Infamous Second Son 1.05 patch now available.

This is the HDR patch isn't it? I was about to start playing First Light one month ago, but decided to wait for this patch before starting to play.

I will tell if I see any differences between the previous and the actual graphics. I like the first Second Son, and everyone says First Light is even better.

Apr 20, 2012
Essex
Pretty sure it's Pro+HDR. 3.6GB is pretty big. Wonder if it also includes higher textures for Pro.
First light patch 1.02 also available now 2.5 GB.
This is almost hammering home my concerns regarding the patches, assuming these are specifically for Pro, then that's an additional 6GB non Pro users are wasting on their hard drives.

Nov 5, 2010
Australia
This is almost hammering home my concerns regarding the patches, assuming these are specifically for Pro, then that's an additional 6GB non Pro users are wasting on their hard drives.
TLoU Remastered HDR patch was only 300ishMB. Will depend on the game and the extent developers go to. You don't HAVE to download the patch to play the game.

Oct 1, 2015
Looking forward to all the posts from people saying they can't see the difference etc.
The biggest problem with HDR at the moment is there's no one fits all setting as of yet. What one person is seeing could be vastly different from what the intended display is supposed to look.

The Last of Us Remastered for example has a very subtle HDR implementation that people are still debating over.

May 13, 2009
That place there.
Yeah, I don't like this inflation at all.
If the new paradigm is two SKUs with different performance levels, they should really change the patching system so that non-Pro users can opt out of Pro only versions.

May 22, 2010
man the image quality is going to be insane, hope the pro (thing needs to be out already) can actually push the framerate higher, I might get the game and first light with the system

Apr 20, 2012
Essex
Yeah, I don't like this inflation at all.
If the new paradigm is two SKUs with different performance levels, they should really change the patching system so that non-Pro users can opt out of Pro only versions.
I agree, (I'm getting a Pro) I don't feel it's right that people are having to download patches that are hardware locked, the patching system should recognise hardware models and download in accordance.