• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"In the ... RPG Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean, I cried."

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
drohne said:
the uncanny valley is real, and game developers should keep it in mind, but i think this guy's identification with link is something else entirely :lol
IBTN

Amir0x said:
But I'm bored AND a geek loser, so I don't see why not! ....
First: The comparrison between Zelda and "Mary Smith" is already off to a bad foot in that the goal of Link in Zelda:TP is not to look MORE human-like, but stylized. ..... It is, therefore, more relevant to compare one stylized game to another stylized game.

KameoStylizedSmall.jpg

vs.

gcx2.gif

Graphics in that clip is LAME and that's even AFTER you ignore the puppet-like mouth hinge.:lol

How anyone can think this is realistic is beyond comprehension. Low polys, low rez textures...UGH.

Amir0x

Banned
jko said:
Amir0x: great, you've been changing my topic titles...i just noticed that ;p

it's all for the sake of you, man. the article is too embarrassing to have a thread that's TOO serious once the article has been destroyed :lol

Mallrat83

Banned
I think that pic should become like the NeoGAF gavel. Or the cane at the Apollo. It goes up when a certain thread is just too painful and the suffering needs to stop. Pull the tube!!

Hunter D

Speevy said:
Uhhh...no. I'm saying the decision makes sense for Nintendo, and not the third parties. Nintendo hasn't been able to keep up with the top companies technically for a while, and the emergence of Factor 5 and Capcom at the top of the Gamecube's list of technical showcases illustrates that. Really, Nintendo was fighting a losing battle and said "Do we really want to keep this up?" And the answer was no. I suspect that the things Nintendo sees as important from a graphics perspective are not the things which underpin Metal Gear Solid 4 or Gears of War. Would I prefer a more powerful Nintendo console for next gen? Sure. But as someone who has owned every Nintendo console and played almost all their console games, I see the evolution of their thinking.
Are you blind? Have you not seen Resident Evil 4 running on a GC?

jko

Amir0x said:
it's all for the sake of you, man. the article is too embarrassing to have a thread that's TOO serious once the article has been destroyed :lol

haha well i guess i should be thankful then :D

Hunter D

Speevy said:
Yeah, I owned it. I don't think you read my post.
I read your post and what you stated makes no sense. How can you say nintendo can't keep up technically after seeing what they have done with the GC. Luigi's Mansion, Super Mario Sun shine, and the Metriod games are technically impressive to me.

They didn't make the decisions they made with the Wii because they can't keep up. They decided to use cheap hardware because they want to make money.

ok, so that video was incredibly disturbing. Why did the article use an amazing picture and reveal so many of the author's psychological problems? Good riddance.

Borys

Banned
Chittagong said:
That's a new spin! actually more realistic is worse since it looks less realistic than less realistic

:lol :lol :lol

10 times less polygons, 10 times worse textures, 10 times worse shaders, 4 time less resolution is better !

1999 graphics > 2006 graphics !

B&W TVs > HDTVs !

Having sex with a doll > having sex with a woman !

Less > More !

Vibri

Banned
Shawn White, the author, needs to take that article down before it embarasses him for life.

Just awful, fanboy emo-piss. I actually felt sick reading it.

Top Bottom