• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If you could only buy 5 new release games from Sept-Dec...

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Was only planning on buying 4 games this holiday season so...

Uncharted 3
Skyward Sword
Skyrim (PC)
Saint's Row 3 (360)

I got a little chuckle when I realized I'm buying one game per platform.

I'm only buying 7, but if limited to 5 it would be
Gears 3
Modern Warfare 3
Skyrim
Halo Anniversary
Zelda

Ico/SotC collection and Battlefield 3 would get the cut, playing through UC2 now so I can go awhile before playing UC3

GreekWolf

1. Skyrim
2. Uncharted 3
3. Rage
4. Batman: AC
5. BF:3

Still don't understand the Demon/Dark Souls fetish, but eh... different strokes.

Synless

1. Ico/SotC Collection
2. Uncharted 3
3. Skyward Sword
4. MGS: HD Collection
5. Skyrim

I would have gotten Gears 3 over MGS HD Collection but my 360 broke and I refuse to buy another this late in the generation.

LaneDS

In order of release-

1. Dark Souls
2. Arkham City
3. Uncharted 3
4. Skyward Sword

Fifth is a toss up. Torchlight 2?

Mario 3D Land
Modern Warfare 3
Mario Kart 7
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Kirby: Return to Dreamland

With MW3 and MK 7 being time-consuming online games, I may only get those five. We'll see.

Marjorine

In no particular order and assuming The Old Republic doesn't hit between now and Dec 31st...

FIFA 12
Batman AC
MW3
BF3
Skyrim

Yep. Quite the generic list there.

LOCK

5 games is really hard...

Skyrim
Skyward Sword
Uncharted 3
Super Mario 3D Land
Arkham City

This isnt even a third of the games I want.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
  1. Dark Souls
  2. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
  3. Batman: Arkham City (PC)
  4. Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
  5. The Ico & Shadow of the Colossus Collection

JackEtc

lol, I wish I could afford buying 5 games this year, much less these few months.

But....
Battlefield 3
Skyrim
Gears 3
Forza 4
Batman

Disgaea 4
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom
KOF XIII

That is pretty much it for new releases. I might get some used games in between for the right price.

BowieZ

Banned
Interesting how there's a fairly consistent trend, on every page.

Around 25 mentions of Mario games overall, about 50 solely Uncharted mentions, and ... wait, what? about 5 or 6 mentions of Modern Warfare 3... per page?

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Batman
Uncharted
Zelda
Mario 3DS

Every other game that I want to get this year I will wait for next year or price drops.

Surprised Stump has not yet entered to force people to add more substance to their posts.

Team ICO Collection - for obvious reasons. I have not yet played ICO so I patiently await experiencing it for the first in HD, but more importantly I await the SotC remaster as it was the second greatest game on PS2. Its only drawback was the technical limitations of the platform, which running on PS3 will correct. Ultimately I expect this package to fully deliver and as a result still be better than all newly developed games released this year.

RAGE - There's a lot of shooters coming out (when is there ever not), but i'm going to give id the benefit of the doubt that RAGE will feature the best single player campaign in the Sept-Dec time frame. The trailers have all been fantastic, the gameplay looks extremely solid, and after loving Doom 3 this year I have even more faith that id can deliver a well rounded package. They seem to have learned from their 'mistakes' (if you can call them that), and distilled RAGE down to what they do best. Downgrades aside, it still looks the part; I remain eager to see it running in 1080p60fps on my screen.

Dark Souls - Demon's Souls was the best game of 2009 (suck it Uncharted 2), and arguably the defining game of the generation. I sunk so many hours into the game and was highly impressed by the online component and tough but fair difficulty. I'm going into Dark Souls having not watched much media, but judging by GAF's hype barometer (which I used for the original game), I get the feeling they are going to improve on Demon's Souls in every way. Which I guess means that it would supplant the original as the new defining game of the generation (suck it Uncharted 3). Also the special edition once again is beautiful.

Battlefield 3 - so RAGE will be delivering the single player goods, that leaves BF3 to contest the online shooter realm. Fuck it's single player (BFBC2 sucked hard)... give me *roll call* 64-player conquest, jets, tanks, destructible environments, Back to Karkand, and master race visuals running it all. This will last me a very very long time I imagine.

Metal Gear Solid: Ultimate Collection - Sort of cheating since it's 7 games in one: Metal Gear, Metal Gear 2, MGS, MGS2 in HD, MGS3 in HD, Peace Walker in HD, and MGS4, all in one glorious steel case. Rather tremendous to have the whole series playable on one console and offer so much gameplay in one package. The HD versions are the stand-out element, as when I said SotC was the second best PS2 game, I was thinking of MGS2 as the first (and MGS3 is probably the third I suppose). All these HD re-releases will rightfully make modern gaming look shitty in comparison.

BowieZ said:
Interesting how there's a fairly consistent trend, on every page.

Around 25 mentions of Mario games overall, about 50 solely Uncharted mentions, and ... wait, what? about 5 or 6 mentions of Modern Warfare 3... per page?

Not surprising, it had a good showing at COD XP.

1. Torchlight II - Nothing else matters for the year except for this game.
  2. Hard Reset - Watching this closely and waiting for reviews.
  3. Skyrim - Probably won't buy since I know Bethesda has a DLC plan in place. With their games, and my backlog, it's better to wait for the GOTY edition.
  4. Rage - Will it be id's return to the throne? Will wait for reviews to find out.
  5. Battlefield 3 - EA's ace in the hole. Not even having it being exclusive to Origin is going to stop me from playing this bitch.

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
Batman: Arkham City
Battlefield 3
ICO/SotC

I'd say Skyrim but I'd like to get a new PC first.

I wish I COULD afford 5 games in that window.
Anyway, if I could it would be (by release date):

1.Batman
2.Uncharted 3
3.Skyrim
4.Saints Row: The Third
5.Assassin's Creed: Revelations

Top Bottom