• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In other Delta flight news: Dog bites man (on the face)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The second the dog turned out to have any pitbull in them its a futile argument because people just assume that the pitbull gene brings with it vicious anger and murdering attitude. There are people like this. It happens. I'm just glad for the most part I live in Texas which seems to overall be fairly pitbull friendly with people, though still a pain to find apartments in. What the guy did is deplorable because clearly based on the results his dog wasn't properly trained to be on tight spaces with people.

They abused the system but hopefully now luckily planes will start doing something of this clearly abused system

Chumly

This has been long abused. There's no requirements or certifications for support animals. If you need a support animal then the animal needs be certified that it's trained for situations like this.

Dynomutt

That dog would have gotten a two piece doggy treat. Me hitting the dog and the dog hitting the floor. You gonna bite me we you better be prepared to fight me.

Gibbles17

So because someone somewhere has abused it, let's just eradicate it completely... Sounds exactly like people that believe welfare recipients are just moochers and use food stamps on nothing but avocado toast.

Granted those examples are different because it certainly seems like the abuse is more common with this than with welfare. Regardless, why throw the idea out altogether when maybe the government can implement a system for this and have doctors screen cases better.

The casual mental health dismissal is really bad in this thread.

Huh, quite the stretch there. What if instead of jumping to label me as dismissive, you consider that some people might just be iffy sitting themselves and their kids next to someone's dog that has no legit cert for training/obedience/docility on a cramped plane?

Maybe they should train a line of service dogs to be docile and caring to be actual certified support animals. I would absolutely be fine with that! Not to say you can't own other dogs, but THIS is the trained dog you can bring with you in places like planes. OR take your own animal to get trained, like a doggie school.

This post and the second last sentence in your own are what we should be shooting for.

kirblar

Without getting into a futile argument about what is and isn't a PitBull (they are the sweetest breed, you know) that Mundy guy needs to go to jail and his dog needs to be removed from him.
The vast majority of dog attacks are un-neutered males.

Hylian7

Huh, quite the stretch there. What if instead of jumping to label me as dismissive, you consider that some people might just be iffy sitting themselves and their kids next to someone's dog that has no legit cert for training/obedience/docility on a cramped plane?

This post and the second last sentence in your own are what we should be shooting for.
Dude that is literally what I just argued in favor of in that post...

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Carrie Fisher had a dog with her all the time

Status and money are a different situation. So did other people like Paris Hilton carry around her toy dogs. Celebs often get a pass, because it they can a slap on the risk for say, doing hit and run to an average joe while drunk, etc., bringing a dog with them is the least of it.

Gibbles17

Dude that is literally what I just argued in favor of in that post...

Right, and I acknowledged that in my last sentence. You had that sandwiched between:

So because someone somewhere has abused it, let's just eradicate it completely... Sounds exactly like people that believe welfare recipients are just moochers and use food stamps on nothing but avocado toast.

and

The casual mental health dismissal is really bad in this thread.

Which is what I was responding to at first. We're on the same page. It's just that you seem to feel that taking umbrage with the current situation makes us dismissive of mental health issues (and welfare abuse??) which is some bizarre bullshit.

Edit: Maybe edit homie's name out of your quotes while we wait for the mod edit fellas.

The dog was not a labrador, lol:

060817-mundyGA-1a.jpg

This is common with a lot of bad pit bull owners, they claim their dog is a mixed labrador or somesuch breed to get around city ordinances which is another common problem.

The ADA does not recognize or cover any of these bullshit "emotional support" animals, Delta needs be sued over this incident and boot them all off their flights. Ridiculous this guy was taking a vicious fucking pittbull on his lap on the flight under the guise of a support animal.

My first roommate had a pure bred pitbull that he told the apartment complex was a boxer/terrier mix

I felt bad for the dog, he kept it caged up for days at a time.

New002

I hope this helps force a crackdown on trivially granted emotional support certification. It's almost 100% abuse and we all know someone who does it- and will ruin it for people who really need an animal support.

Reminds me of that thread a while back where OP was trying to justify getting an emotional support dog because their complex wouldn't allow dogs. I was surprised by how many people were okay with it.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
I don't think there's any salvaging a thread that has one member threatening to brutally murder another member with a baseball bat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom