• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If You Had a Stopwatch That Could Stop and Start Time, What Would You Do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inspired by that awesome Twilight Zone episode, what would you do? Why?

I would probably use it to explore areas on my own without the risk of getting robbed or having to deal with people. I could walk through Camden NJ without being a victim of crime.

norm9

giphy.gif

Tudor

Perform harmless practical jokes until I got bored and wanted a Ford Mustang......

Seriously though I would use it to turn very quiet areas of town into a private race track, and to have more time on Final exams to focus on writing good extended responses.

Goofalo

Make it appear that I died quickly as opposed to having my friends and family see me slowly deteriorate from disease.

JBuccCP

Pull down Trump's pants during the State of the Union over and over. I'm trying to think of a way to make money that isn't just "steal shit." Maybe I would bet on sports and randomly freeze time and run out onto the field and smack the ball out of the hands of the team I bet against.

Eusis

Would I age when time is frozen? If so, I would use it sparingly as I would age much faster than the world around me.
Ffffffff oh hell I'd still use it how I described. Sleep as much in real time as I can before "aw fuck I'm out of time" and just freezing it to sleep in. You might even live a bit longer that way, somewhat paradoxically, just because you'd make sure you had enough rest.

Didn't take long for depression gaf to get in here. Not surprising seeing as that accounts for like 90% of Gaf, though.

I'd use it to get rich, obviously. I'd need to know if I aged in the frozen time though. I'd probably live my favourite
THE WORLD
moments too.

MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA

PSqueak

Banned
Die an "early" death as the usage of it would make me age faster in the eyes of everyone else.

Also probably not use it unless i get guarantee that there is safety measures to prevent accidentally freezing time eternally.

Voror

It would depend on how some things worked. Like could I cook things or use electronics or are they frozen as well?

A few things would probably getting more sleep when I want as well as being able to get some reading. If I could play games I could get through my backlog a lot quicker too.

If my age didn't freeze though I'd probably use it more sparingly.

Stealing stuff or money is an idea, but I'd rather not break the law if possible.

Do I continue to age while time is stopped?

If not (and I realize this the lamest possible answer) I'd probably use it to study skills and fields that have always interested me, but that I just don't have the time to pursue.

Wow... there's a lot of people here who would steal, kill and do other horrible shit if they were given the power to get away with it. Shit's scary.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Would I be beholden to Clockstoppers rules?

Do I age when I use the device? If not, totally I'd be stealing shit, but mostly from big companies.

I'd definitely stuff my bank account up to. Fuck it.

Speely

Banned
I'd probably wait until a public appearance of a certain governmental figure where certain other figures were in attendance and kill them, then paint the words "The Universe now self-corrects" with their blood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom