• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous Second Son 1.05 patch now available.

Yeah the black crush is bad on my sony xd model. Its not unplayable, but definitely affects gameplay when not on the streets. In one mission i could not see the elevators properly!

Patch 1.07 for Second Son and Patch 1.04 released for First Light. No clue what they do as they're still downloading for me. FYI.

Playing Second Son right now. Nothing downgraded as far as I can tell. Using an LG B6 OLED, here.

There appears to be a contrast toggle in the options menu now now that I didn't see before though. You can set for high and low! Apparently to match the YUV black level range. Low on HDR looks right! No black crush that I can tell.

Vashetti

Banned
Playing Second Son right now. Nothing downgraded as far as I can tell. Using and LG B6 OLED, here.

There appears to be a contrast toggle now that I didn't see though. You came set for high and low! Apparently to match the YUV range. Low on HDR looks right!

Assuming this helps the 'black crush' issue I've seen people mention.

First Light seemed awfully dark when I first tested it on the Pro at launch (1080p, non HDR).

.....and I can now set the in-game brightness to default and get a proper picture. Prior to the toggle I had to crank it to max to see anything. Yay.

BigEmil

Playing Second Son right now. Nothing downgraded as far as I can tell. Using an LG B6 OLED, here.

There appears to be a contrast toggle now that I didn't see though. You can set for high and low! Apparently to match the YUV black level range. Low on HDR looks right! No black crush that I can tell.
Nice

TLZ

Banned
I kept contrast on high and it still is very playable. Dark areas aren't very dark with crushed blacks now. They look more... grey?

The update is really small around 100mb.

This is for second son.

Shai-Tan

Banned
Seems to have helped (I can actually see in shade). I haven't messed that much with the settings yet though. I can't say I particularly like their approach to simulating retinal exposure and adjustment though. It seems to lurch far too often from one end to the other based on momentary exposure to the "lens" which can make it far more blinding than it would be in real life. The implementation is not far from gimmick in the way it's exaggerating some new graphical effect to showcase technology (because they can). Maybe if I get the settings right it will stop being as visually disturbing as it is now.

Apt101

I keep forgetting to fire this up after I got my new 4K HDR TV. I just keep procrastinating because I don't want to spare my FF XV time downloading the patch.

Shin-Ra

Playing Second Son's intro, the flaming fishery in particular, Contrast: Low fixed the worst of the black crush for me, its back to how I remember pre-HDR.

Back to how I remember means it still uncomfortably under-exposes darker spots you might want to see more clearly sometimes.

Don't be put off by the 'Low' contrast naming, it's plenty contrasty still.

Shai-Tan

Banned
Yeah I'm on low and +2 brightness now. Doesn't fix all my concerns with their lighting but at least I can see if I stand still (unless there's the sun in the background then they inexplicably simulate the blinding sun as causing objects in the foreground to be as dark as it would be at night)

Melchiah

There appears to be a contrast toggle in the options menu now now that I didn't see before though. You can set for high and low! Apparently to match the YUV black level range. Low on HDR looks right! No black crush that I can tell.

TLOU patch didn't downgrade anything for 4K owners either though.

Even with contrast on low and brightness at max there's still black crush.

Hmm I don't know about that. I tried both games with low contrast and at least to me it seems like that restored original look which many people wanted. These games always had this slight black crushy contrasty look, but high contrast that they added with initial Pro patch just took it to a whole new level and made it almost unplayable, especially at night.

Top Bottom