• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If you could only buy 5 new release games from Sept-Dec...

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I only plan on buying two games:

1. Halo Anniversary
2. Skyrim

And maybe a third: Skyward Sword.

FoxSpirit

Okay, let's make a first tally:

Uncharted 3 is like hottest cake
Arkham city is also a hot cake
Skyward sword is another hot cake
Skyrim will probably be a super hot cake
Surprisingly, also Rage will do well?
Disgaea 4 got multiple mentions?
Saints Row 3rd will be bomba ;_;

1.)Uncharted 3
2.)Arkham City
3.)Saintsrow 3rd
4.)Disgaea 4 (?)
5.)headphone stuff

Oh my god, please remember Saintsrow people, it's really worth it. Don't just go and buy whatever has GTA on the label, try this one instead :-\

Kai

Zelda: Skyward Sword
NBA 2K12
Mario 3D Land
Skyrim
SWTOR

Close call for Kid Icarus, Metal Gear HD Collection

Concept17

1. Saint's Row 3
2. Uncharted 3
3. Skyrim
4. Assassin's Creed Revalations
5. Dead Island

Will also be getting some other later on as well. BF3 will be a buy only because all my friends will be playing it. I'm not super hyped for it though.

I really want Resistance 3 and Space Marine, but will likely wait a bit due to moneys. Also Diablo 3 tops the list should it magically make it out this year.

I could list 5, but I know I'd forget something. I have a hard time keeping track of what's coming out when. Without sidetracking too much, could someone give me a reliable site for game releases? (IGN's ind of sucks.)

Chamber

love on your sleeve
1. Uncharted 3
2. Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
3. Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
4. Batman: Arkham City
5. Gears of War 3

To be honest, I'll probably only end up getting the first two.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess

Clipse

1. Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
2. Sengoku BASARA 3: Utage (Import)
3. Dark Souls
4. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
5. Need for Speed: The Run

Carbonox

1. FIFA 12
2. Assassin's Creed Revelations
3. Batman: Arkham City
4. Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
5. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

fernoca

Guess I'm marrying Absolute Zero... XD

AbsoluteZero said:
Starfox 64 3D
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Kirby: Mass Attack
Mario Kart 7
Super Mario 3D Land

Exact same games, though he listed Kirby on DS (which I'm getting) and I did on Wii. :p

fernoca said:
I'll be buying only 5 games anyway:

1. Kirby (Wii)
2. Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii)
3. Star Fox 64 3D (3DS)
4. Super Mario 3D Land (3DS)
5. Mario Kart 7 (3DS)

Anything else, would be extra. :p

1: Uncharted 3 - The first one was great the second sublime.. and I already enjoyed the beta.
2: Battlefield 3 - Played BF:BC2 for hours on PS3. This one will be for PC.
3: FIFA/PES 12 - Because I gotta play something against friends on the couch.
4: Journey - So I can pretend to be artsy ... no flower was great, so was fl0w.
5: Arkham City - Arkham Asylum blew my socks off. Been a long time since I played something were I thought "That's good game design".

KaYotiX

Banned
Been working my ass off for the last few months :) so my wallet is Ready!!! For the sake of the topic though

Old republic
Skyrim
Nhl12
BF3
Dark Souls

1. Zelda Skyward Sword x2 remote bundles
2. Super Mario 3D Land
3. Mario Kart 7
4. God of War Origins Collection
5. Uncharted 3

Too difficult to choose just 5. Star Fox 64 3D is as good as bought so that's not in the list. Both Wii and DS Kirby games will be purchased as well as the ICO/SotC collection. I will join the Vita party the day WipEout 2048 and/or Uncharted Golden Abyss hit(s) stores. And this is only physical retail. It will also be my first time playing any of the games in either of the HD collections.

1) Uncharted 3
2) Ico / SOTC HD Collection
3) Batman Arkham City
4) Metal Gear Solid Ultimate HD Collection
5) Journey (is it out?)... UMvC3 if we only count boxed products

Shurs

1)Skyrim
2)Ico/SOTC Collection
3)Battlefield 3
4)Arkham City
5)Metal Gear HD Collection

Thank God I'm not limited to just 5 games.

Tuck

Uncharted 3
Zelda
Sonic Generations
Mario 3D Land
Mario Kart 7*

*Replace with Uncharted Vita if Vita comes out this year.

TripOpt55

1. Uncharted 3
2. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
3. Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One
4. Assassin's Creed: Revelations
5. Resistance 3

Those top 3 I'd be good with. Anything else I could probably wait on to be honest. If I had a 3DS already, I'd probably say Mario Kart or Super Mario in 4 or 5 spots maybe. I want to play Resistance 3 and ACR, but am not particularly excited about either right now.

randomkid

Dang, poor Solatorobo is gonna bomb terribly if these lists are any indication. I guess when push comes to shove, even the people who like those sorts of games will prioritize known quantities.

1. Uncharted 3

Love the characters especially

754px-Uc3_Sully.jpg

and in no particular order

ICO SOTC HD
Forza 4
MGS HD
Zelda Skyward Sword

Aeana

randomkid said:
Dang, poor Solatorobo is gonna bomb terribly if these lists are any indication. I guess when push comes to shove, even the people who like those sorts of games will prioritize known quantities.
I already played it!

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
randomkid said:
Naw, Solatorobo will be mine. I'm tired of my friend raving about his Japanese copy to me! :lol It just didn't make the cut because of the constant switching I did. Same goes for P2P:IS and a myriad of other games I'm interested in.

fernoca

randomkid said:
Keep in mind that this is a "if could only buy 5 games-list"; not an "which are the only games you'll be buying".

I'm interested in Solatorobo and many other games; but the 5 ones I listed are the only ones I'll be buying for sure at release.

denomes

Team ICO Collection
Arkham City
Uncharted 3
Skyward Sword

Recent gameplay trailers almost have me convinced on RAGE but I'm probably going to wait on reviews for that.

I'm also looking to get either Hard Reset or Serious Sam 3.

Journey is a must buy too on the downloadable front. What other downloadable games are coming out before the year's end?

Gravijah

You know, I think it might be time to upgrade my GameFly back to two games out at a time this Fall/Winter. Too many games. Too many.

tim.mbp

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
I really wouldn't mind if it's the only game I get for the rest or the year. Looking forward to see how M+ works and what changes they've made to the game's structure.

Fishing Resort
Only $20. Could be an interesting take on the fishing genre.

Professor Layton and the Last Specter
Start of a new Layton trilogy, Luke origin story, plus London Life.

Super Mario 3D Land
Curious how they are going to combine 2D Mario game elements with Galaxy style gameplay.

Mighty Switch Force
WayForward has Aliens as well as Centipede coming out, but I loved the other two Mighty games and this looks like it could be the best one in the series.

Netto-kun

1. Skyward Sword
2. Tales of Xillia
3. Final Fantasy Type-0
4. Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
5. Dragon Quest 25th Anniversary Collection

Top Bottom