• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indie Royale - St. Patrick's Day Bundle [Hard Reset, Jolly Rover + more]

Turnstyle

Only really want Jolly Rover, and it's only £3.99 on steam anyway...

I'll pass this one.

I think.

Will I?

I will.

Hnnngh.

I missed the pre-order, I blame twitter for not working how I thought it would and now that I keep missing the price drops...and it keeps changing currency on me...well, Vertex Dispenser is the only thing that jumps out at me (downloaded the Steam demo coming in at a weight 15 mb) but then I look at my indiebacklog...

Given the activity in this thread I guess others feel the same.

JoseJX

Jolly Rover is better than I thought it would be, it's a pretty well done adventure game and I'm liking it so far!

gotee12

Bought it for Hard Reset.

LOVING it for DLC Quest! It only appears to be about 30 minutes long (spent 15 minutes in it and have unlock half the "awardments") but the numerous DLC tropes are definitely making it a fun little romp.

zulux21

Probably a stupid question, but if I buy this bundle and activate the Desura code for a game, the Steam key can still be usable right?

For the most part the steam codes and desura codes are independent of each other with the indie royal (the desura code is just one code for all of the games included in the bundle redeemable on desura while the steam codes are all individual). The steamworks game such as Dino D day(If I am recalling right) had the steam code tied to the desura code so if you activated the game through desura it still went through steam and made the steam code unusable (since you already used it :p)

If your goal though is to do something like put DLC quest on desura and then hard reset on steam that will work just fine, even though hard reset is included in the desura code. From my past experiences that is how it is at least, as I often just take the desura code for myself (as most people don't use desura) and give the steam codes for the games included with the desura code to my friends who are to cheap to buy the bundle.

The_End

Probably a stupid question, but if I buy this bundle and activate the Desura code for a game, the Steam key can still be usable right?

Yeah, you'll be able to activate both codes on each service. I've done it myself.

It's worth pointing out however, that the Desura code that you get is a unified code for all the games. You enter the code once, and every game from the bundle that is available on desura gets added to your account.

For the games available on Steam though, you get individual keys for each game.

The_End

For the most part the steam codes and desura codes are independent of each other with the indie royal (the desura code is just one code for all of the games included in the bundle redeemable on desura while the steam codes are all individual). The steamworks game such as Dino D day(If I am recalling right) had the steam code tied to the desura code so if you activated the game through desura it still went through steam and made the steam code unusable (since you already used it :p)

If your goal though is to do something like put DLC quest on desura and then hard reset on steam that will work just fine, even though hard reset is included in the desura code. From my past experiences that is how it is at least, as I often just take the desura code for myself (as most people don't use desura) and give the steam codes for the games included with the desura code to my friends who are to cheap to buy the bundle.

Whoa!! Seriously? I activated the Desura code for that bundle but I never used the key to activate Dino D-Day on Steam. Does that mean that key is now useless?

Not that it was any great loss. I almost certainly never would have used the code. But it kinda sucks that I can't even trade it or something now.

zulux21

Whoa!! Seriously? I activated the Desura code for that bundle but I never used the key to activate Dino D-Day on Steam. Does that mean that key is now useless?

Not that it was any great loss. I almost certainly never would have used the code. But it kinda sucks that I can't even trade it or something now.

I can not say for a fact I am correct about dino d day (I am having problems locating my link for that bundle, though it does require steam), but a quick check with the serious sam games shows that the CD key on desura and the steam key they gave me in my link are one of the same, so I think I am remembering correctly... though if you haven't activated dino d-day in general I believe your code would still work, as just obtaining the game on desura doesn't automatically use the code on steam (activating the game on desura through steam would though).

shiptoncraig

Neo Member
Blasted through Jolly Rover in about 4 hours yesterday and DLC Quest today in about 40 minutes. Couple those two games with Hard Reset and the bundle is already worth the asking price.

Bonuses are live.
https://twitter.com/#!/indieroyale/status/181454203594604545 said:
St. Patrick's bonuses live, inc. OST from Hard Reset & Jolly Rover and Boss Fight from Vertex Dispenser: http://www.indieroyale.com

Shame the other games don't have OSTs and the hard reset OST leads to error 404 :(

Edit: Also the hard reset expansion will be free to people who have the game registered on Steam. Not clear if I have to use the key now for that to remain valid...

The_End

Bonuses are live.

Shame the other games don't have OSTs and the hard reset OST leads to error 404 :(

Edit: Also the hard reset expansion will be free to people who have the game registered on Steam. Not clear if I have to use the key now for that to remain valid...

Yeah, I was wondering that myself. I have a tendency to wait until I'm ready to play a game before I redeem the codes for the bundles that I buy. I might have to add Hard Reset right now just to be safe.

Pretty cool of them to offer the free upgrade though.

Top Bottom