• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

Femto.

Not necessary, but it's always good to play the previous entries if you have the time.

Ah, time...the one factor that I can never have go in my favor. I'm quite swamped this semester, probably my busiest one for the remainder of my time at college before I transfer to University.

Perhaps I should hold off until summer.

THIS GAME.

ibjKeeGBjEGIt9.jpg

tumblr_lm2lufG9371qii6tmo1_500.gif

Ah, time...the one factor that I can never have go in my favor. I'm quite swamped this semester, probably my busiest one for the remainder of my time at college before I transfer to University.

Perhaps I should hold off until summer.

This game almost seems like a reboot in some aspects, I'd say you'd be fine jumping in with this one.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Come on, it doesn't really look like this does it? There some extra processing going on when stop to take a screenshot right?

Yes, there is... and that processing is called fairly aggressive JPEG compression.

Codeblew

I hate to nitpick, but I'm seeing recurring buildings in that draw-distance screenshot.

One of my issues with the older games was that they copy and pasted buildings to a noticeable extent.

Doesn't look as bad though!

Apartment complexes and condo's have that sort of duplicate look IRL though. My nitpick is that there appears to be some 2d trees but overall the game looks amazing.

def sim

I'm getting more excited the closer we get to release. I haven't played an open world game in some time.

It's the little details. Like his foot resting on the pipe instead of clipping through it.

Well, thanks for making me notice his shoe clipping through that one panel. ;)

viveks86

I'm actually glad that these shots are Facebook compressed. We can still look forward to seeing this beauty in pristine quality when we play it ourselves!

Loudninja

From SP Q&A
VERY FEW are prerendered cutscenes. Everything is live and in the engine real time in MOST of the cutscenes you'll see.
Lens flares are tricky! Its easy to put in, and its even easier to do TOO much lens flare. We've done more of a lens effect on the screen rather than huge lens flares from the sun.
Our FX engine allows for randomization of light brightness...it will look a bit different every time
How many particles are rendered during the orbital drop? Cause it looks like a lot.
The rain alone was 25,000! I'm not sure exactly but its a LOT for that particular power!
Man they are doing some crazy stuff with the particle system.

Sucker Punch has created their own proprietary engine. We've used it for all our games including this one. Although we've done a major upgrade to the visuals to take advantage of PS4.
We have our own expression based particles engine that our VFX team created and used.
Rain is a huge part of Seattle, so it will be most prominently featured. Light rain and a heavier rain. There will also be a lot of post-rain sunsets as well.
https://www.facebook.com/infamous/p...9862/257883661060052/?type=1&relevant_count=1

v1lla21

Delsin gonna give that D!!!!
I'm freakin pumped! I've been drinking green tea all goddamn day! I go to Church every God-Damn Sunday and you bring the demons out in me!

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Are these all true shots with no added AA or anything? I find that hard to believe.

The game actually looks better than what you're seeing.

Is that the Space Needle? I hear in an interview on Podcast Beyond that you can't jump off of it for legal reasons. That would have been fun to glide down from, providing you can still glide like Cole could.

STOP TEASING US!

BEYOND! I listened to that one too. I think what they said is that when the approached the owner of the Space Needle they just had to ensure that you couldn't kill yourself by jumping off of it. As long as the character lands safely they didn't have a problem with it.

uhhhh am i crazy or are his tears really fucking WEIRD? Like super long and shoot out ?! IS THAT HOW PEOPLE CRY? I dont pay that much attention..but i think this is weird?

Lmao! I was thinking the same exact thing. I had to zoom in to make sure those tears weren't photoshopped.

Top Bottom