• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

INCEPTION |OT| Movie of the Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hieberrr

I tried watching this last night as a friend mentioned it and it doesn't hold up :( I got really bored by the time they were going to the 3rd level, just had to stop. It was like my 4th view. I don't think I'm watching this in a few years. I really loved it upon first watch but it has failed to hold my attention in re-watches. Similar to TDK in that regard.
I watch it every time I study, lol. I've probably seen this movie 40 times now. Still awesome :p

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
I've watched six times now I think. Once in the cinema and basically once a month when I got the blu-ray. I've also watched the BB films a little too much too though.

Prestige and Memento get less frequent viewings. They're too good to watch so often.

CassSept

I've seen it twice in the cinema and once afterwards. Liked it equally on all the viewings, albeit all the preparations up to them entering the dream are somewhat a drag on repeat viewings.

Sorry for the bump....

So I just saw this for the first time since its release, and I went into it not caring about the story, and just wanted to see Nolan have fun with the concept, and see some nice photography.

Basically I just wanted to see Nolan show his chops in terms of presentation and ideas.

While there was some neat stuff going on, the movie fell a little flat to me. I don't think there was enough "whoa cool" moments.

Looking at most of Nolan's work, you'd think this movie would have had a good enough story to have taken it over the top, and make it an all around great movie.

The movie isn't bad by any means, but it really should've been something much better. What went wrong here? I'm really curious.

He wrote the script himself. He works much better with his brother

Still the vault scene (and subsequent kicks) is the best thing he's ever done in his career

He wrote the script himself. He works much better with his brother

Still the vault scene (and subsequent kicks) is the best thing he's ever done in his career

All that stuff was really great work no doubt, but those things alone can't go toe to toe with The Prestige in terms of being the full package.

It's definitely a nice addition to his portfolio for sure, but definitely not amongst his best work.

Is his brother working with him on interstellar?

Liamario

Banned
Just finished watching the movie for a second time. Hadn't seen it since I saw it on cinema release.
That ending is still great. It's not necessarily a new concept, but when you take in everything that happened and then to leave the audience hanging like that just gets me everytime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom