• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If You Had a Stopwatch That Could Stop and Start Time, What Would You Do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go to a major event and take a dollar from every pocket. Nobody would miss a single dollar but it would add up fast for me. And yes I am admitting I would steal from people. No I don't care because I'll never have said watch.

Wait. If I stop time while falling, can I reorient my self and physics won't apply to me? Cause then I'll just jump off large buildings for fun.

Probably just use it to avoid interacting with people. Stop time and walk away before they even notice. Maybe I could actually be on time for stuff too.

Basoes

stop time when the president is about to sign a bill and replace the bill with another so he signs it instead

Poppy

could i do that thing where i stop time and punch something a million times and have the momentum stack so it flies into outer space when i resume time?

My first thought is taking my time in the morning before going to work. Laying around and sleeping longer.
My second thought is exploring dangerous areas at night without fear, both in nature and in less savory city streets.
Third, entering movie studios and cool places that I would not normally be allowed in to check out cool stuff.

After I get tired of that, it's time to start pranking the current president.

Platy

Never setup an alarm clock in my life

Pull down Trump's pants during the State of the Union over and over. I'm trying to think of a way to make money that isn't just "steal shit." Maybe I would bet on sports and randomly freeze time and run out onto the field and smack the ball out of the hands of the team I bet against.

You could be the god of freelance jobs by being awesome and delivering stuff in VERY small time.

BibiMaghoo

I mean, after stealing loads of cash and having no where to put it, how could you not become a crime fighting super hero? What else is there apart from seedy shit?

cm osi

play all my videogame backlog

wait, how does it work, can i move things while the time is stopped? do pc and electrical stuff work while time is stopped?

I thought a lot about this once and really a lot questions pop up about how this works, much like do you age the physic of things..

If I strap someone to a car and drive them 1 direction at 50mph. stop and restart time do they maintain the momentum?

There was a lot of talk of putting everyone under the sea because i could and snooping.

PSqueak

Banned
giphy.gif

For some reason, i think of this show from time to time all the time.

Her species' powerset was absolutely broken.

I'm deeply saddened that nobody would fashion a suit and use the stopwatch to fight crime. Because I would.

Time is running out, evildoers.

treat my local gym as a hyperbolic time chamber

It would be hilarious to just show up one day later at work fucking musclebound. "Oh hey guys, had an extra protein bar this morning. What, is something in my teeth?"

I would stop the watch right before I died. Time no longer exists.

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
eat the food as a waiter is putting on the table, then ask them why they brought out an empty plate. it would be hilarious

ha

I'd ask extremely attractive women out. During the processs I would freeze time, examine my options, look at social cues, determine the best choice, let time flow, repeat. I would be unstoppable.

HylianTom

Banned
Aside from the obvious get-rich-quick maneuvers:

Sabotage a TON of political campaigns. Plant nasty bits of evidence in campaign offices. I could be alllllll kinds of creative in that arena.

For Trump specifically? I'd pause time during a town hall debate and make it look as though he's wet his pants.

So I can move, right? And whatever I'm interacting with moves, too? I'm trying to understand the rules, because my initial thought was, "Well, I guess if I press thus button I may stop tone forever."

Maybe do something completely self-serving first, like clear out my backlog.

Oberon

Banned
Depends if I age during the time stop. I would probably get corrupted by power and try to become the emperor of Earth. Or a Hero fighting for good. Or both.
or dumb harmless pranks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom