• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Inafune's New KS has a Console goal to be defined post-funding.

Why don't you want my money!?!? ㅠㅠ I kind of hope they just restart this whole kickstarter with some better goals and ideas outlined from the beginning. I want this 10x more than MN9 (no offense to those fans, I am sure it will be great), but I am left HOPING I get a fourth of this game MAYBE on a console I own... Shenmue had some stumbles, but they righted themselves enough to get my money. Red Ash, please right this boat before another Legends dream sinks...

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
I don't see that logic

Really? The PS4 is the market leader. Its also the console to choose to get the maximum funding amount possible.

By holding back naming the console, it suggests it won't be the PS4 otherwise they WOULD have named it. But by not saying anything, they're hoping to still get some funding dollars from the PS4 base because the funding would be lacklustre from the Xbox or WiiU base.

Some Nobody

Legit depressing. I came to a realization that I give LESS than a fuck about standard Mega Man games. Love his design, love the concept, love the lore--but fuck the games that aren't Legends or Battle Network.

I was so excited to see Red Ash--looked like a proper reimagining for MML fans.

But ugh, everything about this Kickstarter is a fucking mess. It launched too soon after so many major KS titles. It's a second Kickstarter after the first KS hasn't launched his game--whether they're right to or not, fans are going to complain about that. That stupid fucking anime KS which is most likely draining funding from the game. Now THIS? FFS Inafune, who are you letting run this?

antitrop

It's pretty obvious that it'll get funded. But it's even more obvious that they are clearly not getting as much funding in the end as they thought they would.

Exactly. Backing this Kickstarter is just asking to get bitten. They lowballed the funding goal, and when it doesn't meet stretch goals, the end product will probably be nothing like what backers hoped/expected it would be.

Really? The PS4 is the market leader. Its also the console to choose to get the maximum funding amount possible.

By holding back naming the console, it suggests it won't be the PS4 otherwise they WOULD have named it. But by not saying anything, they're hoping to still get some funding dollars from the PS4 base because the funding would be lacklustre from the Xbox or WiiU base.

They aren't naming it because they are holding a 'vote' for the console it gets released for.

Whether it's a legitimate vote or a farce isn't apparent.

FelipeMGM

I'd think it's either Nintendo or Microsoft if they're not willing to disclose it right now. I'm leaning towards Microsoft since he has a recent relationship with them (ReCore). Pretty shitty way of handling the Kickstarter though.

So basically NOT PS4 then. That's the only reason he'd avoid saying which console. He knew there'd be a meltdown if he said Xbox or WiiU.

Whaaat. Its not set yet. They said People will vote for the console that is getting a port. And if Comcept had to choose only one, Im pretty sure They would go with PS4

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Inafune gonna Inafune. Can't say I'm surprised.

I'm not sure this is the case, but I certainly wouldn't rule it out.

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member

Or Comcept doesn't want to upset either Sony, MS or Nintendo.

hamchan

It's fairly ridiculous. There will be people funding this that want it to be on Wii U or Xbox One and will probably not get it while having their money taken. Especially if the votes are closer than the PS4 blowout we think it will be.

No.

Seriously.

Fuck that.

Unless Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo are vehemently involved in a game's funding or development, a game should not be exclusive.

Not really. What if it just makes financial sense to be exclusive? I mean, you don't expect Disgaea or Persona to release on Xbone, do you? They'd almost certainly lose money on those ports.

Having said that, this is a hilariously dumb idea. I hadn't even heard of this until the Bombcast and then Final Bosman brought it up but this sounds like an incredibly incompetently run kickstarter.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'd doubt the PS4 would lose the vote unless 3DS was an option, which they'd be stupid to add if they don't want to make a game that looks like a 3DS game, which they don't.

PS4 would stomp the XBONE and should beat the Wii U handily.

duckroll

It's fairly ridiculous. There will be people funding this that want it to be on Wii U or Xbox One and will probably not get it while having their money taken. Especially if the votes are closer than the PS4 blowout we think it will be.

Well, I feel that anyone who buys into this Kickstarter with an expectation that they would get a console version of the game on the console of their choice probably deserves the disappointment when it doesn't. The smart thing to do for someone who only wants to play this on consoles is to simply not back it. If it gets funded by other people, it will probably have a console port at some point. Why risk it when they're offering such a piss poor deal for backers? :)

rhandino

Banned
guys, we've made it to page two without seeing "the tweet"...
nBPULrr.png

Still on page 1 here...

Not really. What if it just makes financial sense to be exclusive? I mean, you don't expect Disgaea or Persona to release on Xbone, do you? They'd almost certainly lose money on those ports.

Having said that, this is a hilariously dumb idea. I hadn't even heard of this until the Bombcast and then Final Bosman brought it up but this sounds like an incredibly incompetently run kickstarter.

Well that's a financial decision based on different markets that I didn't account for, so thanks for reminding me of it.

That said, the potential sales of a spiritual Legends 3 are not going to be bottlenecked by region.

I know how these threads go already, "why would it come to Xbox?" "But I want to play it on Xbox" "ps4 is the market leader Japanese games won't sell on Xbox blah blah blah" not that that's false, the game likely will sell more on playstation anyway, but still it sucks that fans like myself are likely to get shafted.

I'm starting to think maybe Capcom wasn't COMPLETELY wrong in parting ways with Inafune, if they had to constantly put up with clown shoes planning and production decisions. For all we this is the kind of shit may have been what prompted Capcom to pull the plug on MML3.

eFKac

I know how these threads go already, "why would it come to Xbox?" "But I want to play it on Xbox" "ps4 is the market leader Japanese games won't sell on Xbox blah blah blah" not that that's false, the game likely will sell more on playstation anyway, but still it sucks that fans like myself are likely to get shafted.

Dude I've seen you in so many threads about a game is not coming out on the Xbone complaining about the same thing. Just get a PS4.

Man that's a bad call. Seems like they want to use that as leverage in negotiations with one of the console manufacturers maybe? I mean they honestly wouldn't dictate which console based upon that survey. That's sure to be a business decision...

Welfare

What the fuck does Inafune have in development now? MN9, ReCore, and now this? What's next, a Battle Network clone (please)?

Only 1 console target make me think he's baiting one of the big three to fund for exclusivity. ..

If you do back this kickstarter, vote Sony please, there's a chance it'd end up psvita/ps4 crossbuy. :p

It was like they were bored and wanted to kickstart something. Zero planning.

More like "mighty number 9 is out soon and it looks like a bargim bin PC platformer for windows 98. If we are gonna try this we should do it before that drops just in case it isn't received well. "

Running a KS before you have delivered on your first is a bad idea. Double Fine ran into the same issue.

DrArchon

It's so weird that after the relatively well done MN9 kickstarter and seeing stuff like Bloodstained that Comcept would fuck this up so badly. Why would anyone ever try to kickstart a MML successor without even mentioning console development? Not to mention the timing, the simultaneous anime kickstarter, etc.

What a fucking mess.

Mononoke

Banned
It's so weird that after the relatively well done MN9 kickstarter and seeing stuff like Bloodstained that Comcept would fuck this up so badly. Why would anyone ever try to kickstart a MML successor without even mentioning console development? Not to mention the timing, the simultaneous anime kickstarter, etc.

What a fucking mess.

It really is crazy. Seems like arrogance to me.

If Mighty No 9 doesn't end up reviewing well and fans aren't happy with it, then this is going to make this even more of a disaster.

Top Bottom