• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If Gamepass is bad for the industry then why has nobody noticed besides GAF?

DanielsM

Banned
When Steam first launched there were a million threads on it across various forums. We're still in the stage where Game Pass has not been fully established as a service, hence there are a lot of threads debating whether it will be succesful. If it does succeed or become "standard", then I imagine we will stop seeing threads created about it.

Steam is actually a great example of how nothing more than a digital store front actually had a few big effects on the industry. And now we see a huge debate about the effects of Epic Games Store, which is in some sense, just another store front.

Game Pass was launch in 2017, basically the threads, articles, interviews, etc. that go way beyond the norm or even close to the norm. You don't even see a tiny fraction of the amount of threads on non-Microsoft topics, generally speaking.

I actually agree with a good portion of your post though.

How did they work differently??

One is a game rental/streaming subscription, the other one is a strange religious cult.

priestcloud.jpg

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
it does thanks. PS now is just different since it’s a streaming service so you don’t have that capability.
PS Now and Gamepass have similarities, but also differences.

PS Now
- Lots of old gen games, where PS3 games are streamable
- PS Now on PC gaming is streaming only at 720p
- Less focus on recent gen games, where first party games are older

Gamepass
- Better pricing as if you have Gold, you can stack on Gamepass Ultimate for $1. Nobody knows how long this will go on for, but the deal has been around since E3 2019. I upgraded my Gold for 3 years of GP for $1 + tax total
- All games are downloadable
- Gamepass games on PC are downloadable too
- More focus on recent gen games
- First party games are available day one going forward for the past year or so. But for older first party games (such as Forza 7), they might not be in the library. I forget when the exact date was, but at a certain date, all MS first party games going forward are part of Gamepass right away

Last edited:
Except he's right. Just saying.

I would ask you to demonstrate how with facts and figures but of course you have zero facts or figures to prove anything so you won't.

So yeah keep on telling yourselves whatever you want to hear. It still only lives in your fantasies :)

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
You can say that 1 billion times per day for the rest of your life, it still won't make it true. Just saying 🤷‍♂️ :)
It's already been proven true lol I've seen people say that they've stopped buying games, they wait to see if the game comes to Gamepass instead

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
It's already been proven true lol I've seen people say that they've stopped buying games, they wait to see if the game comes to Gamepass instead
I responded to this very argument and you either didn't see it or chose not respond.

And that's not proof it devalues games. It's proof of many other things but not devaluing games.

Yeah like how you saw that tweet where we see one random Android dev say they are worried because of Gamepass and that was your proof that industry is worried as a whole? 😂

Yeah buuuut nah bro we're good. You can keep your "proof".

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
They are going to be waiting a long time because certain franchises have never come to GP, and some never will (like EA games).

Some AAA third games that do come out, might come years later.

First party games will definitely feel the biggest hit as MS has stated all of them are day one GP games.

And I can see gamers waiting for those B-tier games they don't want to risk money on and aren't day one buys anyway. So might as well wait it out to see if it hits GP a year later. And if it doesn't, it's no issue anyway because the gamer was always going to wait for it to be on a 60% off Xbox sale blitz a year out.

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

I responded to this very argument and you either didn't see it or chose not respond.

And that's not proof it devalues games. It's proof of many other things but not devaluing games.
When you're not buying games but instead are waiting until it lands on a cheap service, how is it not?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
When you're not buying games but instead are waiting until it lands on a cheap service, how is it not?
How are games being devalued when sales and profits are top notch at game companies? Maybe it's more of a shift to the top franchises.

It's like movies then. Since everyone does Netflix and various other movie subs for $10/mth, movies are devalued too. Everyone has stacks of DVDs, then a smaller stack of BR, and an even smaller stack of 4k UHD (I bet most people have no 4k movie discs). People prefer to wait on subs then buy $20 discs.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I already showed proof that developers are terrified from these services
LcLsV1l.jpg
The only ones terrified are devs making b-tier shitty games at $60.

Big publishers still sell games for $60, and it seems many indie devs are fine selling games for $5-20, or go the sub plan on day one with a payout from the subscription maker.

I see those B-tier budget games (that should sell for $40) being hit the hardest, although its just my opinion. AAA $60 games are still big sellers, and lots of indies games seem to do well at rock bottom pricing. But those Darksiders, Just Cause, Prototype kinds of games are the ones I see people waiting for sub plans. And if they don't, they'll just scoop it up on a PSN or XB or Steam deal at a huge discount a year later.

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
How are games being devalued when sales and profits are top notch at game companies? Maybe it's more of a shift to the top franchises.

It's like movies then. Since everyone does Netflix and various other movie subs for $10/mth, movies are devalued too. Everyone has stacks of DVDs, then a smaller stack of BR, and an even smaller stack of 4k UHD (I bet most people have no 4k movie discs). People prefer to wait on subs then buy $20 discs.

This is along the right idea. It doesn't devalues games. If anything it shows the market is crowded with sub par experiences and only the top franchises are getting the traction.

DavidGzz

Streaming will take over for the majority of gamers this generation. Game Pass will pale in comparison to how much that will devalue your precious games. I'm siked about streaming, myself but only because I do most of my gaming where 4k doesn't matter. Response time on games is already stellar with GE Force Now. I just need PS Now and Xcloud(hurry and release a PC app MS) as well to enjoy most if not all relevant games without even owning a box or PC. I mean, I will still buy all consoles and a high end PC until they stop selling them for home use.

Hobbygaming

They are going to be waiting a long time because certain franchises have never come to GP, and some never will (like EA games).

Some AAA third games that do come out, might come years later.

First party games will definitely feel the biggest hit as MS has stated all of them are day one GP games.

And I can see gamers waiting for those B-tier games they don't want to risk money on and aren't day one buys anyway. So might as well wait it out to see if it hits GP a year later. And if it doesn't, it's no issue anyway because the gamer was always going to wait for it to be on a 60% off Xbox sale blitz a year out.
Somewhere here posted a thread from Reddit where a guy said he didn't buy Metro Exodus strictly because of the other Metro games already being in Gamepass so he guessed Exodus would come also.

There was also a pretty telling survey on Era where they asked people if they still bought games after beating them on Gamepass. The results were just as I expected lol hardly anyone spent cash on these games

I see posts all the time from ppl saying they no longer purchase games due to GP...

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Somewhere here posted a thread from Reddit where a guy said he didn't buy Metro Exodus strictly because of the other Metro games already being in Gamepass so he guessed Exodus would come also.

There was also a pretty telling survey on Era where they asked people if they still bought games after beating them on Gamepass. The results were just as I expected lol hardly anyone spent cash on these games

I see posts all the time from ppl saying they no longer purchase games due to GP...
Again...what you are describing isn't a devalue of games. If the revenue streams were gone that would be devaluing the product but devs are paid for their games on game pass.

GHG

How does DLC work with Game Pass games? Do you have to buy the DLC or is it included? Will the game still be available on Game Pass when DLC comes out? If not, would you buy the full game to play through DLC?

Honestly curious how DLC works with the service.

Why anyone would buy dlc for a game they don't own is beyond me, but here we are.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

That doesn't mean the money isn't there. It just means MS (or any sub makers) are paying them, instead of the gamer paying $60. If the sub maker and dev are happy, and the gamer s happy paying a sub plan, it's a win win win for all.

Not everyone wants to pay $60 for a game. Just like not everyone wants to do a sub plan. Some people pay for Spotify. Some don't. Music disc sales are virtually zero now. Doesn't mean all musicians are broke and have $0 revenue.

It's like movies. Netflix and the other movie subs get movies all the time. Hardly anyone buys movies anymore. Doesn't mean the sub makers get the movies for free. They have to pay the company for access to them.

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
Part of the problem is that the entire process about GamePass is so opaque. We don't know how many people are subbed, how much MS is paying devs, how payments are structured, etc. This is obviously intentional, but it is still impossible to actually analyze this without having the info.

We simply do not know if it is better for devs to get GP money or get paid for selling a game like it always has been done, and we won't know until devs or MS start to give up that info.

EA was doing GamePass before GamePass though. MS surely looked at EA Access data while doing the research on GP.

Last edited:

Vawn

Banned
Yeah like how you saw that tweet where we see one random Android dev say they are worried because of Gamepass and that was your proof that industry is worried as a whole? 😂

Yeah buuuut nah bro we're good. You can keep your "proof".

The point of that pic was the Jason Schreier comment, not the developer comment below.

Moogle11

Banned
Why anyone would buy dlc for a game they don't own is beyond me, but here we are.

If you’re someone that doesn’t replay games there’s no difference.

I buy dlc (especially expansions for story-driven games) and play it and sell off the base game if I bought physical and uninstall it all of it’s something I bought digital on a regular basis.

Gamepass is usually going to be cheaper than that usually as it’s just a portion of the monthly sub covering the base game (and other games I play that month) and the same price for the DLC either way. That’s usually less out of pocket than what I’d spend even with eBaying a base game after I’m done with how resell value drops, seller fees etc.

It’s a moot point for us one-and-done type gamers that just want to experience content once and move on for good. Sub services make a ton of sense for us money wise even if the dlc is bought separately (as we’d be buying it either way).

JayK47

Games I have tried on GamePass with my 90 day free subscription:

Gears 5: Thought it was pretty good. Glad I played it.
The Outer Worlds: Great game. Was able to get a free copy on Epic Store.
Frost Punk: Enjoyed it, but may not buy.
Rage 2: Played it once and not worth playing again. Perfect GamePass game.
Disneyland Adventures: Daughter loves to play this game.
Metro Exodus: Really enjoyed this game and may pick it up on Steam at some point.
Vampyr: Thought I would like this game, but I did not. Glad I played it on GamePass and did not waste my money on it.
Mutant Year Zero: Thought I would like this game, but I did not. Glad I played it on GamePass and did not waste my money on it.
MudRunner: Fun for a few hours and not really worth buying. Perfect for GamePass.
Goat Simulator: Fun for a few hours and not really worth buying. Perfect for GamePass.
Wolfenstein Youngblood: Currently playing and enjoying it.

In summary I like it more than I thought I would and it has saved me plenty of money on games that are only worth playing once or not at all.

Last edited:
Its all context, I would say Steam has something to do with gaming but at this stage its just digital distribution channel i.e. modern walmart. Its nothing to really talk about unless something is going on with it... like software upgrade or new feature, or something news worthy. Which is why you don't see 75 threads a day on Steam or 50 threads a day about EA Access or 75 threads a day about PS Now or 500 threads on Origin.... literally its just a rental service. Is it somewhat relative to gaming sure, but not much more than Walmart.

"Wow, look guys, I got a new copy of Halo 12 at Target on the bargain shelf for $6"

Is the above related to gaming, sure, not something I would post on this forum, maybe something for cheapassamer, but that is my opinion... .certainly kind of strange to have all these threads on it. If I saw 70 threads a day about - is Steam bad for the industry every day.... I would think that would be strange as well.

A lot you guys seem to missed the "context" class, same guys start a thread on it... than get mad when they don't get the desired responses.... seems strange.

See? Look at this nonsense. All these words to literally say nothing. And he does this in every MS thread I’ve seen recently. He deserves pity, not mocking.

This isn’t a result of GP devaluing games though. The market already does that and has long before GP came along. Just look at how people describe the games on GP. Old and worthless. If it’s not Calls of Dooty or 2k basketball no one gives a shit after a couple months and the games get gutted in price and a majority of the revenue is gone.

It’s as if people think publishers are forced to put games onto GP and aren’t reimbursed for it. Who cares if people played a game on GP and didn’t purchase it after they beat it? The publisher still got SOMETHING for it being on GP, and that’s more than they would have gotten if the game was just sitting there.

Hobbygaming

This isn’t a result of GP devaluing games though. The market already does that and has long before GP came along. Just look at how people describe the games on GP. Old and worthless. If it’s not Calls of Dooty or 2k basketball no one gives a shit after a couple months and the games get gutted in price and a majority of the revenue is gone.

It’s as if people think publishers are forced to put games onto GP and aren’t reimbursed for it. Who cares if people played a game on GP and didn’t purchase it after they beat it? The publisher still got SOMETHING for it being on GP, and that’s more than they would have gotten if the game was just sitting there.
Services like GP encourage less purchasing games and that is bad for the industry whether some like to admit it or not. I've said my peace on this matter, I'm out lol

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

Video games are a weird thing.

The vast majority of games have big sales in the first month (maybe a few) and then sales drop like a rock. Only some games have legs which can sell well for a long time or even years.... GTA, Minecraft, I think R6 Siege picked up steam later on, etc.... But most die off fast.

It basically means gamers who buy games are frontloaded and beyond this initial batch of sales, the remaining gamers who haven't played it (probably 90%+ of the base) don't give a shit and most never will. Even when the game goes on sale for -50% off, sales are still shit.

Movies are similar, but at least would have secondary sales with discs or streaming. Book sales for popular works can last years, and re-released over decades. A classic book can be 100 years old.

With gaming, gamers are fickle and once that first few months pass, they consider it obsolete and not worth touching.

Last edited:

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Its a sad glorified rental service and its pathetic how most of you want to give up ownership of your own products. In the end your "favourite" game, movie, show could potentially be taken off which will lead you to buy it anyways. When I buy my games I dictate what I do with them, hell if I dont like it I sell it back for a high price where I maybe lose five bucks from that investment. The services could shut down tomorrow and then you will realize that you don't own any of the medium you love and are left with nothing

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Its a sad glorified rental service and its pathetic how most of you want to give up ownership of your own products. In the end your "favourite" game, movie, show could potentially be taken off which will lead you to buy it anyways. When I buy my games I dictate what I do with them, hell if I dont like it I sell it back for a high price where I maybe lose five bucks from that investment. The services could shut down tomorrow and then you will realize that you don't own any of the medium you love and are left with nothing

Good thing the market has options and lets me make the decision for myself.

VertigoOA

Banned
Oh, so it’s the collectors that are complaining... LOl. Who gives a shit about your bookshelves of games you’re never friggin playing again.

I always kept hearing about the doom and gloom of losing games forever.

I’ve sold my entire gaming collections off. And the games that I loved... I can still play them... more efficiently no less. Not keeping cartridges around with dead battery backups made zero fucking difference.

Oh, lemme guess .. y’all exclusively game on CRTs too. Give me a fucking break.

GAMING IS DYING EVERYONE!

LOL

Moogle11

Banned

Which is great for those of us who don’t give a fuck about owning and replaying games since actual game rental options have mostly dried up.

Things like game pass are cheaper and less hassle than buying and reselling or buying digital in sales and uninstalling when done which is the other way I consume games.

I’m just not a collector nor obsessed with any of my media consumption hobbies. They’re just fun time wasters for me, not something I treasure, value or care about owning. Only things I care about owning are necessities and assets that make me wealthier.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Which is great for those of us who don’t give a fuck about owning and replaying games since actual game rental options have mostly dried up.

Things like game pass are cheaper and less hassle than buying and reselling or buying digital in sales and uninstalling when done which is the other way I consume games.

I’m just not a collector nor obsessed with any of my media consumption hobbies. They’re just fun time wasters for me, not something I treasure, value or care about owning. Only things I care about owning are necessities and assets that make me wealthier.
Same for me.

It's like Netflix. I haven't bought a disc in years. But I have no problem splitting a Netflix 4k account with my brother and watch tons of content for like $70. I think I got my money's worth in the first week alone.

When a disc goes for around $10-20, and a typical TV series is maybe $40 per season or $100 or the whole series, I'd have to peel out tons of money a year. Forget it. And even better, the cost is split and my bro's family watches even more than me.

That's a lot of value for a small year sub.

Even if subs do suppress overall revenue, too bad. Then don't release the content as digital distribution on sub plans and instead sell games at standard $60 with no sales. Go the Nintendo route of $60 games for 5 years.

Last edited:

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Good thing the market has options and lets me make the decision for myself.

Sure but as long as you realise that eventually this will have a cost and it could lead to poorer game development and less on quality of games. Even MS started this last year where they are buying more studios for the specifics of making games strictly for gamepass which are single A and double A titles. For a market crying for more quality of AAA games we are sure to turn a blind eye because a "service" paints a good price for now but when the quality drops who will you complain to then?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Sure but as long as you realise that eventually this will have a cost and it could lead to poorer game development and less on quality of games. Even MS started this last year where they are buying more studios for the specifics of making games strictly for gamepass which are single A and double A titles. For a market crying for more quality of AAA games we are sure to turn a blind eye because a "service" paints a good price for now but when the quality drops who will you complain to then?
You're assuming just because some games get revenue from a secret sub plan deal, it means the money is bad.

If it's so bad, then don't do it and sell a game for $60 like everyone else.

If the game is that good and will sell that well, sell it as normal and don't bother with sub plans on day one. Just do sub plans later like most games after the initial wave of sales is done at regular price and swoop in later for sub plan contracts.

Moogle11

Banned

I won‘t complain to anyone. I, again, don’t take gaming that seriously and have a bunch of other hobbies If I ever wanted to stop gaming. There’s also plenty of existing games I haven’t played to keep me busy a long time.

I’m also not crying for more AAA games. I like plenty of them, especially Sony and Nintendo games for my tastes. But I miss the midbudget AA games that were quirkier and took more risks as they didn’t have to sell millions of copies to turn a profit. If subscription services mean more of those as they’re less risky as they can make a profit over a longer haul as subscribers download them and check them out that would be a great thing. Much like how streaming video services have a lot of niche content, revive shows the networks cancel etc.

I also don’t think we’ll see a quality drop. There are more good movies, shows and music runs ever despite the dominance of streaming and decline of people buying physical media or digital downloads.

Outside of MS first party games and a few indies most of what’s going in game pass or free on epic pr ps+ is stuff that was front loaded in sales (and/or underperformed) thst wasn’t selling much anymore and most remaining sales were heavily discounted during sales.

Game pass and similar are just another outlet to to squeeze some more money out of a game. Just like with movies squeezing some more money out of streaming on Netflix after it’s out of theaters and dvd/Bluray/digital download purchases have largely died up.

The industry will eventually turn into exactly what Netflix is.

Loads and loads of cheap, unpolished garbage, with a small number of really good games worth playing here and there. The industry will raise the prices of games at retailers (and control the games you do buy with digital licenses) so that the "value" always appears to be with an endless subscription service.

Actually Netflix has a lot of great content. What a bizarre thing to say.

The point of that pic was the Jason Schreier comment, not the developer comment below.

Is that your alt account or something.. ? 😂

Also just as planned you didn't bring any proof to the table regarding the devaluation of games. So predictable.

GHG

If you’re someone that doesn’t replay games there’s no difference.

I buy dlc (especially expansions for story-driven games) and play it and sell off the base game if I bought physical and uninstall it all of it’s something I bought digital on a regular basis.

Gamepass is usually going to be cheaper than that usually as it’s just a portion of the monthly sub covering the base game (and other games I play that month) and the same price for the DLC either way. That’s usually less out of pocket than what I’d spend even with eBaying a base game after I’m done with how resell value drops, seller fees etc.

It’s a moot point for us one-and-done type gamers that just want to experience content once and move on for good. Sub services make a ton of sense for us money wise even if the dlc is bought separately (as we’d be buying it either way).

I find this hilarious considering on of the most common retorts directed at fans of other platforms is the fact that the available exclusive games are typically defined as "one and done games", as if that's the worst thing in the world.

The above is not directed at you directly by the way, just more of a general observation. Also if you can personally justify the DLC purchases then I don't have a problem with it even if I personally wouldn't do it (who am I to say otherwise, live your life how you wish).

The reality is that by design gamepass makes games even more "disposable" than they ever were, and it's greatly ironic to see such fervent support from people who have historically gone around saying they hate "one and done" type games and have no interest in ever playing them.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
GamePass's whole premise is to get people to pay less for games they don't want, so they'll be less likely to pay full price for the games they DO want (which are, for the most part, on other platforms).

Your post doesn't make any sense. I know it's some sort of "my Sony games are the best", but if that were the case game pass would be dead since it's only on pc and Xbox One.

MagnesG

Banned
Fwiw, I get to try obscure games I would have never tried, or maybe interested for quite a few.

Though I noticed having a big backlog of games without any obvious purchase of them makes me less prone to finish those games, less incentive to venture out experimenting and less patience for both. It is truly like those fast industry made clothing lines, exceptionally fancy on the eyes but much less emphasis on long term attachment, hence poor quality on the material.

Allandor

Who did tell the thread-creator that Gaf thinks, that Gamepass is a bad idea? As far as I know Gaf is a forum that consists of many people with different opinions.

Btw, I think gamepass is a good idea. Many developers get this way a chance to present games to people, that would never have bought them, and they get money for it. Yes it might kill some retail sales but on the other hand, they can get additional DLC sales and if customers really like the game and it vanishes from gamepass they might still buy it.
And there is the thing with the subscription service. It is way more lucrative for companies to get money each month than one-time sales. It is just like with netflix, spotify & co.

Kagey K

Banned
This is like saying Blockbuster and Gamestop are going to put the games industry out of a job.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!

You are making a ton of assumptions that honestly sound like FUD and someone who doesn't actually understand the industry and the struggles it's already facing.

First, I'd like the receipts on Microsoft saying they are making only A and AA games with their new studios. Because I don't ever remember seeing that but I would love to be proven wrong.

Second, theres no evidence to support this will lead to less AAA games in any capacity. The market is already flooded with content that is sub par in both the AA and AAA space and that was happening way before game pass. And companies in the AAA space like square and ubisoft are already leaning into less projects but with longer tails and more revenue streams. This is not in any shape or form because of game pass.

Third, You could make the argument that something like gamepass can help with curation of a market that desperately needs it which can lead to better games being not only discovered but made in the future due to exposure if a developer with talent along with additional revenue from something like gamepass which wasn't an option.

I think it's fair from the outside looking in how you could come to a snap decision like the one you described but digging deeper for 2 minutes shows how there isn't a lot of weight to the argument at this time.

Did blockbuster make big movies go away? Did Hulu make TV go away? Do meal delivery services make gourmet food go away? Because that's the argument you are presenting.

1. Are you familiar with streaming music, streaming movies, and streaming television? Because none of what you just said applied to any of those entertainment industries. In fact one could easily argue the quality has gone up because subscription services need quality content to entice customers to sub. This is the main flaw in all the tin foil hattery logic going on with GamePass. People say MS will just poop out a bunch of cheaply made A/AA filler content for GamePass yet can never explain how they are then supposed to sell that service to gamers or the hardware to use that service on.

2. What is this horseshit about buying devs specifically to make A/AA titles? You do realize AAA dev studios don't grow on trees, yes? It's not as if there are tons out there to buy. MS built a couple and also bought Playground and bought some smaller teams. It's normal for publishers to have big teams and small teams.

3. What market is crying for more AAA games? In fact, isn't the market having tons of good AAA games exactly why services like GamePass and GwG and PS+ get AAA games on the service in the first place? As gamers we devalue games almost instantly. Used? Well I'm not paying near full price. Oh it's a month old? Is it half off? Oh there's DLC? I'll wait for the complete edition.

Quality isn't going to drop because these publishers will still want to sell games. What bizarre logic.

People getting upset about this is funny. There is so much quality on Game Pass it is unbelievable. I have about 50 AAA/AA games waiting to play on it, and no time. And who cares about sales numbers? I couldn't care less if my favorite author sold one copy of a novel, it doesn't devalue my experience or the author's creation.

Anyway, it's probably a charity supported by Bill Gates, the way it's such good value for poor gamers like me.

Seriously though, right now I'm playing through Rise of the Tomb Raider but I'm too late to start Shadow of the Tomb Raider before it leaves Game Pass next week. But I don't mind because the series is awesome and I'll definitely be buying Shadow Definitive Edition later. And probably buy Rise DE later too as the game rocks. This is how GP can entice gamers into spending money.

Last edited:

Flintty

there have been some stupid posts in this thread and this here is in the top 5.
I assume you don’t buy digital at all and that’s your choice.

I buy physical games that I really want, sometimes special editions (example my most recent was Astral Chain one Switch). I have a big collection of physical Switch games, including Bloodstained (on Game Pass) and smaller digital games like Untitled Goose Game (also on Gamepass Pass). This is my choice. I have been mostly digital on the X this gen and anything I play on GP is stuff I probably wasn’t going to buy anyway. And if I like one enough, I will buy it at discount digitally. This works for me. So fuck off with accusations of people being pathetic for choosing how they buy their games.

Final comment, if the service ends tomorrow I lose nothing. I got my moneys worth. I can just go out and buy the game I want to play the most. Ease it with this hyperbolic bullshit.

Top Bottom