• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indie Games [November] Now Voting - Post 720!

Anyone know when this is planned for release? If it turns out well I'm happy to buy it, but not interested in beta testing.
Broforce may be a beta but it doesn't feel like a beta. The core foundation is there and really solid and has a lot of content already. Now it's more that stuff is being added rather than the game is still in its infancy and barely playable like some betas

Acccent

Sorry, this is a repost from the steam thread, but I figured it might be more at home here:

When you buy the FrenchCows bundle (or season, whatever they want to call it), you get a code that other people can use to get 10% off (and each person who uses it gives you a further 1% off the next bundle's price, on top of the 20% you get from simply buying the first season).

My code is 4bd46c4d61 if anyone wants to use it, but really, I only bought it because it's the french indie scene and I just can't not get it, I think it's unbelievable that they'd ask 15€ for free games. But if you're feeling generous and supportive, by all means go for it.

Here's the website

I'll post here if noteworthy stuff happens in the "community" they apparently intend to build, but right now it looks like only the games' devs are in their forums (which are barely functional)

Yeah I'm pissed

Ashodin

We just posted our stretch goals for APEXICON (funding is surging up from the depths)

86ffc604a5cee7a1d890dc24070d8618_large.png

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
We just posted our stretch goals for APEXICON (funding is surging up from the depths)

You are such a tease with your stretch goals. All of them sound great, kinda hoping you can integrate some of them post release if you dont end up finding the full funds.

Are these a "either fund the stretch goal or it wont happen at all" situation, or might you look at the other stretch goals depending on how the game is selling for post game content/dlc?

Ashodin

You are such a tease with your stretch goals. All of them sound great, kinda hoping you can integrate some of them post release if you dont end up finding the full funds.

Are these a "either fund the stretch goal or it wont happen at all" situation, or might you look at the other stretch goals depending on how the game is selling for post game content/dlc?

basically, if the goals are met, we will have the ability to fully flesh them out as we want. If they're not met, I'll be pushing for the most wanted of them all and work on that insteead.

Moobabe

Sensible stretch goals as well - the best kind!

Rather than the speculative - $1,000,000 CONSOLE VERSION EXTRA CHARACTERS AND BRAND NEW GAME ENGINE PLUS FREE HANDJOBS!

I hate those stretch goals I do

Thanks for your input on Zomboid, people. Much appreciated.
I have Zomboid and I enjoyed what I played a lot...when I get it to run. I don't know it is, but half the time, game either doesn't start or it literally takes five minutes to get to the game after the opening text or I just get a black screen

Sensible stretch goals as well - the best kind!

Rather than the speculative - $1,000,000 CONSOLE VERSION EXTRA CHARACTERS AND BRAND NEW GAME ENGINE PLUS FREE HANDJOBS!

I hate those stretch goals I do
But...dude, it's free handjobs. How could you resist :p

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
basically, if the goals are met, we will have the ability to fully flesh them out as we want. If they're not met, I'll be pushing for the most wanted of them all and work on that insteead.

Great work on the KS update frequency btw. I know it takes a lot of effort to stay in touch with your backers (or even answering our stupid questions :p).

Ashodin

Great work on the KS update frequency btw. I know it takes a lot of effort to stay in touch with your backers (or even answering our stupid questions :p).

My biggest biggest thing I love about developers who do this is how much they care about their fans and those who support them. Just talking with them on the level is a big deal to me, and I want to start out swinging.

daydream

Banned
Interstellaria looks amazing, I hope it gets funded.

Windforge on the other hand, I'm not sure. The art is kind of all over the place and so is the gameplay from the little they have shown. I've been iffy on these overly complex gameplay equations for a while now, especially when Minecraft is involved. (Also, steampunk.) Regardless, I wish the devs good luck.

So, even with a worse title, Nuclear Throne is pretty great. Very fluid and heated gameplay, clever character designs and that roguelike addictiveness make this an easy recommendation.

Btw I think the Beta offer for Dog Sled Saga has expired. Any impressions? Maybe it would be better suited for the December thread.

So it seems like a Path of Shadows Kickstarter will be happening

They emailed me back, said they're crunching numbers and working with a publisher who will help with promotion, distribution, localization, etc

Lamptramp

Pretty sensible stretch goals matey, like the new game plus class mix idea too, best of luck going forward. From a selfish PoV have you considered tweeting Shahid Ahmad from Sony about possibilities of getting it on Vita, Been stuck in a hotel for three days with work and would have loved such an experience on the small screen.

Despite being in Liverpool* though the time away from home was great in that I was able to enjoy the alpha of Rimworld some more. I've been really enjoying such games resurgence, and though I'm looking forward to Prison Architect as well that feeling of building a colony on a random planet is just that little more appealing to me.

I kid, I kid, some of it is actually quite nice ;)

Burt

Interference is up on Indiegogo with a new demo. They've put in checkpoints, fast respawns, and added some bonus levels that were early concepts, which has made it play a ton better than the old "die and restart" demo.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Desktop Dungeons just hit Steam. Completely forgot about this game after playing an alpha build years ago.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Also, Neocolonialism is out! Still sitting in Steam Greenlight though.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/11/07/arrest-the-president-neocolonialism-is-out-now/

Just as Soren Johnson founds a company to produce competitive, economy-driven strategy games, along comes Neocolonialism. It’s a turn-based, competitive strategy game about dominating the planet through economic means: by buying votes, extracting wealth via factories and mines, and backstabbing your opponents.

I’ve just had a quick go of it, and it seems very smart. It took me about 20 minutes to blast through the texty tutorials, and the basic mechanics seem straightforward enough. Each match is made of 12 turns, and each of those happens in 3 stages. The first involves buying votes in different regions of the world, like Europe or Central Asia, and electing players as Prime Minsters of those regions. The second stage involves Prime Minsters proposing policies, like the building of factories and mines, and players voting on those decisions to reject or ratify them. The third stage sees one player – everyone gets a turn – take control of the International Monetary Fund and respond, or not, to a region’s disaster. The aim is to have the most money in your Swiss bank account by the end of the game.

Wok

Morphopolis is released. The game costs $10. This is the email which I have received.

Hello

We are very happy to announce the release of Morphopolis - our first hidden object adventure game, is now available for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS and Blackberry.

http://mcro.org/morphopolis

Set in a luscious insect microcosm Morphopolis incorporates themes of transformation and discovery. We were inspired by games such as Machinarium and the Tiny Bang Story and in the same manner hope to have created a game with a wide appeal. To complete Morphopolis players must search for hidden objects, unlock and complete mini puzzles and explore many unique scenes. A musical score reflecting the pace and narrative of the game was specially created for the game and we hope that players will enjoy losing themselves in the captivating world we have created.

A unique hand drawn art style was developed for Morphopolis and the game has been awarded the New Talent Design winner by the Association of Illustrators in recognition of the "highly original visual language". We've been delighted with all the feedback on the game so far and are excited to be finally releasing the game today.

The game is developed by small independent studio Micro Macro and created by just one programmer and one artist over 16 months. Based in Leamington Spa, Micro Macro create beautiful and simple indie games.

Please find a press release including more details of the game below and don't hesitate to get in touch if you would like any further information.

All the best,

Dan and Ceri
Micro Macro Games

7th November 2013, Leamington Spa: Indie Studio Micro Macro launch their latest game for iOS, Android, BlackBerry, Windows and Mac.

Initially inspired by games like Year Walk, Machinarium and The Tiny Bang Story, Morphopolis has been crafted by two architects, giving the game a strong visual aesthetic and unique gameplay perspective.

Micro Macro founder Dan Walters says “We love playing games like Device 6, they appeal to our inquisitive minds. With Morphopolis we wanted to create a game that we would enjoy playing, but also reflected our architectural training. We think the lessons we learnt apply just as much to the digital space as the physical one, and give us a unique voice in such a competitive genre.”

The beautiful art style uses intricate line drawings and ink wash techniques, that draw on the colouring style of 60s and 70s posters; blending the style of Martin Sharp with the work of illustrators like Edmund Dulac and Maxfield Parrish. This attention to detail creates a charming and magical world for the players to explore.

Game Artist Ceri Williams said “There has been a great deal of debate recently about whether games can be art. We believe that this runs much deeper than just aesthetic choices, but about how the experience makes the player feel. We have worked hard on how we combine the illustration style, specially composed music, and player interactions to create an immersive experience where players can lose themselves.”

Set for simultaneous release on: Windows 8, Android, iOS, Windows Phone 8, Blackberry and Kindle Fire, with a Steam version to follow ( http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=168032747&searchtext=morphopolis). Morphopolis has been created over the past 10 months, by just two developers. Together they have had crafted more than 25 hidden object sets, 16 scenes, and many more mini puzzles for players to solve. Available from 7th November $3.99 for mobile versions and $9.99 for the multi-platform pack including desktop and android. Morphopolis will also be available for PC & Mac via mcro.org.

About Morphopolis

Morphopolis is a visually stunning point and click adventure which takes the player on a lucid and fantastical journey of transformation and discovery. Play the role of an aphid grub and embark on an epic adventure of metamorphosis. Explore and interact with beautifully illustrated scenes to find hidden objects and solve puzzles.

Morphopolis was the Design New Talent winner of the prestigious Association of Illustrators Awards. Following a month long exhibition at Somerset House in London the award show is now touring nationally.

Biographies

Dan Walters studied architecture for 6 years at Cardiff then later at Cambridge, but has always been passionate about game development, teaching himself to program at the age of 13. His passion for games eventually lead him to become a graphics programmer for an established developer. Dan devotes his spare time to developing innovative games under the banner of indie studio Micro Macro.

Ceri Williams is an architectural designer and illustrator based in London. In addition to working and teaching with Toh Shimazaki Architecture Ceri has completed installation projects for Virgin Records, The Victoria & Albert Museum and the Royal College of Art alongside working part time with Asif Khan Studio. Morphopolis is his first video game project and he has been able to use the composition and spatial skills learnt in architecture to develop the game narrative and sequence of scenes.

Hofmann

I wish NaissanceE would ditch those hard platforming parts and focus more on an undisturbed exploration, following in Kairo's footsteps, but it still sounds amazing nonetheless: http://indiestatik.com/2013/11/06/naissancee-2/.
NaissanceE really is like wandering through an abstract version of Blame!, but it’s also much more than just that, too. I’ve struggled to find the words to describe it, but hopefully, the visuals make up for that in some part. I’ve found it to be quite an incredible, beautiful, clever and unique game.

Ashodin

I'm in talks with

• Interstellaria
  • Hyper Light Drifter
  • Bloom
  • Battle Worlds: Kronos

to get some promotion for APEXICON, as well as cameos and such in our game. Score!

Cross-posting in case people missed out on me recommending Super Trench Attack in last month's voting. No demo, but it's well worth it for the price.

Super Trench Attack - Where has this isometric goofy WW 1, Metal Slug-tinged, oh-so-British levels of hilarity of a game been my whole life?! Immediately bought and have put 2 hours into it. Not only headshots, but there are footshots and barenaked monkeys. When you melee an enemy, they drop their pants. If you knife a big dude, he's also wearing a bra. How much more of a silly anti-macho parody do you need?
iC944XhWds60N.gif

ixrVvxXNAJtnL.gif

ibuACqCWGH4gPJ.gif

ib0ZghITj1c8MW.gif

Even dying is funny
iRQehrBxVT70d.gif

I'm in talks with

• Interstellaria
  • Hyper Light Drifter
  • Bloom
  • Battle Worlds: Kronos

to get some promotion for APEXICON, as well as cameos and such in our game. Score!
Cool! Those would be some awesome crossovers

And talking HLD, the Paradise Lost guys are looking to do a crossover with Hyper Light Drifter as well

Okay, remember a month or two ago, when I was all interested in making a game? And then abandoned that?

At the time, it was a spur of the moment thing, no plans, no ideas, but now I actually have a cool concept that I want to try.

Equalizer Rush and it would be like that classic Flash helicopter game but the top, bottom, and obstacles of the "caverns" would be made of the equalizer bars that move to the music you play.

What do you think? Too complex or hard for someone to make with one of the free programs like Stencyl, etc.?

Okay, remember a month or two ago, when I was all interested in making a game? And then abandoned that?

At the time, it was a spur of the moment thing, no plans, no ideas, but now I actually have a cool concept that I want to try.

Equalizer Rush and it would be like that classic Flash helicopter game but the top, bottom, and obstacles of the "caverns" would be made of the equalizer bars that move to the music you play.

What do you think? Too complex or hard for someone to make with one of the free programs like Stencyl, etc.?

Do you have any experience in programming? I think you may found more answers in the Indie Development Thread.

Hofmann

Nice. Risk of Rain, Path of Shadows, Airscape are there. Going to have to dig through the list
Took a quick glance and here are some of my findings:

4PM
13876_721205811228314_1284096847_n.jpg

http://www.4pmgame.com/

4PM is an experiential drama game, where you lead a character through several different scenes/locations during a day, each with its own, unique gameplay, adding to a bigger story, culminating at the end of the day with an impacting, meaningful choice.

Shattered
shattered_poster.jpg

http://yuryschicker.com/games.html

A revolutionary Jump'N'Run with an epic storyline, 3D worlds and beautifully designed camera perspectives.

Celestia - Demo (Mac)
celestia04.jpg

http://vocalcelestia.wordpress.com/

Celestia is a vocal interaction music game. Incorporating visualization technique, Celestia uses voice input based on pitch detection as a primary means of control, and provides insight into innovation of vocal interaction.

Yours truly,
557996_650978711589633_1633952833_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/yourstrulydev

3d art project as well as a war analogy about two strange shadows being too different to live at each others' sides despite wanting it. The player slips into the role of the darker one who travels through a world shaped by its memories and thoughts. On its journey, it reflects itself and the relationship to the other one whilst unintentionally destroying the beauty around it.

Lens - Demo
blog_week5_3.png

http://www.lensthegame.com/

Lens is a first person exploration, adventure game made by students at UC Santa Cruz. The game is set in parallel worlds where players interact with both worlds seamlessly through the use of a device known as the lens. The game features compare and contrast gameplay, where players use the lens to look into a world parallel to their own and manipulate objects between these two worlds.

Aku
537069_152864314866135_201815081_n.png

https://www.facebook.com/akuthegame

You are a dragon. You are the world's paintbrush. Reveal the secrets of the world of Aku.

Caravan
Greenshot_2013-05-22_12-27-35-copy.jpg

http://uniworlds.de/portfolio/caravan/

Caravan is a thirdperson game, where the player has to deal with watershortage in a desert, trying to escape with the help of other players. Caravan features what we call massive offline mulptiplayer, which means, every time a player dies, he leaves a grave with little amount of water for others to pick up and continue at that point. By this players play alone as a character, but are always supported by all other players in the game. So caravan is about the experience of achieving something in a group or society with unified will.

Serendipity - Demo
24xLb3lrRSN0pLeseeR4_01_450.jpg

http://serendipitythegame.wix.com/serendipity

SERENDIPITY is an amazing artistic/puzzle game. Dive into an abstract world and discover a unique universe through a surprising journey...

Silence in the Mist - Demo
vy30WXk.jpg

http://inpla.net/thread-5211-1-1.html

This is an adventure game that also has a lot of other element such as maze, act, feeling, puzzle. The music and the enviroment will change by player's action.
And the player must find how to play and feel the game all by himeself. There is an end, the only End. If the end appear, game ends. There are many dead area that will make player cannot approach the End. And if you get there, you have no choice but restart. But the you can get back to sometime before at any time.

The Apocalypse Happened and We're All OK
uHjJM5gQ1WJrL5wxP9As_screenshot1_450.jpg

http://www.igf.com/php-bin/entry2014.php?id=7093

The Apocalypse Happened and We're All OK is a first-person Myst-em-up about islands, oceans, birds, and books. And the magic - now quite literal - that books hold. And how that magic transforms the world.

Top Bottom