• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NC Gov: Charlotte, repeal your Pro-LGBT ordiance and we'll see about HB2

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are people with conservative and narrowminded views on the LGBT community in every major city in NC, and the south and probably most cities in the nation, both those places have strong pockets of liberal support as well (I'm from Greensboro and have lived among both sides). I think the key difference between the cities and the rest of the state is that people in the cities have other shit to do. They've also tended to be more liberal in their voting habits, which is why the state is so badly gerrymandered to limit their impact in voting.

I am not even talking specifically about LGBT rights, just in general Charlotte came off as a very conservative and right wing place when I was there, which is why I always get a little wierded out when it's described as a liberal city (even if that is actually the case).

Slayven

Think about it, telling people where they can take a dump has cost the state thousands of jobs and billions of dollars. But they still want to double down.

Ascenion

As a proud Charlottean, let me just say fuck you Pat McCrory. Get fucked you spineless prick-ass piece of shit. How dare you even propose such a thing after what you've done to this state. And then you aren't even man enough to say it yourself. A spokesman had to.

Supast4r

What if they repealed it, HB2 is repealed and then they immediately pass it again?
Money. North Carolina had lost so much money off of businesses boycotting and people don't want to move there because of the anti LGBT law. I hope that state loses tons of more money to prove a point.

Think about it, telling people where they can take a dump has cost the state thousands of jobs and billions of dollars. But they still want to double down.

But isn't it all worth it for the sake of mealy-mouthed parents who don't want to explain simple things to their kids?

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I am not even talking specifically about LGBT rights, just in general Charlotte came off as a very conservative and right wing place when I was there, which is why I always get a little wierded out when it's described as a liberal city (even if that is actually the case).

Charlotte is home to a bunch of banking and legal professionals, not to mention the birthplace of Billy Graham, so I don't think I'd describe it as liberal. But like any large city, it has a wide variety of people from different backgrounds so its just a mixed bag.
Asheville is liberal, Chapel Hill is liberal, Wilmington is liberal. Greensboro and Winston Salem are largely neutral with liberal leanings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom