• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In these modern "WOKE" times why does Rap music get a free pass?

TrainedRage

Banned
I think some people missed the point of this thread.

I love rap, most of it. Grew up with that late 90's style. I have no problem with it or its "message".
Parents should take more accountability with it is about all I would say.

The point I was trying to make is why do people that espouse justice and equity and feminism Etc.. give rap music a pass?

Because rap music nowadays is stupid and we're surrounded by barbarian mongoloids, music is only as bad as its generation. I miss the 90's and especially the Wu-Tang Clan. They rapped about fucking women and getting chased by the cops, sure, but they also allowed themselves to get more esoteric. There's definitely some artists keeping that creativity flame alive like Death Grips and Danny Brown, but it's pretty barren outside of that.

I'm also a caucasoid so my opinion probably doesn't count.

Ribi

because whatever you call rap music these days fucking sucks. How are you supposed to call out music when all they do is mumble and you cant hear what they are saying?

olimariOA

Banned
Because black people are seen as inherently virtuous in the current climate...
Until they come out as Conservative or commit actual crimes (Cosby/Chris Brown)

If I sang about the misogynistic and violent stuff seen in a lot of rap I'd be in huge trouble

TacosNSalsa

IMHO I think it's because rap is insulated and there's not much they can do about it and the industry knows it . What are they going to do? Boycott? People that listen to rap listen because of the lyrics or at the very least in spite of it , so that's not going to work . Whats next ? Go to a concert and protest? HAHAHAHAH!! I'd LOVE to see that one. No one wants to end up on World Star Uncut.

Only black rappers get a pass. Eminem doesn't say faggot anymore because of it whilst all the other ones run wild.

He still said it on Kamikaze in 2018 though.

But he also had that "FUCK TRUMP" freestyle.

And he's not as popular anymore.

Even NF did better critically recently, but when he finally got popular enough for places like Pitchfork to review, the critics realized he was Christian and collectively slapped him with 4/10 "this album is too depressing" nonsensical reviews despite the album being the best he ever put out.

So people still hate on rappers, but the SJWs have bigger fish to fry.

Deathcore was commercially successful too, even though some of it was literally about killing whores.

Last edited:

yeeeeeezy

Banned
because they are black and part of the "victim' class? I'm not sure. Rap is horrible for the culture tho. The values rap espouse are pure garbage.

Top Bottom