• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'm 40 Today...Ask Me Anything.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
As someone who already 40 have ya started to notice people are just young and you're not actually any different from when you was in your 20's.

It's been my experience a person rarely changes past about 22, 23. They're just forced to alter their behavior to deal with new responsibilities, or to maintain appearances.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Do you feel closer to being young or old? Do you feel satisfied with the life you've had so far? Do you feel like you are where you should be in life by this point? What is your biggest regret?

pauljeremiah

Gold Member
Do you feel closer to being young or old? Do you feel satisfied with the life you've had so far? Do you feel like you are where you should be in life by this point? What is your biggest regret?
Closer to young.

I’m happy with life so far.

I think so yes.

My biggest regret is going to university in the US. I really should have gone to Cambridge. But when you’re 18 and you get the opportunity to live in NYC etc etc you jump at the change and I never really weighed up the choice that was before me. Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy with how things worked out, but looking back, if I was 18 again I would have picked Cambridge.

Rickyiez

Some of these comments are a little too pessimistic in my opinion lol. Assuming you've taken care of your health by not smoking or doing hard drugs and living a relatively normal life, does 40 really have to sound so bad?
Exactly. Lebron is still faster and stronger than 99% of the league being 39

That said I'm going to hit 36 soon and my goal is to keep this body fit as long as possible

Hey wait , I have my question. How is your hairline OP

Last edited:

pauljeremiah

Gold Member
Exactly. Lebron is still faster and stronger than 99% of the league being 39

That said I'm going to hit 36 soon and my goal is to keep this body fit as long as possible

Hey wait , I have my question. How is your hairline OP
Hairline is good…for now

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
It's been my experience a person rarely changes past about 22, 23. They're just forced to alter their behavior to deal with new responsibilities, or to maintain appearances.
I was told I'm not like a 40 year old.
Most think I'm in my 30's, the youngest I've be been mistaken for is in my late 20's.
But like I said to them.
"how does a 40 year old supposed to act?
I can only be myself, or am I supposed to reach that age and be someone else?"
Just because you have more responsibilities doesn't mean you have to destroy who you are to take them on.
I have changed in my own right, experiences and events in my life has done that.
but it's an older version of me.
I stood out a someone fun to be around when I was in my 20's with the lads and girls back then and that's hasn't changed with the younger generation now I'm older.
Age is just a number, and nothing changes unless you make that change and become old and tired yourself.

I'm 23. Can you give me any solid life advice?

I am 39 so maybe I don't qualify BUT if I do indeed qualify here is what I would tell myself

Chill the fuck out
Listen to nobody, only your heart
Chill the fuck out
Go out more
Have sex with as many different people as you can
And... really, just chill out and enjoy the ride.

Bonus: don't listen to gloommaxxers and doomers. Life gets better and better.

pauljeremiah

Gold Member
I'm 5-years off but I'd have to ask if you're going to bump that 'what books have you read...' thread again?

Always enjoy reading your posts.
Here's a short list of what I've read in the last few weeks.
  • Little Man, What Now? - Hans Fallada
  • The Great Gatsby - F. Scott Fitzgerald
  • Goodbye To All That - Robert Graves
  • The Go-Between - L. P. Hartley
  • The Outsiders - S. E. Hilton
  • Fever Pitch - Nick Hornby
  • Dubliners - James Joyce

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
1982!
Still not married, no kids. I can do whatever I want. This is probably bad in the long term.

arnold schwarzenegger predator GIF

I agree with the latter part

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
40 doesn’t seem old to be to be quite honest, Tom Brady one of the stars we pay attention too has been 40 for many years now and comes in and scores touchdowns.
This one here Michael at age 40
Fake out michael jordan GIF by NBA

Top Bottom