• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indie Bundle Thread - There's another one?

I didn't really have much interest in the Gala bundle when it went live. Still, I've been meaning to check out a King's Bounty game for a while and I fancied playing a little X-Com & figured that Afterlight would satisfy that urge until Sid Meier's reboot hits the shelves, so what the hell...

...and I haven't actually played any X-Com or Armored Princess yet because I've been so tied up with Star Wolves, despite the fact that I'd never even heard of it until a few days ago. It's more than a little rough around the edges (the localisation is entertainingly woeful) but, if you've a Homeworld itch you need to scratch, it's definitey worth checking out.

I've only dabbled briefly, but the two Death to Spies games look quite promising, if you're the patient type which, generally, I am. Initial impressions are that they're a little like a hardcore Hitman game, with something of a Commandos vibe to them. Once again, I had no clue that these games even existed.

Even Rig'n'Roll seems like it might be a little less dreadful than I'd expected - I'd figured that it was just a godawful trucking simulator but, from what I can tell, Grand Theft Trucker might be a little nearer the mark (okay, maybe a little exaggeration with that, but there's definitely more to it than I'd imagined).

I haven't had a chance to look at Theatre of War, Reign or Space Rangers yet.

Incidentally, if anyone's wondering, all the games have their own Steam key, except the two Death to Spies titles, which are bundled together.

I wonder if anyone else experiences this, that all of the unwanted games in that bundle (for me) put me off buying it for a game that's easily worth that price. It makes it just too hard for me to justify that bundle just for Armored Princess. I guess coming on the wake of the big steam sale further adds to the tightness of my wallet at the moment.

Roto13

I wonder if anyone else experiences this, that all of the unwanted games in that bundle (for me) put me off buying it for a game that's easily worth that price. It makes it just too hard for me to justify that bundle just for Armored Princess. I guess coming on the wake of the big steam sale further adds to the tightness of my wallet at the moment.

Yeah, I only want Death to Spies 1 and 2 but I can't be bothered to pay the $7.50 for them. :p

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I only have King's Bounty, but I'll let someone else grab a gift key since the only thing I'm interested in is Star Wolves.

EDIT: heh, I didn't see the time on your post. Not a lot of interest I guess.

I have an extra Star Wolves from another pack I believe. I'll PM you the key.

Bentendo

For the Indie Gala bundle there are three secret gifts that are supposed to unlock after the second week if you payed enough money. Hasn't it been two weeks now and, if so, how do I get the secrets if I HAVE payed over that amount?

http://www.indieroyale.com/

The Gone Fishin' Bundle is live!

Sol: Exodus - Suit up and take on the role of the Lieutenant Commander, ace fighter pilot and 2nd in command of the UCS Atlas, as you search for a new home, battle a mysterious enemy, and rescue humanity from a fiery end.

In SOL: Exodus, you'll blast your way through eight missions using a variety of weapons, interact with key characters from the SOL universe through full recorded dialogue, and face near-impossible odds. Are you up to the challenge?

Built by a team of six indie developers in Austin, TX, SOL has been hailed by the Escapist as a “solid” game that “revitalizes a defunct genre”, praised by MMGN, who called it “a triumph for indie games everywhere” and lauded by Destructoid for “a superlative amount of content and refinement compared to many so-called ‘triple-A’ productions that sell for six times that amount”.

SOL has also been recommended by G4TV's X-Play, and now features RealD(tm) 3D, the first game to utilize the cinema 3D technology.

All Zombies Must Die! - Reload your shotgun, sharpen your sword and rev that chainsaw; Deadhill town is teeming with zombies, and it’s your job to put ‘em down! The fate of humanity rests in the hands of four unlikely heroes: Jack, the gamer; Rachel, the girl; Brian, the geek; and Luxo, the alien. Go it alone, or enlist the services of up to three like-minded chums to survive the zombie apocalypse.

The spiritual successor to Burn Zombie Burn!, AZMD! builds on the classic twin-stick shooter formula with a smattering of role-playing features. Level up characters, complete side quests and collect items to craft deadly new weapons. There’s no shortage of options in how you choose to dispose of the undead, but the brain-chompers aren’t going to take it lying down. The shuffling cadavers come in varying shapes and sizes, and are affected by four environmental modifiers; fire, radiation, sonic and shock. Use your weapons and the environment carefully, and you might just make it out in one piece.

Cubemen - Fast paced, Action packed, original 3D Tower Defense mixed with RTS! Get ready for some crazy Cubemen action!

It’s the age old struggle between Good vs Bad, Blue vs Red, Little men vs Little men. Use your own little Cubemen to defend your base from other little Cubemen that are trying to run it over. It’s the usual story, but with many very interesting twists.

Play a purely defense game in various modes on a sweet selection of levels, or go into Skirmish mode and play a new type of TD game against either the computer or another human opponent. That’s right.. Two way REAL-TIME TD against the computer or a real person!

There are no static towers, just little men! Spawn your little Cubemen with orders to get to a certain location to attack or defend. You can move your Cubemen around the board at any time or click on an enemy to target them.

It’s TD like you’ve never seen or experienced before. Grab it now!

Squids - SQUIDS is a unique mix of action strategy and RPG: build your team of heroes for epic turn-based battles against corrupted crabs and shrimps! Steev, Vahine and the rest of the Squids are in danger! An infectious black ooze is corrupting their world. Only a few heroes can fight back and save their lush underwater kingdoms! Recruit a small army of stretchy Squids and lead them into turn-based battles against the dark hordes.

"The adorable spawn of Angry Birds and Final Fantasy Tactics" -The Escapist
"From the gameplay to the graphics to the sound, everything here is pitch-perfect." - GameZebo (5/5)
"A kinetic, clean, charming, and particularly streamlined entry that has a ton of character, fun, and unique constructs to share." - Touch Arcade
"SQUIDS is the game I was waiting for since the creation of the App Store. A master piece." -ApplicationiPhone

Platformance: Castle Pain - Can you save the princess ? Will you get to the end of Castle Pain ? As an heavily armored knight you must succeed in various challenging platform goodness: Slalom between bird droppings, avoid giant fireballs, flee from the ghost, escape a giant octopus, brave blood thirsty bats and much more... Let the quest begin!

Platformance: Temple Death - While filming her latest movie, famous starlet Grace Belly gets abducted by a sect of evil savages. You decide to go and rescue her down the 'Temple Death'- a place filled with evil traps where only the fools can survive. -- Warning: Fun platformer ahead! Contains lots of deadly traps, scoreboards, rewards, flopwards, 3 difficulty modes. Can you finish the Insane mode?!?!

Also includes VectorGeddon in its PC debut along with art book and soundtrack for Sol: Exodus. Hit the minimum of $8 and unlock the album Pocustone by Floex.

Squids is an amazing game on iOS. The PC version might be jacked, I dunno. But it it is a solid port job then I can't recommend that highly enough. This bundle is super appealing to me, it is pretty much all games which I had a vague interest in but not enough to splash out full price. Definitely gonna pick it up.

Crub

The music and the visuals of Squids are top notch. Sadly the gameplay isn't as good.

Played on my mobile phone it is an alright game. Can't see myself playing it on the PC though (except maybe once, just to see how good it looks on a big screen).

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
What do you get for owning 5 bundles with Royale? I've got 4 but I haven't seen a bundle I want since.

• 5 - Chiptopia Album.
  • 10 - Super Space Rubbish game (Desura) + OST.
  • 15 - Fireball game (Desura)

That's as far as I've gotten. So basically, junk.

Squids is an amazing game on iOS. The PC version might be jacked, I dunno. But it it is a solid port job then I can't recommend that highly enough. This bundle is super appealing to me, it is pretty much all games which I had a vague interest in but not enough to splash out full price. Definitely gonna pick it up.

Hah, I've had the iOS version of Squids for quite awhile now and have yet to play it. :-\

Nice to see the Platformance games included. I've been wanting to play those.

All Zombies Must Die is great. Reminds me of Zombies Ate My Neighbors. Going to try out the platformance titles tonight.

Pretty decent bundle.

This hasn't been posted yet?

Summerbatch Volume 1
Five bundle exclusive games:
Barely Floating (Stemshock Interactive)
Jailbreak(Virtual Illusion)
Nancy The Happy Whore (Technocrat Games)
Patchwork (Ivan Ulyanov)
Piss (Ben Chandler)
(Check the bundle link for description of each game)

Pay what you want (Paypal, minimum of £0.50)

Charity-supported (for every £500 raised, £50 goes to SpecialEffect)

Anyone interested in point and click adventures should definitely check this bundle out. Haven't had the time to go through the game yet myself, but looking at the site there seems to definitely be some interesting games on display here.

plc268

If they aren't redeemable on steam IDC.

Sadly, I'm the same way. The indie royale bundles have pretty done away with steam keys. Maybe only one or two games per bundle have them.

And I'll be damned if I use that atrocious desura client. Good god is that client user unfriendly...

Bulzeeb

Sadly, I'm the same way. The indie royale bundles have pretty done away with steam keys. Maybe only one or two games per bundle have them.

And I'll be damned if I use that atrocious desura client. Good god is that client user unfriendly...

I usually keep the desura keys and gift the steam keys, I actually don't find the client bad

Kuroyume

Banned
Cubemen is a decent tower defense game. Nothing special. Got it for cheap from the steam summer sale. If I wasn't so distracted by Wrath of Lamb I'd go back to it. The dev is apparently working on a map creator for it.

Man, I don't like that indie bundles have gone from being about supporting developers/charity to literally just be about getting steam games for cheap.

No wonder people having backlogs with hundred of games, when they don't care what they play as long as its discounted.

RetroGreg

I finally installed Desura after purchasing almost 15 of the indie royale bundles. I have a huge list of games on there now. It's mostly nice for the ones that aren't on Steam. The client seems ok to me. No troubles so far and I can find what I am looking for.

Tess3ract

Banned

No they haven't. They still have tons of steam keys.

Speevy

Banned
The indie gala point store is ridiculous.

Hey guys, pay more than you bought these games for with us by using the arbitrary points we assigned to the bundles you bought!

Platy

oooh thanks !

If they have a new steam key for the bonus content this means that the bonus will not be the previous bundle ? =/

zulux21

I would like Spirits to be on Steam and Windows.

well with the other android bundles all the games were steam games as well with some bonuses handed out that were windows downloads as well as android version.

it's not unheard of for games to get a steam release at the same time as a bundle comes out.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Humble Bundle Android 3 is live.

http://www.humblebundle.com/

XShha.png

Bamihap

Good at being the bigger man
Another bundle! This time from us :p

I have a pretty cool announcement to make. We, Stolen Couch Games, are doing a bundle too! The bundle highlights great games that were previously rejected by steam. Which is insane since these games are really really good. 8 games + some soundtracks and bonus content .. Pay what you want.

These games will be on Steam Greenlight too. So if you rate them there there is a big chance they will be on the Steam Store sometime soon. If that happens every buyer will get steam keys too.

The Green Light Bundle launches August 23rd! on www.greenlightbundle.com

The Green Light Bundle launches August 23rd with 8 celebrated games as a ‘pay what you want’ sale

August 20th, 2012, Utrecht, The Netherlands

The Green Light Bundle puts eight great indie games into one bundle. Gamers can decide for themselves what price they are willing to pay for this bundle. The developers are doing so in the hope that their games will soon be available on the Steam Store.

The Green Light Bundle launches on August 23rd, exactly one week prior to the community driven approval system Steam Greenlight (TM) goes live. With Steam Greenlight gamers can vote for games they want to be made available on the Steam Store. By showcasing these amazing games the games will get the exposure needed to kickstart their Steam Greenlight (TM) campaign, and thus increasing their chances of getting onto the Steam Store. Everybody wins!

More about The Green Light Bundle
The Green Light Bundle celebrates the launch of Steam Greenlight (TM) by making these games available for both PC & Mac. The bundle is an initiative by Stolen Couch Games. Like many other developers they too have had trouble trying to get their games onto Steam. The launch of Steam Greenlight (TM) gives every developer an equal chance of getting their games onto the Steam Store. With the Green Light Bundle we want to highlight some amazing games not yet available on Steam. As mentioned before the Green Light Bundle contains eight great indie games:

icon.png
icon.png
icon.png
icon.png
icon.png
icon.png
icon.png
icon.png

• Ichi by Stolen Couch Games. Ichi is an easy to play but challenging one button puzzle game. Don't be deceived by the game’s simplistic look, it’s a brain twister for sure!
  • Paper Monsters by Crescent Moon Games. Dive into the world of Paper Monsters and watch a living world made out of paper, cardboard, and a few cotton balls unfold right before your eyes. Paper Monsters takes all of the classic 2d platforming elements, combines them with cutting edge graphics.
  • Muffin Knight by AngryMob Games. Muffin Knight is an action-packed platformer with stunning visuals and a myriad of fairytale characters, each with their own unique abilities which gain strength as you advance.
  • Guerrilla Bob by AngryMob Games. Get your finger on the trigger and prepare to fire! Guerrilla Bob is an action-packed shooter game with stunning visuals, plenty of kick-a*s weaponry, unique enemies, explosive ammunition and non-stop humor.
  • Samurai II Vengeance by Madfinger games. Become a wandering samurai in the ancient Japan during chaotic times of war. As Daisuke Shimada set yourself on a quest for revenge across the war-scorched countryside. From a seafaring village to a flying fortress to the legendary Isle of the Dead, the samurai will stop at nothing to hunt down his arch-enemy Orochi.
  • Syder Arcade by Studio Evil. Syder Arcade is a multi directional side scroller shoot ‘em up. A love letter to early 90’ games for the Amiga and PC. It’s an uncompromised old-school experience, a furious, challenging action game that will bring the player back in time, when games were all about skill and perseverance.
  • Dino Run SE by PixelJam. Strap on those raptor feet, grab your hat and get ready to out run doom in this prehistoric racing game.
  • Gunman Clive by Bertil Hörberg. In the year of 18XX, the west is overrun by thugs and outlaws. A group of bandits have kidnapped Mayor Johnsons daughter and are spreading havok across the land. Only Gunman Clive can bring order to the west and save the girl!

The Green Light Fund
A percentage of the revenue from the bundle will be made available to the Green Light Fund. This fund is meant to support struggling talented developers by using the money to partially finance the development of their games. This will help ensure the development of even more great indie games in the future. Developers can apply through the Green Light Bundle website.

For more information check out these sources
Facebook: www.facebook.com/greenlightbundle
Twitter: www.twitter.com/stolencouch
Press information: www.stolencouchgames.com/press

logo.png

Wok

maybe you mentioned it and I didn't see it but I figure I will ask. Since the goal of the bundle is to help them get on steam, will buyers of the bundle get steam codes if a game gets on steam?

Come on! I quote it for you.

Another bundle! This time from us :p

[...]

These games will be on Steam Greenlight too. So if you rate them there there is a big chance they will be on the Steam Store sometime soon. If that happens every buyer will get steam keys too.

[...]

Top Bottom