• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Important new Pokemon announcement coming on Jan 8 [Up: Hyped By NA Twitter]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
You know why Red is the only playable character in PWT? Because he's the only player character with a canon loss!

Oh man. Just saw the tweet from the NA Pokemon people. My hype levels are now through the roof. Bring on whatever new game they have to offer.

Coolwhip

Banned
Kind of curious if all the cameos in PWT are canon or not.

Because it'd be funny if they were and their absence sets up a "return to..." story.

It's a handheld series first and foremost, why would that change?

It could be both. But Nintendo would be smart to bring the Pokemon craze to Wii U.

Berordn

It could be both. But Nintendo would be smart to bring the Pokemon craze to Wii U.

They tried for years with the Stadiums, Colosseum, PBR and XD. The last one was a full-fledged RPG too, it just never took off. Handhelds are a more capable market for social and beginner-friendly RPGs, especially with the WiiU in its infancy.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I'd still consider it a big announcement if it was not a mainline Pokemon game for the 3DS, but Pokemon Snap/MMO/Monster Hunter clone/TCG for 3DS or WiiU.

Boss Doggie

135737667505386dk4.png

I really hope no one is going to troll.

Sadist

Wouldn't that rather make the game really easy if you can switch on the get-go? Maybe instead of just changing like that, have an item to trade with it? Essentially a move relearner but portable and requires an item (i.e. heart scale)?
I always imagined keeping the moves the Pokémon learns by default. And putting a limit for learning moves through TM/HM's. Around five moves or so.

Boss Doggie

Also it can't be the US release of Magnagate, since it coincides with JP announcement (which already have the game).

I always imagined keeping the moves the Pokémon learns by default. And putting a limit for learning moves through TM/HM's. Around five moves or so.

dat imbalance

4 moves is pretty much fine. Relearning on the go probably makes the main game easier.

Also nay on TM being limited again.

I really hope its a new generation and not a remake of R/S/E...

My dreams of a full, cel-shaded, Pokemon game with Dragon Quest VIII esque visuals remain intact for now.

Boss Doggie

I just realized that the only other time they announced simultaneous "news" is the announcement of Zekrom and Reshiram.

ORIGINAL DRAGON CONFIRMED - BW3 WHOOSH!

Didn't they already announce this for the west?
Yep. Gates To Infinity releases March 24th in the West.

Thanks to the state of the franchise in both Japan and the West, any announcement that's going to be new to both territories is almost certainly going to be new software of some description.
I just realized that the only other time they announced simultaneous "news" is the announcement of Zekrom and Reshiram.

ORIGINAL DRAGON CONFIRMED - BW3 WHOOSH!
It wasn't simultaneous, thanks to the fact it was revealed on Smash, but the BW2 press release with Black and White Kyurem was worldwide too.

Mrbob

Wouldn't Nintendo want to take the Skylanders approach for Pokemon on Wii U?

Seems like easy money.

I'm expecting 3DS Pokemanz though.

Tenki

The only thing that could be as good as Gen VI or RSE remakes is Pokémon TCG 3. I'd pay a lot for a new TGC. Wii U or 3DS, I don't care ;_;

GAF would rage hard if this is just BW3 for DS lol.
Game Freak would be massively taking the piss.

I find it hard to imagine Nimtendo would let that happen. They already seemed leery enough about BW2, which is why we got sequels instead of a Grey version.

Oersted

Wouldn't Nintendo want to take the Skylanders approach for Pokemon on Wii U?

Seems like easy money.

I'm expecting 3DS Pokemanz though.

Not unlikely, based on Miyamotos comments. Might be some "real cards, NFC, virtual cards" stuff.

Qurupeke

Game Freak would be massively taking the piss.

I find it hard to imagine Nimtendo would let that happen. They already seemed leery enough about BW2, which is why we got sequels instead of a Grey version.

And they just can't. They have the dev kits for a long time now.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
I doubt it BW3. I mean, didn't they state that the Pokemon world will evolve this year? Another sequel to a DS game doesn't seem all that progressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom