• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: First Light |OT| Make Fetch Happen

dock

This is my first Infamous game, and my first PS4 gsme, and so far I'm enjoying it lots.

I wasn't impressed by the first game's demo on PS3, and I recall hating the comics and in game cutscenes, as was as the generic main character.

Fetch is a much cooler character, and very likeable in terms of dialogue and attitude.

I only have limited patience for free roaming combat and shooting, but I'm totally okay with a shorter game experience. I'm happy they made this standalone!

Lime

Poor Fetch her parents must've hated her
:p

tUhmmkgl.jpg

Visuals were cool. Like Space Odyssey 2001 or some shit.

The actual gameplay aspect in that scene was derivative and unengaging and the whole "parents hate their prodigal child" trope is just super boring.

TheJLC

This is my first Infamous game, and my first PS4 gsme, and so far I'm enjoying it lots.

I wasn't impressed by the first game's demo on PS3, and I recall hating the comics and in game cutscenes, as was as the generic main character.

Fetch is a much cooler character, and very likeable in terms of dialogue and attitude.

I only have limited patience for free roaming combat and shooting, but I'm totally okay with a shorter game experience. I'm happy they made this standalone!

You can expect the same in Second Son. It's much shorter than the first two inFamous games.

tensuke

Just been collecting Lumens so far, not done many challenges yet. Haven't read the whole thread, but does every guy so far look like Reggie to anyone else?

reggie :'(

someday

Banned
It's really weird how similar they made the two characters. Voice acting is one thing but his face is so much like Reggie's that it is distracting.

Arrrammis

It's really weird how similar they made the two characters. Voice acting is one thing but his face is so much like Reggie's that it is distracting.

What a lot of games/ animated movies do often is base the character's face off of the voice actor, which is why they usually look very similar.

Ever see the show Deadwood? It's considered by many to be one the best shows of all time and the same actor (Garret Dillahunt) plays two completely different characters in two different seasons.

I don't think it's lazy at all, it was just a decision Sucker Punch made that you happen to not agree with. Confusing? Maybe momentarily but I got over it.

Rodhull

Yeah I finished this earlier today and the main complaint I had was that this took me out of the game every time he appeared.

Overall I enjoyed First light but what a weird choice. By all means use the same actor but they could have at least made him look a lot more different.

lt519

How hard was it?

Harder than SS, which wasn't very hard. The toughest to get were the 500k in the rescue arenas because of luck. But I'd say after my regular play through of 4 hours it took another 3-4 hours to get. Most of that was playing the arena for fun and another hour of picking off specific challenges. If you found SS hard mode a cakewalk this'll be no different.

Still amazes me (no one responded to me) that a $15 game has a platinum, 7 golds, and few silvers when some games only get one gold and no platinum.

Wow... the Arena trophies are pretty intense.

Upgrade your rockets. One rocket move can take out five enemies from extremely long range while you are on the run. Keep the multiplier up and by the time it hits the twenties search for a yellow shard to double it and blast you singularity, it's like an instant 200k if you have a fresh wave.

But basically spam rockets, a lot, and learn where you can refill your neon under cover. Don't ever get caught without rockets and save the singularity for the yellow shard or a total bail out. Sprint a lot, never stand still for more than your focus lasts.

Slixshot

Banned
Just got the plat :) What a fun little game this was. The arena mode was a TON of fun. I won't be playin it any more for now, but maybe down the line I'll come back and play as Delsin.

Grisby

"I'm not a stalker."

Plat got. When you fully power up, the arena becomes a joke. Lot of fun.

Fetch naming turrets was cute.

SZips

Forgot to mention here that I picked up my second ever Platinum thanks to First Light. The first being in Second Son.

I think the only things I had difficulty with were just waiting for the blue powerups to show up in the arenas so that I could use the Superbolt. I also did the "Pull" challenge the stupidly hard way. The challenge where I had to kill people with the falling bridges was also a bit of a pain prior to upgrading a couple of abilities.

The survival modes are super easy and they were still really easy even prior to leveling up. It's easy enough to get a few million for a score though it's a huge time investment. The rescue challenges were overall a bit more difficult in the arenas once you started to get further along. There is simply no time to spare when you have to rescue them.

Not very. Don't attempt the arena trophies until you have upgraded fetch. It's much easier and fun that way.

I got up to Wave 135 on beta.

Made it to #201 on the Beta Arena leaderboards.

My streak ended when I got stuck in a wall and was shot like an unarmed black man.

Also you can press circle and zip around the d-pad super move!

SSReborn

So I get a score of pretty much 10 million was playing on the beta map. With no signs of stopping soon and had a singularity stored up. I'm playing with my friends little brother watching and he is like imagine if there was a power outage now. I was like I don't even wanna think about that. Not even 15 seconds after he said that the game crashed. Score of 10 million (and likely could have been way more) lost. Also the PS4 chose now out of all the times for clip recording not to work.

Feels bad man..

someday

Banned
Ever see the show Deadwood? It's considered by many to be one the best shows of all time and the same actor (Garret Dillahunt) plays two completely different characters in two different seasons.

I don't think it's lazy at all, it was just a decision Sucker Punch made that you happen to not agree with. Confusing? Maybe momentarily but I got over it.
You can't change a human actor's face but you certainly can with a video game. Joel doesn't look anything like Troy Baker. It is such an odd thing that bugged me everytime he was on screen.

Aside from that I've only got two challenges left and I'll be finished. I just love the arena stuff, especially playing it with Fetch. Neon wasn't really my favorite when I played SS but it's a lot of fun now. I hope they do some more DLC like this. I don't mind spending $15 for this kind of content.

Harlock

Played the first 3 or 4 missions. So far a let down from the main game. The history is meh, but the main problems are the dumb missions. There is literally a turret mission, where you stand fixed in a spot and take down spawn enemies. In a open world game. This was made by the C team, with zero inspiration. The visuals look ugly in comparison with the full game.

leng jai

Played the first 3 or 4 missions. So far a let down from the main game. The history is meh, but the main problems are the dumb missions. There is literally a turret mission, where you stand fixed in a spot and take down spawn enemies. In a open world game. This was made by the C team, with zero inspiration. The visuals look ugly in comparison with the full game.

Have to agree, the mission design is incredibly uninspired.

Melchiah

Still amazes me (no one responded to me) that a $15 game has a platinum, 7 golds, and few silvers when some games only get one gold and no platinum.

On a side note, it's kinda funny that 16 out of my 31 gold trophies have been from PS4 games. So, I've doubled the amount of past 6 years in just 9 months. Seems like they've eased the requirements for those since the last generation.

EDIT:
Harder than SS, which wasn't very hard. The toughest to get were the 500k in the rescue arenas because of luck. But I'd say after my regular play through of 4 hours it took another 3-4 hours to get. Most of that was playing the arena for fun and another hour of picking off specific challenges. If you found SS hard mode a cakewalk this'll be no different.

But basically spam rockets, a lot, and learn where you can refill your neon under cover. Don't ever get caught without rockets and save the singularity for the yellow shard or a total bail out. Sprint a lot, never stand still for more than your focus lasts.

Yeah, the rescue arenas are definitely the hardest. The survival arenas turned out to be pretty easy after upgrading the powers, and I've already nearly tripled the score requirement for their trophies.

It's also good to know, that recharging the neon powers also refills your energy.

Just completed the main quest. Missions were so-so but learning about Fetch's history kept my interest high.

The arenas are a ton of fun and just playing through them one a piece I've netted 90% of the challenges. Now that I have almost all the upgrades it should make the last 10% easy enough.

Also I cannot play Delsin in the arena, guy is just slow as shiiiiiit.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
The visuals look ugly in comparison with the full game.
I haven't bought it yet but the facial animation definitely seems to have taken a hit. Isn't it the same environment though? I always thought that SS would age much faster than other next gen games because of the world being very static, outside of photomode ofc.

R3TRODYCE

That's my feelings too. I love the main game but this dlc is weak so far.

Harlock

I haven't bought it yet but the facial animation definitely seems to have taken a hit. Isn't it the same environment though? I always thought that SS would age much faster than other next gen games because of the world being very static, outside of photomode ofc.

Feels like they compressed everything, texture, effects etc. I think the photomode was not included, but I dont miss with the game looking so bad.

DryvBy

After beating this,
I'm guessing they're going to do another stand-alone featuring Eugene Sims?

I was impressed with First Light a lot. It's a way better experience I thought than Second Son. I didn't think I'd enjoy the challenges, but Fletch's abilities are just super fun unlike in SS (I found the run speed to be the only thing I enjoyed in SS).

Teddified

I don't think the graphics are downgraded, they've just put a slight grain filter and vignette around the edges.

Yeah that's what it seems like to me. Possibly because of "past" cause in the "present" day things in the prison I don't seem to notice that effect if it's still there.

What a pleasant surprise hearing Ashley Johnson's voice in the game.

What's up with the male character models all looking the freaking same though, face-wise I mean.

Top Bottom