• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Inafune's New KS has a Console goal to be defined post-funding.

TalonJH

Why are you making me not back something I clearly want Inafune? I just don't think I can support this one. It's killing me.

Oh boy, Console!

My favorite game module.

ZnSaTsR.png

Pandy

It's not as big an issue as it might be, on account of none of the reward tiers offering the console version so anybody backing this should be content to receive the PC version.
Rather undermines the purpose of having a console related stretch goal, though.

Converse

Banned
I used to like Inafune's games, and both this and Mighty Number 9 appeal to me on a conceptual level. But I just can't get behind the guy's shady-assed Kickstarter usage. That'll be a big "pass" from me.

Megatron

It's pretty obvious that it'll get funded. But it's even more obvious that they are clearly not getting as much funding in the end as they thought they would.

That's their own fault for making the spiritual sequal to a game that was never on PC, exclusively for PC. They needed to include at least one console like Shenmue did. That's why I sat out.

Apathy

Is he just putting his name on anything now? Like focus on one thing and finish it and make sure it's good rather than spread out too thin

Exactly. People won't know the quality of MN9 so they get all the benefits and none of the draw backs.

If it sounds scummy, it is.

It works the other way too, you know?.

M9 got good impressions from E3, imagine if the reviews are favorable and gamers are happy with the game, that will translate on Comcept getting a lot of goodwill/support and Red Ash probably will be funded in 2 days like any other high profile KS.

That's their own fault for making the spiritual sequal to a game that was never on PC, exclusively for PC. They needed to include at least one console like Shenmue did. That's why I sat out.

While I think that is part of the problem too, I would say the main problem is that the KS itself doesnt really offer any insigt into the project. Some artworks and thats it. Not even some prototype, some shots on how the game should look like or anything else. Besides that the first stretch goal says something about episodes 1-3.
Why should I back it, when I wont get a "full" game.
And the PR "yeah. but its a full game! dont worry" is just PR talk...

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
This is getting so strange thaf I'm expecting NX to be one of the pool's options.

Amon-Lau

I backed out from this a few days before this update, this just solidifies my action of backing out...

I really do wanna play this game as a big Legends fan but there comes a point when you gotta say no to silly choices like this...

I'm really disappointed by this, really wish this came before MN9 cause I bet we'd have better options compared to this coming out now...

ShinMaruku

It works the other way too, you know?.

M9 got good impressions from E3, imagine if the reviews are favorable and gamers are happy with the game, that will translate on Comcept getting a lot of goodwill/support and Red Ash probably will be funded in 2 days like any other high profile KS.

I heard colonial marine did well at E3. Until the game is out could be good or bad, right now there is no negative, it's favorable to them with no drawbacks.

Crocodile

Funny part is Inafune actually never made a single game. he was character designer and producer of selected games, but never spearheaded game as a director.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keiji_Inafune

You're being really disingenuous if you're suggesting producers have no creative input or influence on a game project.

Plus they are still developing that other Kickstarter game and Inafune is also working on a AAA game for Microsoft. What a mess.

Mighty No. 9 is done (developed by Inticreates) and Armature is developing Recore.

Fuck off with that. Tell me if its coming to the console I own so I can back it up. What a fucking stupid move.

To their surprise, the Bluth's wound up raising over $25,000 dollars for TBA. Then, and here's the really horrible part, they did it again the following year.

Oh my god.

I'm actually really upset with Inafune right now for fucking this KS up so bad, because I want this project to be made almost as much as I want Yooka-Laylee. This one is on him, and that sucks.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I'm actually really upset with Inafune right now for fucking this KS up so bad, because I want this project to be made almost as much as I want Yooka-Laylee. This one is on him, and that sucks.
I'm with you. They're really dropping the ball and that just sucks. I'd absolutely love to see this game get made but he's making it hard to want to support it.

Unrelated to this, I started playing Rockman Dash again this week. I haven't played it in almost 16 years but, wow, I'm having an absolute blast. It's dated in many ways but I can't stop playing. It's weirdly engaging and quite personable. It's simply reminded me how much I'd like a new installment.

You're being really disingenuous if you're suggesting producers have no creative input or influence on a game project.

It really depends on the producer himself. Some contribute more than others. I'm sure Inafune has had some ideas put in games, but that's far from game design.

As badly as I've wanted ML3 to actually happen over the years ...I'm not touching this kickstarter. If it gets funded, and a game actually gets made in a couple years, and it's on the console I actually own (seriously?) then I'll get excited about it.

This is just a mess.

@MUWANdo

Banned
It really depends on the producer himself. Some contribute more than others. I'm sure Inafune has had some ideas put in games, but that's far from game design.

Okay, what about all the games where he was a planner? Seriously, the revisionist horseshit that's inevitably applied to every dev that falls out of fashion is just pathetic.

sleepykyo

Welcome to the Inafune circus! Dodedodododo

No idea what he's playing at, this is absolutely daft.

He knows exactly what he is playing at. If he listed the target console he loses out on the other user bases. He wants funding from all platform users without committing to a single platform. The new age of snake oil.

Okay, what about all the games where he was a planner? Seriously, the revisionist horseshit that's inevitably applied to every dev that falls out of fashion is just pathetic.

Revisionist horseshit is calling Inafune "legendary game designer". No, I don't know what he did as planner, but people sure like to upplay his influence in the games themselves. Maybe you could list which games he was planner and what he did in them? I only know of Megaman 4.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Sounds about time for Inafune to give another "Japan is doomed" conference talk to scrounge up some cash!

I understand there's uncertainty at this stage but a) that implies they weren't already planning to do a port (is that realistic?) and b) I don't see how I could back without knowing I could play the game on something I owned. Now, I own all the machines because I am fabulous but if I didn't, why would I back this?

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Now people get ringside seats to the fact it was Inafune that mainly helped to drag Capcom down into the depths its still stuck in.

Burning through all that Kickstarter good will in less than two years is quite the achievement.

He knows exactly what he is playing at. If he listed the target console he loses out on the other user bases. He wants funding from all platform users without committing to a single platform. The new age of snake oil.

And if any of the console holders want to chime in with cash at the last hurdle too of course! Thats not hair-gel, he naturally secretes the oil himself!

Danneee

Judging by the posts in his thread you're wrong. Few are willing to back it if there's a chance that they'll never play it.

Rymuth

You are now voting for...The Console

Please wait while we accept your vote for...The Console

The Console is now being decided
The Console is now being decided

Please do not move while we decide on...The Console.

JP

Would happily back if I knew it was coming to PS4 but not going to hand over my money for a "maybe" although if the comments on the project are accurate it's going to be PS4 anyway.

If only The Vectrex was an option I could vote for. :(

Top Bottom