• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Incoming governor says North Carolina will repeal anti-LGBT law

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess they got tired of losing money.

AP said:
Gov.-elect Roy Cooper issued a statement Monday. Cooper says legislators plan to hold the session on the law known as HB2 on Tuesday because Charlotte repealed a local nondiscrimination ordinance that Republicans blamed for the statewide law.

The Charlotte City Council met Monday to repeal the ordinance enacted in early 2016.

However, the Council's move is contingent on North Carolina legislators fully repealing HB2 by December 31.

Slayven

Are they going to let him? He will barely have the power to wipe his ass. I can see them being stubborn on this

Mathieran

Banned
I hope he succeeds in that, but have my doubts he will be able to achieve little else.

I can guarantee the GOP will do everything they can do to fuck over Cooper and come re election time the GOP will blame Cooper for failing and of course the voters will eat it up and vote for whatever twat republican is running against him. It's amazing how short a memory the public has.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
You would think it wouldn't be that big a fight, considering the reaction to this has actively moved businesses and events out of the state. Whatever moral imperative the Republicans think they have, it's weird to see them digging in on something that hurts the bottom line.

The incoming governor is confident because the outgoing governor called the special session because Charlotte caved and repealed its ordinance. I am still trying to confirm, but it looks like they repealed the whole thing, not only the "controversial" "bathroom-provision."

I hope he succeeds in that, but have my doubts he will be able to achieve little else.

I can guarantee the GOP will do everything they can do to fuck over Cooper and come re election time the GOP will blame Cooper for failing and of course the voters will eat it up and vote for whatever twat republican is running against him. It's amazing how short a memory the public has.

There's a special election in 2017 where the entire legislature can be booted out. If the Democratic party is worth a damn they should be focusing all of their resources into North Carolina and Virginia to prepare for the 2017 elections.

There's a special election in 2017 where the entire legislature can be booted out. If the Democratic party is worth a damn they should be focusing all of their resources into North Carolina and Virginia to prepare for the 2017 elections.

Except the republicans are the ones tasked with re-drawing the districts for the 2017 election. They'll make sure the scales are still tipped in their favor regardless.

Mathieran

Banned

I keep forgetting about that. I better keep myself informed so I can get out and vote and plaster it all over social media so all my liberal friends get out and vote too.

Except the republicans are the ones tasked with re-drawing the districts for the 2017 election. They'll make sure the scales are still tipped in their favor regardless.

They won't be able to tip the scales enough to maintain their veto proof majority, provided people get off their lazy asses and vote of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom