• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If you could only buy 5 new release games from Sept-Dec...

Mupod

spesh muhreen (although I technically already bought it)
gears 3
dark souls
hard reset (or serious sam 3, if the real game is better than the videos they've been putting out lately)
TOR (enjoying the beta, also all my friends and everyone at work are getting it...)

Refugio

Had a hard time coming up with 5 but this is what I got:
Layton 4
Zelda
Rayman
Solatorobo
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom (Just cause Phoenix Wright)

The only one that I'll for sure be buying Layton. The rest are maybes right now.

seady

Dead Island
Super Mario 3D Land
ICO Collection
Zelda Skyward Sword
Skyrim
Kirby Mass Attack (Sequel to Canvas Curse!)

McLovin

I hate how everyone waits until September and then jumble everything up until December. No way in hell anyone is gonna get everything they want, even if they have the money they wont have the time to play everything. Do games really sell poorly in the summer? I was freakin desperate the last few months, now I don't know what to buy. The only games I know I'm getting for sure are BF3, Uncharted 3, and Batman AC. I want Assassins Creed Revelations, Dark Souls, MW3, Rage, Resistance 3, Ico/SotC, Gears of War 3, a 3DS for the new Mario game(s)(probably not gonna happen though). I kind of want skyward sword too but I've been so overwhelmed that I haven't even considered the possibility of getting it.
Probably gonna get Journey too but I didn't count it since its probably gonna be cheap.
edit-Saints Row the 3rd also a must buy for me.

ReaperXL7

1. Skyrim
2. Dark Souls
3. Saintsrow 3
4. White Knight Chronicles 2
5. Disgaea 4/ Team Ico Collection

Hard list to make really, so many games coming out that I want just on disc. Add in all the games coming out on PSN/Steam and my wallet will weep bloody tears.

Fuck these 4 months. Many more than 5 I'd buy. Even if money were no object, there's just not enough time. Publishers: Spread your games out more!

1) Skyrim
2) Battlefield 3
3) F1 2011
4) Forza 4
5) KOF XIII

gdt

Dammmn, a tough one.

1. Zelda
2. Uncharted 3
3. Batman: AC
4. Dark Souls
5......................................AC Revelations.

Hurt to leave off Gears, ICO/SotC etc etc etc.

I already have Batman paid off too ($33 on GMG).

RoboPlato said:
This is easy since I'm buying exactly 5 games in that period.

In order of release:
Resistance 3
Rage
Arkham City
Battlefield 3
Uncharted 3

Best fall ever.

Yeah, no kidding. This is probably the best year for games since 2007.

ezodagrom

1: Assassin's Creed Revelations PC (already pre-ordered)
2: Batman Arkham City PC (also pre-ordered)
3: Battlefield 3 PC
4: Sonic Generations (only if it gets a PC release)
5: Rayman Origins (Wii)

Magnus

Gears of War 3
Skyrim
Batman: Arkham City
Uncharted 3
Zelda: Skyward Sword

edit-

I forgot about Ico/SotC and MGS collections. Damn it.

Vard

FIFA 12
Battlefield 3
Dark Souls
ICO Collection
Child of Eden

The top 4 are easy answers for me, but so many great looking games could make up my fifth spot.

Order of likely hours pumped into these games...

1. Battlefield 3 (PC)
2. Skyrim (PC)
3. Uncharted 3 (PS3)
4. Dark Souls (PS3)
5. Modern Warfare 3 (PC) I can't believe I'm typing this....

The others that I've left off are Dead Island, RAGE, Assault Horizon and Arkham City. Realistically my last choice... MW3 was just between that and Dead Island and I only chose MW3 because I know all my friends will be playing that and pretty much only that, so when it comes to interacting with my friends and not, then I'll take that instead of the RPG.

I'm hoping however that they'll all go BF3 this year and I could avoid that, but they don't have good enough PC's and they'll probably not like being able to just lazer shoot people from across the map so they'll probably all end up in MW3 again after a few weeks of getting owned in BF3 anyway.

1. Batman: Arkham City (PC)
2. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (PS3)
3. Assassin's Creed: Revelations (if it's PC)
4. Elder Scrolls: Skyrim (PC)
5. ...start my Vita fund.

Everything else is going to have to wait. Yes, even you, Battlefield 3.

Skyward Sword
Dark Souls
Arkham City
Sonic Generations
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection

Hurts leaving off Super Mario 3D Land and Ico Collection...Also hurts leaving off Spider-Man Edge of Time

Phenomic

Dark Souls
Uncharted 3
Assassins Rev
Skyward Sword
Diablo 3.... If it even comes out between then.

For some reason my holiday is going to be extremely light this time around... I'm just not wanting as much this Christmas for whatever reason. These are the 4 I have to buy day one.

Apdiddy

This is sorta tough:

1) Dark Souls
2) Zelda: Skyward Sword
3) Batman: Arkham City
4) Super Mario 3D Land (depending on how it plays)
5) Uncharted 3 (based on the multiplayer beta....it's really close)

Resistance 3 & Gears 3 I'll get on the cheap or they'll have GOTY editions, same with Skyrim. Plus, with Skyrim it's finding out which version is the most 'crash resistant' and is likely to run better. Assassin's Creed: Revelation will also drop pretty fast after the new year.

I can take or leave Battlefield 3 even though visually it's impressive. And I might get MW3 if something is actually improved (graphics, gameplay, multiplayer, the frickin' SP campaign, etc.) or just wait until it's $15 at a pawn shop.

And I really want to get Disgaea 4, Atelier Totori and White Knight Chronicles II because I love those niche JRPG's.

Aesthet1c

I only plan on buying 5, at the very most in the coming months. My list is:

1. Diablo 3 (assuming its 2011 release)
2. Battlefield 3
3. Dota 2 (assuming it isn't F2P)
4. Ico Collection
5. Uncharted 3

Varion

1. Ao no Kiseki
2. Tales of Xillia
3. Uncharted 3
4. Final Fantasy Type-0
5. Skyward Sword I guess.

Actually that's pretty much all I'll be buying anyway.

Aspiring

Already have mine preordered!

Uncharted 3
Skyrim
Gear Of War 3
Forza 4
Battlefield 3

There are more I want but these 5 are already preordered and my most wanted.

KingDizzi

Banned
Being a member of the Lovefilm master race I'll just play whatever the fuck I want and pay £15 a month for it, FIFA 12 and MW3 are the top priorities though. That said for people purchasing games this year and going by past trends, the games to wait on at least here in the UK would be:

Forza 4
Skyrim
FIFA 12 (alternatively go to a supermarket on release and get it for £20)
PES 12
Resistance 3
Ratchet
Gears
Assassins Revelations

I'm 99.9% sure these games will be sub £30 a month or two after release and would expect them to be more in the £25 range. Games like MW3 and Zelds are not going to drop in price at least this year, have my doubs about BF3 and UC3 as well but would expect them to drop pretty darn quickly.

Oh man.

If I could only choose 5.

1. Gears 3
2. Halo Anniversary
3. Dark souls
4. Forza 4
5. Battlefield 3

I still want to try dead island, uncharted 3, rage and Skyrim. But the titles above are the must haves. I'd probably swap Gears for Rage if it turns out awesome (not a massive Gears fan), but so far, Horde 2 looks way too awesome too ignore. Plus, voting with my dollar for dedicated servers.

jkanownik

Dead Island
Gears of War 3
Saints Row 3
Diablo 3
Assassins Creed: Revelations

Fifth slot was rough. Skyrim/BF3/B:AC/MW3 all had a chance to take out AC:R.

bede-x

Looking at the various lists, it's no wonder we get so many sequels. It's obviously what people want. More than a little depressing..

SykoTech said:
Sound Shapes.

Yeah, that's the one. Love how the music responds to one's movement. Exciting stuff IMO.

Should probably add Fez to my list as well.

Dark Souls
Skyrim
Uncharted 3
Battlefield 3
Modern Warfare 3

I'd be very happy with just those, and will probably end up with just them.

Top Bottom