• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Inafune's New KS has a Console goal to be defined post-funding.

JDSN

Banned
Take into consideration that this might change in the future like they say in the update, but RED ASH kickstarter added a new strech goal to make a console port, no console is announced tho:

We’ve made a little update to the Stretch Goals, as follows:

$1,000,000 adds a console port (1 system).
$1,500,000 adds Episode IV-V.

They are probably in talks Sony/MS/Nintendo over this as they mention here, but its clear that its only gonna be one of the three:

Another reason that we can't announce the console now is because we need to negotiate with the console makers. It's a big assignment for us, but we are confident we'll have great support due to the team's prior work with the consoles. We will keep you updated right here with all the latest developments on that.

Now this is where it gets a bit weird, they mention a preliminary poll to kinda measure which is gonna get the ticket, but the final word its after the funding period ends (which means you cant pull back your pledge):

Most importantly, we want to port RED ASH to the console most wished for by our backers. We will put up a preliminary poll soon, so you can make your voice heard and let our team know where you want RED ASH on consoles first! Then, once the campaign ends, we will send a survey to make your final vote! The survey will only be available to backers, so be sure to tell everyone you can about this big news!

Link

Shizuka

There will be a bloodbath, people will back just to find that their platform of choice didn't win the poll so they are stuck with PC.

ezekial45

Banned
Yeah, they totally botched this. It's a shame because the game looks neat on a conceptual level. Not only was this announced too early, but they're constantly having to adjust their message to counteract the somewhat poor performance.

They just got greedy here.

Wereroku

Holy shit that is terrible. Are you going to use that vote to try to get console makers to front them money or something? This is a worse choice than Torment having backers choose how the game played.

Timed console exclusivity decided by post-Kickstarter vote? I guess it's nice that fans get to make the choice, but that doesn't sound too exciting for anyone who might want to make an initial contribution to this campaign. Waiting would appear to be the safest bet, perhaps with a physical console release down the road similar to Mighty No. 9.

Instro

One of the most poorly managed kickstarters I've ever seen, certainly the worst of the "big" ones. I assume they were expecting a much bigger turnout on the kickstarter so that there would have never been any issue making all the ports they wanted.

rhandino

Banned
9TOE3dt.gif

I wouldn't fund a game project without knowing if I could even play it. It's stupid to ask for money in a situation like this, IMHO.

Why couldn't they wait until after Mighty No9 launched. T_T

Why couldn't they launch the anime KS *after* Red Ash was funded or not.

And now this.

Why do Legends games always get shafted.

N5T6f8l.png

I truly want to play this game.

Sigh.

that's absurd, what if the console port is on something that a backer doesn't have?
Everything Inafune is doing at this point is absurd. He's making bank off of all of these Kickstarters based on nostalgia alone and he has yet to actually show that any of the final products are worth the money people have put in. Mighty No. 9 looks particularly mediocre, and he continues to whore out the licensing and add new Kickstarters like nobody's business.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
So basically NOT PS4 then. That's the only reason he'd avoid saying which console. He knew there'd be a meltdown if he said Xbox or WiiU.

kunonabi

This was going to be hard sell for me since I just spent way too much money backing three other kickstarters and I want Legends 3 more than I want spiritual successor but no word on which console it's going to land on has firmly turned this into a "No" for me. People bitched about the Shenmue 3 kickstarter but at least Awesome Japan directly addressed everything and have made most of the necessary adjustments to get things moving again.

rhandino

Banned
It's almost halfway with 3+ weeks to go, looks like it's on track to getting funded.
Looking at the stretch goals and how this is a last minute solution because the campaign is moving very slow I think that just getting the game funded seems to not be the ideal scenario for them (or what they expected in the first place).

EDIT: Getting funded get the fans the A part of this map

HcxS9RC.jpg

I'd like to play it so I hope it's Xbox, but still this is a shitty thing to do, this game shouldn't be exclusive to any one system if it's being kickstarted.

emb

Sounds cool to me. The more exclusives, the better. If it's not exclusive? That's fine too, looks like it could be a cool game. Exclusive certainly doesn't seem like a great way to get a bunch of funding though.

Either way, I was planning to back this whenever (if ever) a physical, console version gets announced (for any console(s)). Like with MN9, I may have to wait until closer to release rather than during the campaign to get excited.

harSon

Banned
I'd think it's either Nintendo or Microsoft if they're not willing to disclose it right now. I'm leaning towards Microsoft since he has a recent relationship with them (ReCore). Pretty shitty way of handling the Kickstarter though.

So don't back unless you own a PS4 if you want to play on a console.

Maybe they should say this then instead of leaving it ambiguous. It's a shitty move and a sign of terrible judgement. WHo thought this would be a good idea? But they know they have a captive audience of desperate, starving MegaMan fans so they are going to milk them for everything they can. Nostalgia is one hell of a drug.

L Thammy

To their surprise, the Bluth's wound up raising over $25,000 dollars for TBA. Then, and here's the really horrible part, they did it again the following year.

Sounds cool to me. The more exclusives, the better. If it's not exclusive? That's fine too, looks like it could be a cool game.

Either way, I was planning to back this whenever (if ever) a physical, console version gets announced (for any console(s)). Like with MN9, I may have to wait until closer to release rather than during the campaign to get excited.

No.

Seriously.

Fuck that.

Unless Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo are vehemently involved in a game's funding or development, a game should not be exclusive.

Genkobar

I don't see an issue here.

Of course they need to negotiate with the console makers for the best deal, which they can't really do until they know they'll be able to make something.

They also want the backers to be able to get the game on their console of choice. I'm not sure the backers will have the final say, but it will surely influence which console gets the port first.

Toki767

It's almost halfway with 3+ weeks to go, looks like it's on track to getting funded.

It's pretty obvious that it'll get funded. But it's even more obvious that they are clearly not getting as much funding in the end as they thought they would.

Top Bottom