• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indie devs comment on Xbox One

MarkusRJR

shit, my car has a radio. I want to drive, not listen to music!
If a car company unveiled their new car and ended up spending 1/2 the announcement talking about the radio/CD player and only offhandedly mention the actual performance/design of the car I'm pretty sure they'd get treated just like MS right now.

ReaperXL7

Has there been any information on if MS is going to drop patching fees atleast? Right now it seems that if they show up at the build conference they will either be booed out of the building, or sit and watch Sony talk to developers.....seems like they could use some lessons there.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=563141

Independent publisher and developer Curve have announced a focus on PlayStation 4 development next generation and are offering a range of bespoke publishing services to indie developers looking to the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita as an alternative to the lack of independent support currently announced from Microsoft and the Xbox One.

“XBLA was a trailblazer last generation, so it’s sad to see Microsoft not announcing dedicated support for independent developers on the Xbox One.” said Managing Director Jason Perkins, who started his own game development career as an independent developer on the Commodore 64.

Jason added, “Refusing to concentrate on easier submissions and discoverability leaves the way clear for Sony to capture the most innovative market in gaming right now.”

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=563141

Independent publisher and developer Curve have announced a focus on PlayStation 4 development next generation and are offering a range of bespoke publishing services to indie developers looking to the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita as an alternative to the lack of independent support currently announced from Microsoft and the Xbox One.

“XBLA was a trailblazer last generation, so it’s sad to see Microsoft not announcing dedicated support for independent developers on the Xbox One.” said Managing Director Jason Perkins, who started his own game development career as an independent developer on the Commodore 64.

Jason added, “Refusing to concentrate on easier submissions and discoverability leaves the way clear for Sony to capture the most innovative market in gaming right now.”

These types of announcements only further gain Sony the mindshare of the indie crowd. It also proves that the strategy Sony has taken with indies is paying off. I don't doubt that there will be indie content on the Xbone, but it appears that the vast majority of it will be on the PS4. (as far as consoles are concerned)

Ridley327

Not one mention of Nintendo from these indie devs?

There's only two mentions of the PS4 from the devs in the OP, and that's supposedly the indie gaming haven!

Indie gaming is doomed.

Real reply: when someone is asked about a specific platform, they tend to focus their answers on that one.

Top Bottom