• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indie Bundle Thread - There's another one?

zulux21

Come on! I quote it for you.

hehe my bad.... I guess I really did miss it :p
I am interested in the bundle though, I have manged to skip all the bundles with Ichi so far even though it interests me so maybe I will finally pick it up through this.

200 or 208 indie games in my backlog.... at this point it really doesn't matter if I add more lol I will never run out :p

Game Guru

I only really buy bundles that contain games I want to play. Humble Indie Bundle 4 had Cave Story+, Gratuitous Space Battles, Super Meat Boy and Bit.Trip Runner. Humble Indie Bundle 5 had Psychonauts and Braid. Be Mine 3 had the two 2D Oddworld games and the Avernum Trilogy. Indie Royale had Oniken and the Geneforge Saga. Lastly, Humble Bundle for Android 3 merely had Bit.Trip Beat, but I only gave the minimum $1 for that one, since Spirits just didn't look all that interesting.

zulux21

I only really buy bundles that contain games I want to play. Humble Indie Bundle 4 had Cave Story+, Gratuitous Space Battles, Super Meat Boy and Bit.Trip Runner. Humble Indie Bundle 5 had Psychonauts and Braid. Be Mine 3 had the two 2D Oddworld games and the Avernum Trilogy. Indie Royale had Oniken and the Geneforge Saga. Lastly, Humble Bundle for Android 3 merely had Bit.Trip Beat, but I only gave the minimum $1 for it.
aside from the indie gala bundles I do that as well. though the indie gala bundles tend to have at least 1 game that interests me. I just snag them to have gifts to give out for friends birthdays and christmas as it's nice to give something, but it's to expensive to buy all your steam friends real gifts @_@

Game Guru

aside from the indie gala bundles I do that as well. though the indie gala bundles tend to have at least 1 game that interests me. I just snag them to have gifts to give out for friends birthdays and christmas as it's nice to give something, but it's to expensive to buy all your steam friends real gifts @_@

Unfortunately, most people I know aren't Steam users and those that are have already bought the few indie games they wanted. I had trouble giving away the Be Mine 3 gift, so I wouldn't know what to do with a "Double Down Happy Hour" from Indie Gala.

Aaron

Gone Fishin' bundle was an excellent series of games. Squids is the only one I didn't like. Zombies game ended up way better than I thought it'd be from previews / reviews.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I always laughed at the people who said that all those Indie bundles will burn out themselves by flooding the market. But they were totally right. I'm not even interested by the last few ones in the slightest :/

Haunted

I always laughed at the people who said that all those Indie bundles will burn out themselves by flooding the market. But they were totally right. I'm not even interested by the last few ones in the slightest :/
And yet the Humble Bundle keeps breaking records. Not all indie bundles are created equal. Just compare the value and quality and it's easy to see why some make it and some just bomb.

Basically, Humble Bundle V ruined it by making everyone else look bad. :D

That said, I think the Greenlight Bundle looks pretty good even if it has some iOS ports.

zulux21

And yet the Humble Bundle keeps breaking records. Not all indie bundles are created equal. Just compare the value and quality and it's easy to see why some make it and some just bomb.

Basically, Humble Bundle V ruined it by making everyone else look bad. :D

That said, I think the Greenlight Bundle looks pretty good even if it has some iOS ports.

yup, after so many bundles I only buy the ones with games that interest me, but there are still plenty of bundles that could be made with the indie games I would buy.

I would own like 10 more bundles if Indie Royale didn't remove their preorder thing lol. I think I have only bought like 2 of their bundles since they removed that, and I know full well I would have preordered every single one of them lol.

I am curious to see what humble indie brings for their next full bundle. There are still a number of indie publishers that haven't been in a bundle yet that deserve to be, and a number of japanese indie publishers that have popped up in the last few years that could also make things interesting.

I do wonder if they put together a bundle of stuff like
Gundemonium Collection
eXceed Collection
Ys Oath
Analogue: A Hate Story (not japanese but visual novel style is rather japanese like)
Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale

where everything is Japanese like, how it would sell.
PS: I am not saying that bundle is even possible to put together, but those were the games that have an indie tag on steam that came to mind first when I was putting together a japanese like bundle in my head lol.

Roto13

Oh god, that Laxius Force thing looks awful. Like some Deviant Art users got together and collaborated on an RPG Maker game.

zulux21

Oh god, that Laxius Force thing looks awful. Like some Deviant Art users got together and collaborated on an RPG Maker game.

I agree, and yet I still bought the bundle for that because I am that much of a sucker for turn based rpgs on the PC lol

Roto13

I bought the bundle because Zero Gear looks like it might possibly be fun. But I have no idea. I've never even heard of it before.

plc268

I bought the bundle because Zero Gear looks like it might possibly be fun. But I have no idea. I've never even heard of it before.

Unless something has changed, Zero Gear's multiplayer is dead. Yea, you could race offline, I guess, but there's no fun to that.

And even when there were people online, the games netcode is laughably bad. Your controls have an input lag. The control inputs are sent to the server first, where then your kart moves, so your ability to turn in the game depends how good your ping is.

That totally killed the game for me.

Roto13

Unless something has changed, Zero Gear's multiplayer is dead. Yea, you could race offline, I guess, but there's no fun to that.

And even when there were people online, the games netcode is laughably bad. Your controls have an input lag. The control inputs are sent to the server first, where then your kart moves, so your ability to turn in the game depends how good your ping is.

That totally killed the game for me.

For what little I paid, if I get just a bit of fun out of it offline, I'm totally ok.

Had a go of Zero gear, I'd really love a nice online kart game similar to Gunbound in the kind of mayhem and fun you could have, but this doesn't seem to be it.

I was wondering why when I pressed left it wouldn't turn then suddenly I'd veer left, I guess that's the input lag mentioned above. It's a pity cause it looks like it has potential to be a bit of fun.

zulux21

the new indie royale is up
67a388abc5ec46d884d8361.png

zulux21

indie gala 8 is up
Dangerous Waters
Battle Mages: Sign Of Darkness
Sentinel 3:Homeworld
Superstars V8 Racing

Pay More than $4.99 & get these games too!

Ghost Master
Dark Fall: Lost Souls
Achtung Panzer: Operation Star
Space Empires V
Sacred Gold
+ 3 Bonus Games

Prophane33

indie gala 8 is up
Dangerous Waters
Battle Mages: Sign Of Darkness
Sentinel 3:Homeworld
Superstars V8 Racing

Pay More than $4.99 & get these games too!

Ghost Master
Dark Fall: Lost Souls
Achtung Panzer: Operation Star
Space Empires V
Sacred Gold
+ 3 Bonus Games

Have any of the bonus games been leaked, like Indie Gala 7? Already grabbed it, but curious what I'm going to be getting.

Wok

Kaptain Brawe: A Brawe New World was part of the current Be Mine 4 indie bundle, but they replaced it with another game because of the Steam and gamergate promotions. I just received the bundle as a gift so I luckily already have the game. I haven't played it yet, but it looks neat!

If you have bought the bemine4 bundle before, you may have both games.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I would expect HIB #6 to be released this week.

Looking at the release schedule, they usually do it around the middle of the month. But its usually not another Humble Bundle but a "Humble Debut Bundle" of some kind.

I just want it released so I can plan my own game release. Don't want to be steamrolled by HiB!

Lafazar

New indie music bundle, "iGame Music Bundle ", like the name says it's focused on iPhone/iPad soundtracks:
http://www.gamemusicbundle.com/

For 1$ you get:
  • Horn Original Soundtrack by Austin Wintory
  • Squids 2 Wild West by Romain Gauthier
  • Puzzlejuice Original Soundtrack by Big Giant Circles
  • Globulous Original Soundtrack by zircon and Jeff Ball
  • Organ Trail Director's Cut OST by Ben Crossbones

Above 10$ you get FLAC format and additionally the following soundtracks:
  • Aliens Incursion Original Soundtrack by elmobo
  • Wyv and Keep Original Soundtrack by Luke Thomas
  • Flight of Angels Splice OST by Dain Saint
  • Mecho Wars HD Original Soundtrack by Sean Beeson
  • Polymer Original Soundtrack by Whitaker Trebella
  • iBlast Moki 2 Original Soundtrack by Romain Gauthier

Additional Unlocks:
  • 4560 sales to unlock Super Stickman Golf Original Soundtrack by Whitaker Trebella
  • 7060 sales to unlock Happy Street Original Soundtrack by Romain Gauthier

Sony has a bundle of pretty good PS Minis for PS3/PSP/Vita:

Beatshapers Indie Minis (Bundle) ($6.99)

We are proudly presents an Indie Games bundle with create titles from famous independent game makers:
Wizorb – hard alloy of breaking bricks and RPG elements in a single game!
Canabalt – an officially licensed version of the runaway hit game.
Enigmo – unique award winning 3D puzzle game.
Galcon Labs – high-paced galactic arcade-strategy game.
BreakQuest – new concept interactive physics based break-out game.
ESRB: E10+ // File Size: 106.6 MB

Wok

Looking at the release schedule, they usually do it around the middle of the month. But its usually not another Humble Bundle but a "Humble Debut Bundle" of some kind.

I just want it released so I can plan my own game release. Don't want to be steamrolled by HiB!

For Debut bundles, there was no number in the registry, here it is clearly HIB #6. I feel it will be released in 12 hours.

Maybe this is a hint:

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
You know, Steam for Linux Beta is in the Registry now. Maybe they would do a tie in with that, since all the main Humble Bundles have had Linux support.

NewFresh

IndieFort Bundle

Info: http://www.ludocraft.com/games/airb...0-great-indie-titles-including-airbuccaneers/

Gamersgate Exclusive +DRM Free

Games in bundle:

A Sirius Game
Black Market - demo
Blue Libra
Cardinal Quest
Dark Scavenger
Girl with a Heart of
Hacker Evolution Franchise
Influence
Orbitron: Revolution
Project Black Sun
Runemaster
Shepherd Slaughter
Star Prospecto
Survivors of Ragnarök
Telepath RPG: Servants of God
Three Dead Zed
Tiny and Big: Grandpa’s Leftovers
Will Fight for Food
Zombie Football Carnage

Trailer

3 games for 4 USD,
6 games for 7 USD,
9 games for 9 USD,
or ALL GAMES FOR INSANELY LOW PRICE OF X USD!

The bundle starts in a few min, I think. It is slated for Monday, Sept 10th

Duriii

Yeah, I want to take Air Buccaneers HD, Tiny & Big and something else like Delusibeta, but I have no idea what else could it be. Any good suggestions for something, that's not an RPG or just a crappy game?

SparkTR

Yeah, I want to take Air Buccaneers HD, Tiny & Big and something else like Delusibeta, but I have no idea what else could it be. Any good suggestions for something, that's not an RPG or just a crappy game?

I hear Orbitron is pretty good.

Top Bottom