you can't sell products at a premium, and you can't sell hardware, the smart thing to do is encourage subscriptions like gamepass and xbox live, and engage in heavy MTX which MS currently does.

I didn't prove your point at all. No one is arguing that Sony's first party output is better and that Microsoft ls leveraging gamepass due to being last in the market. That's a given. Microsoft has had a lot of issues this gen with first party home runs and thus they have looked to game pass as a way to get people into their ecosystem since they weren't coming for IP other than their big three.

But to say Sony is leaning on premium experiences at $60 instead of Microtransactions
and services is not true. You used Last of Us as an example...but that has Microtransactions. Some of their biggest IPs, Uncharted, Last of Us, Gran Turismo and The Show all have microtransactions. Just as Microsofts biggest IP do as well.

They are using Microtransactions and they are using services except their services did not take off. Vue, Now, and Plus are all their services and Vue is being shut down and Now is struggling to find it's place is the market. With price cuts to the service being used to try and boost subscribers. They aren't leaning on it the way Microsoft is by any means but they have just as many services as Microsoft in the gaming ecosystem. And they are going to continue with plus and now and there isn't any evidence to show they are going to stop either along with Microtransactions.

If they could put microtransactions in single player games without a backlash it's more than fair to say they would do it. They use microtransactions in almost all of their first party games that have multiplayer. (Possibly all?)

This argument that Game Pass devalues their IP is uneducated and unfound. There is zero evidence to support this.

You can't have it both ways. Their IP can't be both not strong and devalued all of the sudden due to a service.

This notion that Microsoft is the big bad guy because of Microtransactions and services is a product of good PR by Sony. But the facts show that they too are using services and microtransactions in almost the exact same way.

Multiplayer games like Last of Us, Uncharted, Gran Turismo and Killzone use microtransactions for cosmetics the same way that Microsoft does for Halo, Forza and Gears.

PS Now has not only matched Game Pass' price point it now has added features like Downloading games to try and mimic gamepass. In an effort to push the service they added their big games like God of War and Uncharted 4 specifically to try and draw people in. It's not day in date the same way Game Pass is sure but it's a very similar strategy and it's not a coincidence it's the same price now.

VertigoOA

Banned
Gamespass is the best thing in the console gaming space. New MS releases day one and a must for every Xbox owner. Third party games will make an appearance once they’ve exhausted their potential at full retail price. And probably years after release so where’s the loss?

I don’t get the hate. Just comes off as stupidity.

Last edited:

DanielsM

Banned
They work completely differently.

No they don't, they're both video game rentals. Its like saying Blockbuster worked different than Family Video. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I would like to put you back on my ignore but your threads are hilarious, I'm so torn. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Fuck, I wouldn't subscribe to either one. :messenger_tears_of_joy: Its like saying your dad is better than mine, but my dad is dead. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

And I don't need mediocre "free" game rentals. I didn't waste $2000 on Stadia. I can still afford to buy the games I want to play.

We all warned him, I have no empathy for him. No empathy for him this time either.

obrazek_1idiommmmsmm.jpg

Last edited:

FireFly

Its all context, I would say Steam has something to do with gaming but at this stage its just digital distribution channel i.e. modern walmart. Its nothing to really talk about unless something is going on with it... like software upgrade or new feature, or something news worthy.
When Steam first launched there were a million threads on it across various forums. We're still in the stage where Game Pass has not been fully established as a service, hence there are a lot of threads debating whether it will be succesful. If it does succeed or become "standard", then I imagine we will stop seeing so many threads created about it.

Steam is actually a great example of how nothing more than a digital store front actually had a few big effects on the industry. And now we see a huge debate about the effects of Epic Games Store, which is in some sense, just another store front.

Last edited:
Top Bottom