• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: Xbox Series X Is Great, But It Needs Games ASAP

Tulipanzo

I love people going "I'm playing a ron of games!" and like, no shit, I do that too, it's called "having a library".
However I'm also playing new games, and the best version of multiplatforms.

Frankly, there's little reason for the Series X to exist, and unless Infinite is great (good luck wit that) there won't be much of one for the next two years.

I love people going "I'm playing a ron of games!" and like, no shit, I do that too, it's called "having a library".

Frankly, there's little reason for the Series X to exist, and unless Infinite is great (good luck wit that) there won't be much of one for the next two years.

I'm playing more games than you are chief. And I'm on this "pointless console".

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Because of the double standards. Demon Souls is a remaster and spiderman MM is available on PS4.

Its because they are new releases, not just patched versions of old games.

Why are those countable but Forza H4, GEARS 5, tactics, sea of thieves, and a dozen others that have been upgraded not counted.

For the same reason why not add in all the PS4 games showing huge improvement as a consequence of BC, Like GoT, GoW, DG, UD etc.

Then people talk about back compatibility being pointless but I bet one of the best selling games on the ps5 is cyberpunk.

its not pointless but it simply doesn't match the draw of new, hot titles like Cyberpunk. Which lacks true new-gen versions on both Xbox and PS5.
Especially considering these systems have near complete BC with the last gen, its not really a talking point.

As I said at the start, the only people saying the xbox has no games are the fanboys that have no intention of getting one. Gamepass has a ton of games and many that are rated extremely high. I have so many good quality games I want to play im actually having to plan when I'm going to play them. If the xbox isn't for you, fair enough.

It doesn't have "no games", it just has less games and was beaten into the ground in terms of platform exclusive support for the entirety of the last gen. Playstation over-performed based on historic precedent, but there's no way anyone could argue that Xbox's output was industry leading. It was lackluster, and that's led to a perception problem for them.

4I do kinda feel bad for Sony fanboys who love to console war. They just seem kinda desperate not to take more L's this gen when they should really be just enjoying the games.

More L's? Their marketshare is back to PS2 levels, and they are coming in hot after a generation of dominance. Most importantly despite the hype over series X's teraflop advantage minimal evidence has materialized that its in any way meaningful. What exactly are they supposed to be fearful of? Its not like there's a looming software drought, or that Sony seems unwilling or unable to moneyhat exclusives and marketing deals with major third-parties

Redlancet

Banned
How dare you play and enjoy multiplatform and BC games ! Unacceptable !
maxresdefault.jpg
because if i spend 500 bucks on a new system i expect that,its that simple,no matter how much damage control xbox fans believe they are doing,thats the crude reality,and sales,market and percepction are working that way

silentstorm

As for multiplatforms being better on PS5, i guess the dev kits released by MS had some issues and were different, but wasn't the channel that mostly covers the differences, Digital Foundry, also the one that said that mostly, the differents are so small you need to be really pedantic and even then pay really close attention to notice them most of the time?

The guys even say it's been boring comparing PS5 VS Xbox because unlike other gens, the differences are so small they're pratically the same games unless a developer really fucks up out of laziness.

OrtizTwelve

Now that we're a month into the Xbox Series X run, we've gathered reviewers from three outlets to discuss if the new Microsoft console is living up to the hype. The hardware certainly shows a lot of promise but a lack of first-party support isn't doing Series X any favors.

It has games. A lot of games. X|S optimized titles are practically new games.

It's not like PS5 is loaded with games either... a Spiderman game which is really an expansion, demon souls which is a remake, and what -- sackboy? Astro's playroom?

It's pretty dry for both for a few months. Anything else is just hyperbole or just looking for clicks.

silentstorm

It has games. A lot of games. X|S optimized titles are practically new games.

It's not like PS5 is loaded with games either... a Spiderman game which is really an expansion, demon souls which is a remake, and what -- sackboy? Astro's playroom?
To be fair, all of those were well reviewed and look fun for the most part, i could leave Demon Souls but i am not a fan of the franchise.

Anyways, i am hoping that Xbox Game Studios really steps up the following years, but even as a Xbox owner, the 2021 PS5 lineup looks pretty good, even if Deathloop and Kena are timed exclusives(because companies nowadays love timed exclusives despite being the most bullshit and one of the worst things about gaming industry nowadays as it adds nothing, aren't real exclusives and just actively punishes people for picking one platform, actual exclusives are a great thing and a reason to get systems, timed exclusives should only warrant people going to meet the executives of companies and punching them in the face, it doesn't matter if whoever is paying for those is Epic, Valve, Nintendo, Sony or Microsoft, FUCK TIMED EXCLUSIVES) they still look good, Ratchet looks good and Gran Turismo has a ton of fans.

Some of those are meh, was never much for horror so Returnal i am not sad at all for being exclusive, call me when Nex Machina 2 comes out...shit, just made myself sad remembering that Housemarque will never make arcade style games again.

Whatever, at least i am already seeing more japanese games being willing to come to Xbox, and Game Pass is finally giving Xbox gamers a reason to try more games and branch out, hopefully this leads to more sales and more games, but at least Xbox Game Studios have a ton of talent in them.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
You had some decent points Id agree with, but I stopped reading there.

Seen how xbox players got harassed at one release and how they got mocked for 4 months straight with the secret cerny sauce, I can't just take the rest of your post seriously.

Maybe you just weren't around then, but there's a reason Gaf has the nickname Sonygaf.
Great so people delusionnal about the Cerny Sauce are worse than lies,Fud and plotting that could be found here or on the famous discord?
That show your objectivity....

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Great so people delusionnal about the Cerny Sauce are worse than lies,Fud and plotting that could be found here or on the famous discord?
That show your objectivity....

What on earth are you babbling about?

You talking about whether I'm biased or not, while you're saying xbox players are mocking PlayStation players a lot more than vice versa?

Are you even aware on what thread you are in?
What xbox players made fun of:
Cerny was lying about the ssd.
What PlayStation players made fun of:
-How xbox keeps being behind PlayStation hardware wise.
-That Forza, gears, crackdown, Halo etc aren't counted as exclusives. Therefore having no games.
- that xbox players are so mentally ill they don't buy a PlayStation instead of an Xbox
- that their games comes on pc even though PlayStation games also tend to arrive there.
- that every studio Microsoft buys becomes instantly shit.

That's what I could think of now, but there's probably a lot I forgot about.

Last edited:

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Sony Bros keep claiming Series X/S has NO 1st party launch games so I'm curious why SM: Miles Morales counts but Gears Tactics doesn't.

Like SMMM it IS playable on last gen consoles, but it's also a full new console game not a DLC/Expansion of a last gen game and it's at a very respectable 82 Metacritic on the Series X. Great game btw I'm playing it now and it's a lot of fun.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Sony is the only who could get bad reviews deleted on metacritic.

Also, winning everything at the game awards show shows Sony shills out the industry. They aren't even trying to hide it anymore.

No offense, but this sounds like a rant from a 12-year old boy. At least make your argument with some credibility.

More importantly, stay on topic instead of changing goal posts in every new comment.

Sony Bros keep claiming Series X/S has NO 1st party launch games so I'm curious why SM: Miles Morales counts but Gears Tactics doesn't.

Like SMMM it IS playable on last gen consoles, but it's also a full new console game not a DLC/Expansion of a last gen game and it's at a very respectable 82 Metacritic on the Series X. Great game btw I'm playing it now and it's a lot of fun.
I have yet to understand this. But Ryan McCaffery didn't mention it either and he is hosting an Xbox podcast. Maybe MS should have promoted it more because it is certainly FALSE that XSX/S had no 1st party launch titles.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
What on earth are you babbling about?

You talking about whether I'm biased or not, while you're saying xbox players are mocking PlayStation players a lot more than vice versa?

Are you even aware on what thread you are in?
What xbox players made fun of:
Cerny was lying about the ssd.
What PlayStation players made fun of:
-How xbox keeps being behind PlayStation hardware wise.
-That Forza, gears, crackdown, Halo etc aren't counted as exclusives. Therefore having no games.
- that xbox players are so mentally ill they don't buy a PlayStation instead of an Xbox
- that their games comes on pc even though PlayStation games also tend to arrive there.
- that every studio Microsoft buys becomes instantly shit.

That's what I could think of now, but there's probably a lot I forgot about.
You seem to have a very short term memory it seems.....Xbox fanboys only mocking the ssd....Sure sircaw sircaw do you still have that incomplete Fud list?

anothertech

It's fun to watch the mental gymnastics of video game fans trying to convince themselves their rivals don't have somthing that they actually do.

Can't be easy to be on the receiving end of Craig, no launch exclusives, and news of 3rd party games running better on ps5 over and over. Especially when the internet promised you the opposite would happen.

Denying souls and Spiderman are next gen is just going to drive you further into the abyss of insanity guys. Especially since games releasing on ps5 will continue to look and perform better for years.

Xbox will have it's day. Those games are coming. One day.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Been really enjoying Forza Horizon 4 and Yakuza on my Xbox. I never got around to playing Forza Horizon 4 when it came out but it really blows every other racing game I've ever played out of the water.

To me the reality is that there are simply too many great games to play anyway so even getting stuck with last gen games hasn't been an issue for me. It takes a good solid week to really get through any major meaty game and if you look at how many games come out every year then I don't know how anyone keeps up. Even more so if you're like me and have a Series X, PS5, gaming PC, and Switch.

If we're having this same conversation next Christmas then I think that will be a much bigger problem for Microsoft.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Ask a xbox fanboy instead of me. I'm just a gamer calling out your shit.
And my shit as you call it was to say that gaf isn't sonygaf nor a sony safeplace and that Xbox fanboys were more active in the FUD war ?
Wow please put me in jail.And for the people reading this thread remember that the hardcore Xbox fanboys only mocked the SSD of that 9Tf Rdna 1 overheating incapable of 4K of a console called the ps5.
And by th way great response when you said I made good points and manage to answer none of them because you stopped reading?
So yeah call me on my bullshit.
Especially with the amazing points you make like ps fanboys insulting Xbox fanboys when the hardcore xbox fanboys only joked lightly and happily about SSD.
Like there was no death threats to J.schreier no insult Xbox hardcore fanboys are so polite in comparison because you said so.
Go to the Xbox power king thread you will see that it is not only the SSD that is being mocked.
But I guess being attached to one console prevent you from seeing the bad it can do.
Which is something I admitted both side to do unlike you.
Be realistic, stop getting on your high horse for that biased vision you have and stop smelling your own farts.

Redlancet

Banned
It's fun to watch the mental gymnastics of video game fans trying to convince themselves their rivals don't have somthing that they actually do.

Can't be easy to be on the receiving end of Craig, no launch exclusives, and news of 3rd party games running better on ps5 over and over. Especially when the internet promised you the opposite would happen.

Denying souls and Spiderman are next gen is just going to drive you further into the abyss of insanity guys. Especially since games releasing on ps5 will continue to look and perform better for years.

Xbox will have it's day. Those games are coming. One day.
Nah, they are so funny its worth yo see them trying to move goalpost after goalpost,

Redlancet

Banned
Because of the double standards. Demon Souls is a remaster and spiderman MM is available on PS4.

Why are those countable but Forza H4, GEARS 5, tactics, sea of thieves, and a dozen others that have been upgraded not counted.

Then people talk about back compatibility being pointless but I bet one of the best selling games on the ps5 is cyberpunk.

As I said at the start, the only people saying the xbox has no games are the fanboys that have no intention of getting one. Gamepass has a ton of games and many that are rated extremely high. I have so many good quality games I want to play im actually having to plan when I'm going to play them. If the xbox isn't for you, fair enough.

I do kinda feel bad for Sony fanboys who love to console war. They just seem kinda desperate not to take more L's this gen when they should really be just enjoying the games.
this post need to be right to the word delusional on the diccionary

The_Mike

But I guess being attached to one console prevent you from seeing the bad it can do.

If you could see past your reading comprehension then you'd see I'm not an Xbox player.
Which is something I admitted both side to do unlike you.
Be realistic, stop getting on your high horse for that biased vision you have and stop smelling your own farts.

I agree 100 percent with that. But with a ratio 4 to 1 will see more extreme fanboys since there's more users.

Saying I'm biased, were agreeing with someone on last page that both sides are toxic, with PlayStation ratio 4 to 1 you'll se more on that side.

Talk about being biased lol. Get outta here.

Last edited:

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
If you could see past your reading comprehension then you'd see I'm not an Xbox player.

Saying I'm biased, we're agreeing with someone on last page that both sides are toxic, with PlayStation ratio 4 to 1 you'll se more on that side.

Talk about being biased lol. Get outta here.
Great you're not biased, just incapable of seeing all the shit that Xbox fanboys did, so instead of being biased you are just stupid.
Was it worth it ?
Because you still answer none of my points beside "I ain't no fanboys", nothing about the death threats, insults, plotting, spreading Fud, and I guess you will find Ps fans more toxic than Timdog, MisterXmedia,Colt,Dealer etc...
Because you said so ?Great point.Keep the constructive arguments.

The_Mike

Great you're not biased, just incapable of seeing all the shit that Xbox fanboys did, so instead of being biased you are just stupid.
Was it worth it ?
Because you still answer none of my points beside "I ain't no fanboys", nothing about the death threats, insults, plotting, spreading Fud, and I guess you will find Ps fans more toxic than Timdog, MisterXmedia,Colt,Dealer etc...
Because you said so ?Great point.Keep the constructive arguments.

Wow, having to insult people. The first obvious sign of not being certain in one's case.

I havent heard about death treats, but while that is really shitty, I doubt they were more massive than PlayStations own fanbase versus Druckmann.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Wow, having to insult people. The first obvious sign of not being certain in one's case.

I havent heard about death treats, but while that is really shitty, I doubt they were more massive than PlayStations own fanbase versus Druckmann.
I will just tell you that I simply resort to the exact same methods you used ...."If you could see past your reading comprehension"....
Once again quick to see the problem in others when you are the worst offender.
Ps fans VS Druckmann ?Do you need to move the goalpost even more?
Hey remember when sony fans were angry at ken kutaragi?
Or at playstation when they got hacked?
Is that worse than timdog harassing kids buy playstation console in store ?And even being proud of it ?

Guess I'm playing pointless games on a console that shouldn't exist. Maybe we should only have one console manufacturer . All hail Sony /s

Why do so many sonygaffers spend more time slating the xbox then they do praising the PlayStation games they are playing. They seem so triggered by the xbox existing.

Last edited:

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
I know xbox needs some good games still, but I'm not so sure the notion that gamepass isn't a killer feature on its own. We simply don't know.
Even if ms sells significantly less units they may end up with more overall profit, which could make it extremely hard to decide who is this generations "winner".

Guess I'm playing pointless games on a console that shouldn't exist. Maybe we should only have one console manufacturer . All hail Sony /s

Why do so many sonygaffers spend more time slating the xbox then they do praising the PlayStation games they are playing. They seem so triggered by the xbox existing.
Concern Concern said it best "I don't love my favorite console, I just hate yours." It has to be fear. If you consider the Xbox like Stadia you'd just ignore it and enjoy all the wonderful PS games right? Xbox has no games but it is never too far from Sony fans lips. Must be fans in hiding...

Orta

Banned
No offense, but this sounds like a rant from a 12-year old boy. At least make your argument with some credibility.

More importantly, stay on topic instead of changing goal posts in every new comment.

That wasn't me, you messed up your quote/c&p

sircaw

Banned
You seem to have a very short term memory it seems.....Xbox fanboys only mocking the ssd....Sure sircaw sircaw do you still have that incomplete Fud list?
it can be found here

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
it can be found here

Great thank you, so as we can all see, it is just the ssd....

MarkMe2525

I might be a minority with this opinion, but Ass creed and Cyberpunk has been doing a good job of keeping me entertained. The only benefit of some more games coming would be that they would be closer to sale prices by the time I got to them.

cudiye

If you like the series x/s with gamepass and are enjoying the same old games on the same old ui using the same old controller then more power to you and im glad that you find enjoyment in that.

But the problem lies in when yall compare ps5 launch exclusives to xbox’s lack of exclusives. Lol.

Some of yall really out here justifying purchasing a console with no exclusive games stating that gamepass is the second coming of christ and the main system seller for their series x/s. When in reality you didn’t even need to spend $500 for a console to use gamepass lol.

giphy.gif

Top Bottom