• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In these modern "WOKE" times why does Rap music get a free pass?

brap

Banned
Mumble rap aint real
It's not. The only people who call it that are a bunch of old fucking dumbass boomers. Yes, 6ix9ine screaming at the top of his lungs is mumble rap. Yep. You got it.

I have no doubt you would think robotic rapping with zero melody about getting molested and killing your own mother was talent.
I have no doubt you're a dumb cunt who thinks some fake gangster talking about how much he hates Trump is better than literally any song Eminem has put out.

It's not. The only people who call it that are a bunch of old fucking dumbass boomers. Yes, 6ix9ine screaming at the top of his lungs is mumble rap. Yep. You got it.

I have no doubt you're a dumb cunt who thinks some fake gangster talking about how much he hates Trump is better than literally any song Eminem has put out.
Your uncle can't hurt you anymore Jeremy. It's okay. You can let go of that anger. I'm sorry that life hasnt worked out for you. You don't need to keep blaming minorities that you are so unhappy.

TrainedRage

Banned
Dave Chapelle has not been cancelled. He’s got one of the biggest comedy deals in history on Netflix. What the fuck are you talking about?

You know exactly what we are talking about but you are trying to shift the conversation from what OP is about. But since you seem to have missed it here are the receipts..

You seemed to have miss all these huh? Sure pal..... We are the snowflakes. You need to go back now.

brap

Banned
Your uncle can't hurt you anymore Jeremy. It's okay. You can let go of that anger. I'm sorry that life hasnt worked out for you. You don't need to keep blaming minorities that you are so unhappy.
Lmao all this projection. So did you get banned from retardera and decide to seek refuge here or just shitpost because you have nothing better to do?

brap

Banned
Because if you tell black people to sing woke rap songs, they'd tell you to "get lost you dumbass whitey"
It'll happen one day. Plenty of woke suburban kids already getting upset their favorite pop rappers said a no no word.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
It'll happen one day. Plenty of woke suburban kids already getting upset their favorite pop rappers said a no no word.
Doesn't even make sense.

I thought woke lefties were all about having minorities have open opportunities to do what they want. And let's face it. Everyone knows rap music is a black thing they dominate.

So for all SJW out there (mostly white college aged females I bet taking arts, or unemployed pink haired on welfare), why are you trying to put the clamp down on black people rapping? Let it be. Don't be discriminatory trying to shut down something that isn't caker whitey.

Last edited:

That's funny because Eminem did a cipher shitting on Trump like last year, I guess that makes him a fake gangster rapper too xD.

I can't stand most of today's rap honestly. It lacks substance and most of the beats kinda suck too. And too much of it is really materialistic and superficial. '90s gangsta rap could also be materialistic and superficial, but at least the beats were generally good. But the good stuff's in the conscious rap, some of it's still being made today but hard to find. Otherwise you have to stick mainly to late '80s and early/mid '90s conscious rap for a lot of the best of the best.

But to answer the OP; it's probably not so much that they're black, but because a lot of those same SJWs ironically listen to those artists and probably know that if they started criticizing them for misogyny or violence in their lyrics, they'd get destroyed in a diss track. The kind of rappers in the mainstream today, black or otherwise, are in a whole different world and don't give a crap about PC culture.

Ironically you'd think that would make them allies with more anti-SJWs since, at least IMHO, they're both about equally as petty, superficial, and meandering (and I could say the same about SJWs, likely why so many of them ironically listen to that music); it'd be a hell of a contrived alliance but at least a united one against the actual perpetrators screwing everything up.

So funnily enough, you're asking the wrong question from the outset; yeah it acknowledges the hypocrisy, but that's about it. And that's something even they're probably aware of, they just don't give a damn. I've seen enough BS from both camps to realize that consistency in standards isn't really a recurring strong suit among most xD.

Mista

Banned
Because it’s mainstream now? Garbage rappers gets a free pass and actually have millions of fans. Why not the whole genre eh?

Last edited:
You know exactly what we are talking about but you are trying to shift the conversation from what OP is about. But since you seem to have missed it here are the receipts..

You seemed to have miss all these huh? Sure pal..... We are the snowflakes. You need to go back now.

you are the snowflakes. All I see is you crying over a bunch of triggered media outlets. You know what I see? Chappelle having huge ratings success at Netflix, a $60 million dollar deal and multiple specials still going with them. Did Netflix cancel him? No. Did the viewers turn off? No- it was huge.
So why cry?

Say it with me- HE. WASNT. CANCELLED.

you are the snowflakes. All I see is you crying over a bunch of triggered media outlets. You know what I see? Chappelle having huge ratings success at Netflix, a $60 million dollar deal and multiple specials still going with them. Did Netflix cancel him? No. Did the viewers turn off? No- it was huge.
So why cry?

But people had an opinion about it 😭😭

No shit, that's why Mr. Positive is listened to 99% white dudes and only sells 100k copies.

While the rapper who preaches every toxic trope sells 10 million copies and the black community lifts him up as some inspirational artist.

This is completely backwards and falls right into the trap that the media set, meanwhile in reality all the gay pushing in the rap industry is backed my high selling rappers backed by white people, and all the BLACK rappers against it are silenced and get less than a few thousand views on youtube or their albums can't even reach gold unless they were a big hit rapper from the 80's.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Because woke white people couldn't do shit against rapists. Er rappers.

Does Eminem still rap about his mom and his daughter

if he does

LAWL

Last edited by a moderator:

O-N-E

Rap has had such terrible messages to dole out for a while now. I don't mean every single rap song, but generally speaking. Gangsta life style, drugs, "hoes". And now you even have emo whiny shit.

Fucking Drake is singing "Soon as you see the text, reply me ."

Man, shut the fuck up.

Javthusiast

Banned
Mainstream music in general is all about sex sells, drugs etc. Rap is all about it, female singers flaunt their things left and right, but thats empowering of course. But oh boy if creators choose to portray FICTIONAL characters in a sexy manner then sjw reee about it like there is no tomorrow.

We all know just like the twitch thots etc. hot women know what they are doing. They exploit themselves and who can blame them, get your money if you can.

It's just tiring as hell to have this double standard, but that is the definition of the sjws.

Last edited:
Lol people defending Enimem.

Enimem has no talent, the Media has to kickstart him multiple times and flood the airwaves with him to white teens multiple times before he clicked an took off, and tht was done to cement the west coast spread the media was backing to screw over black people because now the white people would see Enimem living the stereotypical fantasy and they would bring up the type of lifestyle Enimem and the other west coast rappers represented to Blacks kids in the school system. They had to tell other musicians even in other genres to step back or to halt release dates so they can drive Enimem home because he was there best chance because even Vanilla Ice, the king of being a stuck up bitch, went in the opposite direction, and was still more popular than Enimem for months until he took off. HE was the one that made it so white audiences could dictate Hip Hops direction permantly for the foreseeable future, that's why despite Gay Macklemore having low views by Blacks, he's still a top selling artists out there to "make change"as they say. This is a guy who helped lead the industry to where it's now, Enimem is a joke.,

I suspect that some of these Pro-LGBT corporations are waiting to soon by control of almost all the music industry so they can threaten to fire any rapper not willing to be softer, where drag like Migos, and say the support drag queens on TV, and Fly Young Red will become rapper of the decade for being progressive.

Rap has always been political. Ever listen to public enemy and fighting the power? Or are you talking about the 90s rap of bitches and hoes?

90's rap was fine outside the west coast influence to about 94-95 before it and the alternative scene were slept away. That's the Hoes and guns era.

TrainedRage

Banned
So why cry?

I wasn't talking about what you personally see. I was talking about the things I linked to and sjw snowflakes you see at REEra.

But good job for figuring out that cancelled doesn't always literaly mean you are wiped from the face of the earth and is mostly used as described in this topic, but keep derailing the thread please. Heck you may even get some reaction points!

The best part is..

If you criticize rappers/rap music for pushing a narrative that's toxic to its consumers they will retort.

"Not all rap! What about 'insert positive back-pack rapper name'. See, not all rap is bad!"

No shit, that's why Mr. Positive is listened to 99% white dudes and only sells 100k copies.

While the rapper who preaches every toxic trope sells 10 million copies and the black community lifts him up as some inspirational artist.

Who is this rapper? Is it Kanye? The same Kanye that has cozied up with Trump a handful of times? Would that make Trump toxic by association? I'm just curious.

Also, I thought it was pretty well known that the majority of customers for mainstream rap these days are white; if you expand that to globally in places like Japan, U.K, Brazil etc. then the majority of those customers are non-black. So speaking purely domestically, wouldn't the blame of holding rappers with bad messages up as inspirations fall onto them and not blacks, if going by majority?

Breakage

Same reason why London's knife crime problem isn't described as a manifestation of toxic masculinity.
Black ghetto culture is fetishised from a safe distance by white leftists.

This place gets triggered way too often. You motherfuckers are hilarious. Between this and the Tim Allen thread it's clear that this forum is made up of 95% white guys who are salty as fuck.

Anti-SJWs are honestly as petty, cowardly and childish as SJWs at this point. And just like how there is always a tinge of bigotry from the far-left in their actions, the same comes from the far-right even when they put on a show of being "better" than the other side. The vast majority, anyway.

So glad I stepped away from actively being involved or supporting either side of the trainwreck that is their 'culture war'; there aren't many ways to waste your time so epicly but the way most SJWs/anti-SJWs engage with each other online is definitely one such way.

Last edited:

brap

Banned
Enimem has no talent
Why do black people hate eminem so much? Upset he's better than most black rappers?

It's miserable on both sides. Just a bunch of giant bleeding vaginas.
d0a.png

brap

Banned
The fact that you have a meme readily available for every occasion says a lot about you. And, your sex life.
It's called google images, retard. Also somebody who is so obsessed with Abby Russell he gets banned from TWO Giant Bomb threads has no room to talk about somebody's sex life. Actually anybody who still watches GB has no room to talk about anybody or anything.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Hip Hop is too big to cancel. Try it and you look fucking stupid.

And its just part of the culture. If you don't like it then dont listen.

Last edited:

Kamina

Golden Boy
Mostly „POC‘s“
Also rappers wouldn‘t give a shit if retards on Twitter started complaining.

oagboghi2

Lol people defending Enimem.

Enimem has no talent, the Media has to kickstart him multiple times and flood the airwaves with him to white teens multiple times before he clicked an took off, and tht was done to cement the west coast spread the media was backing to screw over black people because now the white people would see Enimem living the stereotypical fantasy and they would bring up the type of lifestyle Enimem and the other west coast rappers represented to Blacks kids in the school system. They had to tell other musicians even in other genres to step back or to halt release dates so they can drive Enimem home because he was there best chance because even Vanilla Ice, the king of being a stuck up bitch, went in the opposite direction, and was still more popular than Enimem for months until he took off. HE was the one that made it so white audiences could dictate Hip Hops direction permantly for the foreseeable future, that's why despite Gay Macklemore having low views by Blacks, he's still a top selling artists out there to "make change"as they say. This is a guy who helped lead the industry to where it's now, Enimem is a joke.,
this is complete revionist history

Anti-SJW is exactly like SJW but with more racism.
whatever lie you need to tell yourself

Last edited:

highrider

Banned
Don't be hating. He's pretty fly for a cracka. Soft a not hard r

I really think he’s a mediocre mc, Ryan Lewis on the tracks is a beast though.

In regards to the op, your typical SJW is what I call an unaware racist. They feel like blacks need special treatment and shouldn’t be held to the same societal standards. It stems from their limited exposure to black people and culture.

Last edited:
Why do black people hate eminem so much?

If you knew how to read, you would have read past the one line you quoted and found out why. ;)

this is complete revionist history

Literally nothing said is disputable, and even Eminem admits half of it himself. White kids that grew up under the media system pushing aren't going to realize or understand this since that was the point.

Last edited:
I was going to roll out a whole page of text here but honestly I'm not going to open up a big debate on this. Overall though Rap culture in itself is very destructive to it's masses as a whole and was intended to be this way the moment it became mainstream.

Nymphae

Banned
Remember in the 90's when you could juxtapose stuffy whites and thugy blacks for laughs? That is straight up hate speech now lol.

Like Bill Maher used to do a bit called Master P's Theatre, where he translated rap lyrics, "ebonics" as he referred to them, into language stuffy whites could understand, and laugh at due to the absurd nature of messaging when properly understood. The translation for "Get Jiggy Wit my 9 Homeslice" is great. It really is amazing when you lay it all out like that.

And I just watched High School High the other day, same exact thing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom