• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In light of recent announcements, list your top 10 Rev Virtual Console downloads.

Dragmire

6. Final Fantasy 1
5. Final Fantasy 2
4. Final Fantasy 3
3. Final Fantasy 4
2. Final Fantasy 5
Bible Adventures

Note: I don't actually like Final Fantasy

starship

psycho_snake's and The Black Brad Pitt's B*TCH
NES

Punch Out
Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros. 3
Metroid
The Legend of Zelda
Kid Icarus
Duck Hunt
Double Dragon II
Contra
Adventure Island

Genesis

Streets of Rage
Streets of Rage III
Golden Axe II
Comix Zone
Sonic The Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles
Tiny Toons
Michael Jackson's Moonwalker
Shinobi III
Altered Beast
Alien Soldier
Contra Hard Corps

SNES

Super Metroid
International Super Star Soccer Deluxe
Super Punch Out
Super Mario World
Yoshi's Island
Super Mario RPG
Super Mario Kart
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to The Past
Chrono Trigger
Secret of Mana
Final Fantasy III (VI)
Earthbound
Ogre Battle
Star Fox
Donkey Kong Country
Donkey Kong Country 3
Final Fight
Street Fighter 2 Turbo

N64

Super Mario 64
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Conker's Bad Fur Day
Blast Corps
Diddy Kong Racing
Goldeneye
Perfect Dark
Wave Race
Pilotwings 64
Starfox 64
Turok
1080 Snowboarding
Sin & Punishment
Paper Mario
Banjo Kazooie

TG 16

Bonk's Adventure
Castlevania: Rhondo of Blood

kof94intro.jpeg

Please Nintendo! Please make the deal!!!!

Was this posted? I know it's from you-know-who, but it seems to be pretty reliable information.

Matt-IGN said:
Well, here's something interesting from the Game Developers Conference 2006. Met with some Rare / Microsoft people who confirmed once and for all that Revolution's Virtual Console will not see any Rare-owned licenses. What does that mean? No-gos include Jet Force Gemini, Perfect Dark, Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo-Tooie, and Conker's Bad Fur Day. Not happening on Revolution. Neither are gamers likely to see Goldeneye 007, unless both Rare and new license holder EA commit it to Nintendo's platform.

From here

As expected.

lancubap

Zerodoppler said:
Well, here's something interesting from the Game Developers Conference 2006. Met with some Rare / Microsoft people who confirmed once and for all that Revolution's Virtual Console will not see any Rare-owned licenses. What does that mean? No-gos include Jet Force Gemini, Perfect Dark, Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo-Tooie, and Conker's Bad Fur Day. Not happening on Revolution. Neither are gamers likely to see Goldeneye 007, unless both Rare and new license holder EA commit it to Nintendo's platform.

ARGH !!!!!! Go to the Hell Rare !!!

jarrod

Banned
Rare has no say in what happens to Goldeneye, the game was made under Nintendo's license which means all rights to game code reverted to Nintendo in the split. Nintendo just has to work out a deal with EA, which I can't see being much trouble...

Shiggy

jarrod said:
Rare has no say in what happens to Goldeneye, the game was made under Nintendo's license which means all rights to game code reverted to Nintendo in the split. Nintendo just has to work out a deal with EA, which I can't see being much trouble...

Correct, I think it's the same case with KEN GRIFFEY JR?S WINNING RUN.

jarrod

Banned
Shiggy said:
Correct, I think it's the same case with KEN GRIFFEY JR?S WINNING RUN.
Yep. Also Mickey's Speedway USA and Racing Adventure. Any title Rare made under license from Nintendo (meaning both Nintendo properties and licenses secured by Nintendo) reverted back to Nintendo while any original properties Rare held on to. Goldeneye pretty clearly isn't the latter, Rare has no say in what's done with it's code.

jarrod

Banned
Shiggy said:
So would Rare be allowed to release games they published themselves on Xbox Live Arcade like PD or Jet Force Gemini? [http://rare.net/games/timeline/timeline_content.html].

And does Nintendo own the game code of Banjo-Kazooie and Tooie, because they published them?
No, Banjo was an original IP so Rare kept it. I don't see why Rare couldn't put their own classic titles on XBLA though, they own them.

For console stuff, here's how the split went...

Microsoft
-Killer Instict series (3 games)
-Blast Corps
-Banjo-Kazooie series (2 games)
-Jet Force Gemini
-Perfect Dark
-Conker's Bad Fur Day

Nintendo
-Donkey Kong Country series (3 games)
-Ken Griffey Jr.'s Winning Run
-Diddy Kong Racing
-Goldeneye 007
-Donkey Kong 64
-Mickey's Speedway USA
-Star Fox Adventures

I am all over Dracula X and Terranigma and any other game that I can't find readily available or affordably

most the other SNES, NES, PCEngine, N64, or Genesis stuff I would want to play I allready own so bring on the never released in the states and the ultra hard to find rare uber expensive games to VC for cheap and I will be a happy gamer

Newzboyz99

Losers! My wife has me on lock!
Only Rare games that I would be interested in are Goldeneye (which N could work out a deal with EA for, and if EA has any brain at all will push this) and Blast Corps. Other than that I'll just play Mario 64 if I want to play a good platformer.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
jarrod said:

Exactly. Don't know why the hell Matt even bothered to mention GE007.

jarrod

Banned
malek4980 said:
N64 8 to 32 MB
SNES .5 to 4 MB
NES Few 100 KB?

Mama Smurf said:
A couple of N64 games were 64MB (RE2 and Conker I think, not that we need to worry about Conker. Maybe a Pokemon Stadium) and some were 48...ermm...Ogre Battle...Paper Mario...probably it.
Ogre Battle 64 was 40MB and paper Mario was only 32MB. Pokemon Stadium GS was indeed 64MB I think though, but there were only 4 N64 games above 32MB. Most N64 titles were actually only 16MB.

Also, there were a few SNES/SFC games above 4MB, notably Tales of Phantasia and Star Ocean (both being 6MB).

-Star Ocean (SNES)
-Sonic 2 (Genesis)
-Earthbound (SNES)
-Chrono Trigger (SNES)
-Seiken Densetsu 3 (SNES)
-Final Fantasy VI (SNES)
-Kirby Superstar (SNES)
-Super Metroid (SNES)
-Secret of Mana (SNES)
-Dracula X (PC-Engine)

Classic list indeed. Hopefully, these games will be available as soon as possible.

It's old indeed. I just bumped this thread from the grave. I though that some people who missed this thread might be interested. But I essentially wanted to give my opinion :p .

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
I'll bite.

1. Crystalis (NES)
2. DragonQuest I, II, & III (NES)
3. Super Mario 2, 3, World (NES/SNES)
4. Tetris Attack (SNES)
5. New titles out of Nintendo. Yeah I said it. Wario minigames ftw.

1. Super Mario Bros. 3
2. Punch Out
3. Super Mario World
4. Yoshi's Island
5. Super Mario 64
6. Sin and Punishment
7. Earthbound
8. Golden Axe
9. Adventure Island 3
10. Mario Kart 64

my list wins

cvxfreak

1. Resident Evil 2 (N64)
2. Super Mario RPG (SNES)
3. Super Mario World (SNES)
4. Star Fox 64 (N64)
5. Sonic the Hedgehog (GEN)
6. Super Mario Kart (SNES)
7. Final Fantasy IV (SNES)
8. Super Mario All-Stars (SNES)
9. Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (GEN)
10. Sonic the Hedgehog 3 (GEN)

Emotions

Zerodoppler said:
Was this posted? I know it's from you-know-who, but it seems to be pretty reliable information.

From here

As expected.

Shame we won't see Banjo-Kazooie , Perfect Dark, Battletoads and Jet Force Gemini on VC ..... Nintendo should have stayed with those IP's at least they would have given them more justice than Rare specially Banjo Kazooie, Jet Force Gemini & Battletoads.
Rare sucks!!!

Jiggy

Stormbringer said:
-Star Ocean (SNES)
-Sonic 2 (Genesis)
-Earthbound (SNES)
-Chrono Trigger (SNES)
-Seiken Densetsu 3 (SNES)
-Final Fantasy VI (SNES)
-Kirby Superstar (SNES)
-Super Metroid (SNES)
-Secret of Mana (SNES)
-Dracula X (PC-Engine)

Classic list indeed. Hopefully, these games will be available as soon as possible.
Even if you bumped an insanely old thread, that's one of the best lists that could be conceived, so I applaud your taste.

Is it true that N64 won't have improved framerates? If that's the case I won't be buying any N64 games as they are borderline unplayable now.

River city ransom
Star tropics
Actraiser
Super Dodge ball
Chrono Trigger
FF 6
Secret of evermore
ToeJam and Earl
Shining force 2
WWf monday Night Raw

Auron

1. Dragon Quest VI (SNES)
2. Dragon Quest V (SNES)
3. Dragon Quest I & II (SNES)
4. Dragon Quest III (SNES)
5. Final Fantasy V (SNES)
6. Seiken Densetsu III (SNES)
7. Panel de Pon (not the Yoshi version - SNES)
8. Star Ocean (SNES)
9. Bahamut Lagoon (SNES)
10. Fire Emblems (SNES)

These all need official English translations from the Super Famicom versions. I know Final Fantasy V is also on the Playstation, but that version has loading and slowdown issues.

Polari

Aside from all the Splatterhouse games I guess I want Chrono Trigger, Paper Mario, Super Mario RPG, Secret of Mana, Golden Axe 2, Bubble Bobble, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Super Mario 64 and Earthbound.

Auron

Tyrone Slothrop said:
any more word about dracula X seeing the light of day on this thing?

:(

The Wii is the opportunity to bring some of those "Japan Only" titles to the rest of the world. Make your voice known.

Javaman

Auron said:
The Wii is the opportunity to bring some of those "Japan Only" titles to the rest of the world. Make your voice known.

I hate to be a pessimist, but it may be hard to convince the right people that translations are worth the financial risk. That said, they better do it anyway. rawr!

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
So would Rare be allowed to release games they published themselves on Xbox Live Arcade like PD or Jet Force Gemini?

Funny thing about those supposed RARE published games is that they were still distributed by Nintendo of America (and fully published by NCL in Japan) as well as copyrighted with Nintendo in it as well. So what was the point really? Probably an attempt at a marketing brand.

jarrod said:
Ogre Battle 64 was 40MB and paper Mario was only 32MB. Pokemon Stadium GS was indeed 64MB I think though, but there were only 4 N64 games above 32MB. Most N64 titles were actually only 16MB.

Also, there were a few SNES/SFC games above 4MB, notably Tales of Phantasia and Star Ocean (both being 6MB).

they need a larger usb hdd. that would make it just perfect.

Top Bottom