• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: Exclusive re-reveal of a *Long Forgotten* Game Tomorrow [Up:Wrong Answers In OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

StuBurns

Banned
WrikaWrek said:
Sure man, but really? Game trailer of the year for Dragon Quest? Or StarHawk?

Metroid Dread game trailer of the year? A Wii game?

I just don't see it. But i'm taking the wrong approach here, and i don't have the right to piss on your plate just because you like soup.
Any game could have a great trailer, if you farm it out to Logan or Blur, someone like that. It just needs to be a game with a sizable marketing budget. It could be some shitty Facebook game, it could be anything.

Regardless, the claim that it's 'trailer of the year' at February 15th is fucking stupid.

wwm0nkey said:
Still dont trust MS in the mobile market. My Zune HD purchase has left me a bit disappointed. AMAZING device but shit for support.

Seriously it still has a lot of potential but its still getting shafted.
I feel ya (still have my HD and use it every day), but it was the beta for WP7. Never got an app store, never got an international release or support. I don't feel bunred by the support, because I got Smart DJ and Divx via fw update. Something that's still missing on WP7.

REMEMBER CITADEL said:
Never announced, although Blue Dragon 2 kind of was.
They talked about LO as a "series", but much like BD2, it will never happen. MS doesn't give a shit about JRPGs anymore.

Word comes by way of the Japanese head of Xbox 360, who told regional media giant Nikkei (spotted by All RPG) that "the series" will continue grow as time went on.

wwm0nkey

brotkasten said:
I feel ya (still have my HD and use it every day), but it was the beta for WP7. Never got an app store, never got an international release or support. I don't feel bunred by the support, because I got Smart DJ and Divx via fw update. Something that's still missing on WP7.

They talked about LO as a "series", but much like BD2, it will never happen. MS doesn't give a shit about JRPGs anymore.
Smart DJ and Divx are pretty damn awesome. Still though durring E3 if I get in touch with a MS employee I really just have to ask why the fuck they dropped the ball on the Zune HD support.

Also I would LOVE another LO game. That was the true new FF for me.

It's Kurayami.

28hna05.jpg

Zenith said:
I was going to say that conspiracy game done by the Kinectimals people but that got cancelled.

Just put on hold, but it can't be that.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
REMEMBER CITADEL said:
It's Kurayami.

http://i56.tinypic.com/28hna05.jpg[img][/QUOTE]
Kurayami apparently became [URL="http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=421711"]this[/URL].

mclem

Willy105 said:
But Nintendo isn't big on CG trailers.

Fair point, although wasn't the original Other M unveiling predominantly CGI?

(Minor nitpick: Technically speaking, isn't actual footage from a console 'CGI', by definition?)

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
My guesses were either Project HAMMER or Peter Molyneux's old game "B.C." That disappeared and was supposedly canceled but it could have been picked up again. I guess Starhawk could be it as well, but was that already shown?

Songbird

Prodigal Son
I still think it's an SOE game with a trailer produced by Blur. DCUO's trailers turned heads, so it could be something like that.

Jocchan said:
It's not confirmed officially, but there are pretty striking similarities. I saw some comparisons a while ago (maybe here on GAF?).

Kurayami: http://i.imgur.com/r2Tgn.jpg
SotD: http://i.imgur.com/lhud5.jpg

EDIT: There's also some art with the SotD main character holding a torch: http://i.imgur.com/66XVg.jpg

Bah, what a letdown. Now I expect to be disappointed by Codename D as well.

Foliorum Viridum said:
How long until this is revealed?

Almost 5 hours, I believe.

Platy

mclem said:
Fair point, although wasn't the original Other M unveiling predominantly CGI?

(Minor nitpick: Technically speaking, isn't actual footage from a console 'CGI', by definition?)

If you want to nitpick, it would be VGI (VGGI ?), not CGI =P

wwm0nkey said:
Smart DJ and Divx are pretty damn awesome. Still though durring E3 if I get in touch with a MS employee I really just have to ask why the fuck they dropped the ball on the Zune HD support.
I doubt you'll get a satisfing answer, really. It's like I said and they won't admit that. But ask them where my Audiosurf port for WP7 is! Best game on the HD is missing on WP7, bastards.

wwm0nkey said:
Also I would LOVE another LO game. That was the true new FF for me.
*internet high five*

Smiles and Cries said:
I can't believe GAF still makes a fuss over IGN hype smh
What else should we do here? Discuss games? LOL

It´s got to be 2 days to vegas.

They told me back in 2005 that this was THE game on this "next gen".

I´m still waiting to fulfill the prophecy. (game is probably canned).

Randy

seattle6418 said:
It´s got to be 2 days to vegas.

They told me back in 2005 that this was THE game on this "next gen".

I´m still waiting to fulfill the prophecy. (game is probably canned).

Or The Getaway.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
E-phonk said:
that was never a playable game... just some concept art and the company behind it closed.

They totally built a 3D model of a minecart though. That's gotta count for something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom