• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indie Games 2014 [April] Now Voting - Post 542!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Capsule is on Steam now, currently on sale for $3.99
Toma said:
A video where I decided not to talk much, and I think that was a good decision in this case. The game has a very simple design, art and mechanics wise, but still manages to create an engaging whole which is kinda impressive. The most interesting part is definitely the audio which helps bringing the completely abstract game to life, be it through static noise, your own breathing or sounds of bypassing convoys and hazards. Very effective. I sort of expected the game to be a one trick pony about sound, but the gameplay mechanics actually support the overal style very well. There is a genuine sense of discovery with your sensor and that you are exploring parts of the universe that possibly hold danger is helping the solitary feeling quite nicely.

I am still a bit torn how much I like it, because its still a rather simple game, but the way these parts were strung together effectively and the way they tell about the surroundings and the emotional state is quite interesting. Going to land somewhere between Highly recommended and recommended at the end of the month depending on how much the game is still playing with that concept before it ends.
So do you end up still enjoying the game (if you finished it)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom