• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Important new Pokemon announcement coming on Jan 8 [Up: Hyped By NA Twitter]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acrylic7

..... The Nintendo Wii-U, DS/3DS player will be announced.
Now you can use the TV as the top screen and your tablet as the bottom, thus increasing your PocketMonster experience tenfold.

now go change your pant you hype induced lunatics.

iirc, they appeared on the equivalent show last year to judge a tournament between the hosts. Yep, seems it was so - checked it with Serebii on his forums.

The PM:

The revelation of Morimoto and Masuda being on the Jan. 6 episode of Pokémon Smash was revealed at the end of the last episode on December 22nd. In it, it confirmed that they are on to judge the 5th annual Pokémon Smash host tournament. They were both on it last year for it and the tournament took the entire show. This year, there are more hosts for Smash meaning it will take even more of the show so it is incredibly unlikely anything will be revealed on Smash

Aeana

..... The Nintendo Wii-U, DS/3DS player will be announced.
Now you can use the TV as the top screen and your tablet as the bottom, thus increasing your PocketMonster experience tenfold.

now go change your pant you hype induced lunatics.
You know, that would be really cool. If you have a 3D TV, they could output the 3D top screen stuff on there and it would be a pretty good equivalent.

Beastly in Japan, but not worldwide. The 3DS needs the Pokemon boost elsewhere.

does not take away from what I said, a balance would be good have some exclusives in one of the versions that is not on the other this would be no different than the way they have been doing this with 2SKUs Red/Blue Black/White 3DS/WiiU

Hey U, Pikachu!
SYSTEM SELLER!

All I want is a Pokémon where the world and all the cahracters and Pokémon are rendered in glorious Polygons. Also no grid based movement anymore.
That'd be awesome.

THIS would KILL ME since the Wii U eShop allows you to search the 3DS eShop

and Miiverse and NNIDs are coming to 3DS soon if they allow the Wii U to run 3DS/DS games they can really merge the markets

Suairyu

Banned
I haven't bought a pokemon game since the original, so I guess it's time.
Black and White was the time, really. It was essentially a 'soft' reboot of the series.

You know, that would be really cool. If you have a 3D TV, they could output the 3D top screen stuff on there and it would be a pretty good equivalent.
I don't want to even think about how that would look upscaled... at least the the GBA Player on Gamecube you were likely using a CRT which doesn't have a native resolution.

NeonZ

If they stick with a visual style close to the DS games for some stupid reason, this will be by far the worst selling Pokemon games.

Beastly in Japan, but not worldwide. The 3DS needs the Pokemon boost elsewhere.

They could just release a full 3d remake of Red & Green/Blue or Ruby & Saphire for home consoles, while the 3ds gets the actual new gen game. Announcing and releasing both at once like they did with the last NSMB would be a stupid mistake though.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
Pokemon Black and White 3: Lightning Arrives

For DS

Seriously hope it's gen 6 or Sapphire remake.

a NEW game please..
pokemon white/black two was for me a letdown...
we have recycled pokemon already, having recycled locations was really an overkill :)

YAWN

Pokedex for Facebook.

image.php

cvxfreak

I predict Gen VI in November of this year, going back to the GS/RS release schedule and to give MH4 a summer/fall sales period all to itself.

Could this finally be the 3DS Pokemon announcement?

We all know a Pokemon game on 3DS has to be expected before long and I think the time is ripe now, what with MH4/DQVII and Tomodatchi collection later on (iirc) there would be space for a Pokemon main installment.

On the other hand it could be something Wii U related - 3DS/WiiU perhaps - since atm it needs some big release to boost hardware sales, but I don't think it would make commercial sense, so I can't see it hapening.

Kokonoe

Banned
Not sure, but Pokemon has had a yearly release for the past few years so it's safe to assume it's coming out this year. Black and White 2 was essentially Gray+, thus making the cycle still on track.

If it is a Wii U game it will be the Pokemon Stadium equivalent - there has not been one for Gen 5 at all.

Not sure, but Pokemon has had a yearly release for the past few years so it's safe to assume it's coming out this year.

They take a year off from mainline games the year after the gen starts (there was no Game Freak Pokemon game in 2011, for example).

how close to launch do they announce a new Pokemon entry? 6 Months? A Year?

Black and white 2 was announced in February last year and was released in Fall, so I would tend to think Nintendo's policy of announcing new games just before their releases is their new standard and is not going to change in the foreseeable future.

YAWN

If it is Gen 6, I wonder what colours/minerals they'll use for the titles.

Nibel

Mainline 3DS title with completely revamped visuals and bunch of StreetPass/online stuff

The world is not ready

CassSept

If they announce something now, by the time the games release (September 2013) it would be three years between Gen V and Gen VI. Makes sense.

Kokonoe

Banned
Also, bring back secret bases from Ruby and make it so you can battle your friends team via CPU if they are on your friendlist, also the other secret base features.

I really didn't expect a new mainline Pokemon game to release until 2014, but if they manage to get it out this year, that'll be pretty big. Assuming that's what this is, of course.

Given MH4 delay, and the usual September window for main Pokémon games, now I'm doubtful it'll be a new generation. Maybe they start with R/S/E remake?

I'll believe it when I see it. Seems a bit too soon for the moment.

May simply be a new Pokemon (Togepi, Munchlax, Wailmer, Zoroark etc) where the games are announced later. Zoroark, for example, was announced in February but the games weren't detailed until April, iirc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom