• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN - Metriod Prime 3 full demo w/ expert controls

Somnia

Just finished watching the whole thing and I can see what Luke means... Expert definatly helps ,but it still slows down when you reach the edge of the screen and turn. Turning still takes way too long ,but I have faith Retro can speed it up before its release next year.

Polari

Those controls look pretty decent. Make them the default already. Graphics look pretty nice too, definitely a big step above those of Echoes.

In terms of production values, graphics, music, style, etc etc etc...that blew me away. The turning gets on my nerves though. But after watching that entire video...holy shit.

PolyGone

Banned
Gamecube Turbo for the motherf*cking win, bitches

One thing that really stuck out to me was the music, there's a real sense of dread to it. The lighting, the number of enemies on screen in that room with the swarm, and the general atmosphere is just top notch. I can't wait to get my hands on this.

puck1337

Okay, that looks fantastic. The quality of the lighting seems like it might fix one of the series' big weak points to date.

Somnia

So I'm assuming the game begins with you on the ship... you escape and then the rest of the game is down on the planet by yourself and no more Federation. Then again I could be wrong and this could turn into Battlestar Metriod.

effzee

hopefully with the delay they can make this game all that it can be. i have no doubts with zelda since it had a production time similar to TOOT and now with MP3 retro can hopefully take thier time.

Somnia said:
So I'm assuming the game begins with you on the ship... you escape and then the rest of the game is down on the planet by yourself and no more Federation. Then again I could be wrong and this could turn into Battlestar Metriod.

You haven't been reading much on MP3 have you?

Samus will not be the only bounty hunter in the game, go watch all the vids from E3.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Oh. My. ****ing. God.

That is one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen. Best looking Wii game (to me anyway) bar none.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I don't even notice the turning slow down. o_O

Oh, and were those crawling things baby metroids or something?

Polari

PhoenixDark said:

In terms of production values, graphics, music, style, etc etc etc...that blew me away. The turning gets on my nerves though. But after watching that entire video...holy shit.

Retro do have the most amazing production values. If anyone here hasn't played it for a while, load up the first Metroid Prime and play through the opening sequence. It's still jaw-dropping, even today.

Must buy for me... Next year purchasing a Wii will be awesome -> w/ a price drop & launch of Mario Galaxy + Zelda + Metroid + SSB... Will be very hard to resist

Somnia

OG_Original Gamer said:
You haven't been reading much on MP3 have you?

Samus will not be the only bounty hunter in the game, go watch all the vids from E3.

Hm will have to read up a bit more I guess. I never played echoes so I don't know the Prime storyline further than Prime 1 /shrug

Helznicht

OK I got to get me one of these. Does any one know if that pistol grip attachment is real, this seems like it would be perfect for it.

Somnia said:
Just finished watching the whole thing and I can see what Luke means... Expert definatly helps ,but it still slows down when you reach the edge of the screen and turn. Turning still takes way too long ,but I have faith Retro can speed it up before its release next year.

I'm sorry, but Luke is too hardcore for his own good many times. I hope Metroid Prime 3 bitch slaps his face as a result. :p

Anybody else get the feeling that the person playing was genuinely immersed? I can't put my finger on it, but it just seemed extremely immersive, even moreso than the first two games (no doubt due to the controls). I can't wait to play this.

Ark-AMN

Banned
The controls look much better, and I did play it at E3 and was fine with it then too.

Though the guy who was playing the game kind of stank. :D

JoDark

MS Viral Marketing
Impressive.

I shudder to think what this could be on a system that was closer to the 360/PS3.

I also REALLY hope this is more Prime than Echos.

And with this control, bring on the online.

Finally, they need to solve for the edge of screen issue. If they can do that, this looks like the control method of choice.

J2 Cool

What were the flood doing in there? :p

Looked great. Love the look of control the player has. Nintendo may have truly done it again, and advanced the feeling you get playing a game. They did it with Mario 64 being the first true 3D game, with the joystick mailing it home. This video gives me a slight nostalgia of that event, though not as strong. But the alertness and the little interactive things like twisting in a key feels completely fresh. Something we haven't experienced yet. I mean, the gamble of the Wii is that many games can feel like a gimmick, but the reward is definitely there to give the player back control.

Oh, and visually quite impressive. Still unfortunately for fans of Metroid Prime, this is one series that probably would make full use of more system power. But then you gotta take the good with the bad.(or in this case, less good)

Downhome

As I watch that video, I find myself using both hands trying to see what it might be like to play the game using the Wii's controllers. :lol

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
looked awesome.

whoever was playing was really annoying though, "put the fcuking power cell in the fcuking generator you dumbass. stop screwing around!"

Ark-AMN

Banned
Scrow said:
looked awesome.

whoever was playing was really annoying though, "put the fcuking power cell in the fcuking generator you dumbass. stop screwing around!"
Hah, same thing I was thinking, and also when he was shooting at regular walls instead of doors. I also wish he had taken time to look at more things rather than rush, but that part I understand as you do feel rushed at these events when you're playing.

Top Bottom