• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Info from latest issue of Nintendo Power

Doogdogg

AdmiralViscen said:
Isn't the SFCommand team they're "outsourcing" it to composed of the members of the original SF team?

I think it's just the programmer.

Still not sold on it. Character designs look too cute lolz and the game seems to be only play on the "all range mode". SF should to be rail.

Emotions

Mr. Pointy said:
Donkey Kong Country 4 for
Xbox 360
. You heard it here first.

They can't that IP and game belongs to Nintendo, Rare has no rights over it.

The small tidbits are quite interesting. Specially the MP3 using wiiconect and Super Mario Galaxy with 2 players using the wiimote and nunchuk.

Trurl

Banned
UPDATE 12: Nintendo Power confirms six titles for launch. Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 3, Red Steel, Dragon Quest, Super Monkey Ball and Rayman Raving Rabbids.
That's pretty good. 4 or 5 of those will probally be must buys for me.

AdmiralViscen said:
Yea, SFC is probably going to be shit without any rail segments.

I'd get it just for online, but I did that with MPH and regretted it.

SFC won't suck from the lack of rails, SFA sucked from the lack of the lack of

Emotions

soundwave05 said:
I still don't see Red Steel making launch.

Wouldn't Madden NFL Wii, Wii Sports, and Excite Truck be more likely launch titles?

I think all those will make it for launch and Tony Hawk Downhill Jam as well.

ethelred

soundwave05 said:
I still don't see Red Steel making launch.

Wouldn't Madden NFL Wii, Wii Sports, and Excite Truck be more likely launch titles?

More likely to be launch titles than a game that has been repeatedly described over and over and over again from its earliest inception as a launch title?

Probably not.

Doogdogg

DKC4 if like DKC2 could be hot stuff. DKC2 has the best soundtract the the DK games. Levels were fun and challenging. Still got nightmare over the Toxic tower stage >.<.

ms-07

Banned
UPDATE 10: Two pages are dedicated to the Super NES as the month of August is the 15th Anniversary of the system. NP Staff picked six personal picks of underrated/overlooked titles. Axelay, Secret of Evermore, Metal Warriors, Illusion of Gaia, Out of this World and Battletoads in Battlemaniacs. Also has a very small section of the Super Famicom, spoke about how Final Fantasy V and Mega Man & Bass didn’t make it to the US.

Metal Warriors was hot.

Dark Dragon said:
DKC4 if like DKC2 could be hot stuff. DKC2 has the best soundtract the the DK games. Levels were fun and challenging. Still got nightmare over the Toxic tower stage >.<.

Doubt it will be, that's all Rare man. Nintendo wants to make DK like the insane devil he was in Jungle Beat, and that's really okay for me. Jungle Beat kicked all kinds of ass.

Yeah I think the launch window will probably be something like this for the US ...

Zelda: Twilight Princess
Excite Truck
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Wii Sports
Wii Music
Wii Party Collection (Duck Hunt, Maze Game, etc.)
Dragon Quest Swords
Madden NFL Wii 2007
Tony Hawk Downhill Jam
Rayman
Elebits

And some more 3rd party filler.

Japan will be about the same with Pokemon Battle Revolution, Wario Ware Wii, and maybe Final Fantasy: Crystal Bearers added.

Emotions

soundwave05 said:
Yeah I think the launch window will probably be something like this for the US ...

Zelda: Twilight Princess
Excite Truck
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Wii Sports
Wii Music
Wii Party Collection (Duck Hunt, Maze Game, etc.)
Dragon Quest Swords
Madden NFL Wii 2007
Tony Hawk Downhill Jam
Rayman
Elebits

And some more 3rd party filler.

Japan will be about the same with Pokemon Battle Revolution, Wario Ware Wii, and maybe Final Fantasy: Crystal Bearers added.

I don't think FF: CB will be ready for launch. Dragon Quest will be there for launch. FF: CB for launch period is more likely.

Doogdogg

BrandNew said:
Doubt it will be, that's all Rare man. Nintendo wants to make DK like the insane devil he was in Jungle Beat, and that's really okay for me. Jungle Beat kicked all kinds of ass.

I need to pick up Jungle Beat at some point. Damn bongos. It's still bundled right?

Terrell

ethelred said:
Ever since Suda and Marvelous first mentioned Contact 2 as a surprise for "a Nintendo platform," I've been betting on it being for Wii. Suda's remarks here only lead to further down that line of thinking.

Contact 2 for Wii... should be awesome.
Sorry, Contact isn't made by Grasshopper Manufacture anymore, it's made by a company that just splintered off of them, Audio Ltd. While it's possible that Audio will make it for Wii, I don't think that Suda 51 has the last word on such matters.

Dark Dragon said:
I need to pick up Jungle Beat at some point. Damn bongos. It's still bundled right?

Uh, not too sure, I think I've seen Best Buy still carry the bundles. If not, you can easy find some bongos at Gamestop or EB and find the game used.

ethelred

Terrell said:
Sorry, Contact isn't made by Grasshopper Manufacture anymore, it's made by a company that just splintered off of them, Audio Ltd. While it's possible that Audio will make it for Wii, I don't think that Suda 51 has the last word on such matters.

I'm aware that Akira Ueda split his team off into an independent company, but he's still very close to Suda, and Suda obviously knows what the guy's plans are. Furthermore, Contact 2 was first announced during an interview with Suda and Marvelous Interactive -- Marvelous published Contact and will almost surely be publishing Contact 2, so it is their decision where the game goes. That's the same interview where they announced Audio's formation.

So for Suda to mention the game again, when he clearly knows where it'll be, in the context of talking about the Wii... is a pretty strong indicator. And if it was just a sequel on the DS, they wouldn't be playing this "surprise" game at all.

Terrell

BrandNew said:
They're basically the same. Except for the far superior voice acting in 64.
Actually, the addition of multiplayer, the single-player dogfight sequences and the very solid Landmaster mechanics really put SF64 in a league of its own.

jGuru

Forza's and psycho_snakes official soccer ball-washer
Great bits of info.

Would it be that easy to include third party characters in SSB:B? I think not, since Snake was there cause the creater wanted it.

jGuru said:
Great bits of info.

Would it be that easy to include third party characters in SSB:B? I think not, since Snake was there cause the creater wanted it.

Which third party wouldn't want their character in this game? It's going to be one of the top 3 selling console games in Japan for 2007 most likely, if not the top one.

It's probably more of an issue of how many characters Nintendo realistically has time to add.

Snake is in ... Sonic is almost definitely also probably in. I would think Capcom would push for Mega Man and/or Dante.

jGuru

soundwave05 said:
Which third party wouldn't want their character in this game? It's going to be one of the top 3 selling console games in Japan for 2007 most likely, if not the top one.

It's probably more of an issue of how many characters Nintendo realistically has time to add.

Snake is in ... Sonic is almost definitely also probably in. I would think Capcom would push for Mega Man and/or Dante.

Well if you put it that way maybe you're right. I hope we see Dante in there, that would be a nice mix.

aoi tsuki

i can't see Dante in there given his heavy use of guns. Joe (of Viewtiful Joe) or Megaman (pre X-series, please) would be a great fit, however.

soundwave05 said:
The control is Star Fox 64 ... is butter. No smoother than butter.

Plus the Independence Day level >>>>>> all.
This man knows what's up.

And thinking about it...Simon Belmont already has all his moves perfectly mapped out. (Side note: I've actually never played SOTN, just Castlevania 3 and the GBA Castlevanias.) B=Whip. Up+B=Axe Left/Right+B=Knife Throw Down+B=Holy Water

jGuru

aoi tsuki said:
i can't see Dante in there given his heavy use of guns. Joe (of Viewtiful Joe) or Megaman (pre X-series, please) would be a great fit, however.

I don't see your point. He can use his sword for close-range combat (a la Link) and his guns for long-range combat (a la Fox). Though, Megaman/Joe might be more fitted for the game's theme.

Emotions

ant1532 said:
WTF? A nintendo platform to be announced? What the hell does that mean?

He means that the Nintendo platform Contact 2 is going to show up, it's going to be a surprise. Could be DS,GBA or Wii.

jGuru said:
I don't see your point. He can use his sword for close-range combat (a la Link) and his guns for long-range combat (a la Fox). Though, Megaman/Joe might be more fitted for the game's theme.
Frankly, if Snake is in this game, all bets are off in terms of "fitting into the game's theme."

jGuru

PuertoRicanJuice said:
Frankly, if Snake is in this game, all bets are off in terms of "fitting into the game's theme."

So true.

AniHawk

krypt0nian said:
Please God, let Fire Emblem be a launch window title.

I will be good all year.

It'll prolly be summer or fall 2007. I'm pretty surprised (and glad) they jumped on this instead of a DS title, actually.

loosus

Banned
soundwave05 said:
The control is Star Fox 64 ... is butter. No smoother than butter.

Plus the Independence Day level >>>>>> all.
Uh, yeah, back in 1997 -- and mostly because it was resembled a movie that came out near that time. Have you played that shit lately? It sucks.

Anyway, Star Fox is a much more enjoyable game than Star Fox 64. The only things really holding back the original are the low frame rate and short draw distance. The level designs is just more fun in the original.

Dylan Cuthbert rocks, by the way. If the new Star Fox sucks, it won't be because of him. He'd be its only possible saving grace.

ethelred

AniHawk said:
It'll prolly be summer or fall 2007. I'm pretty surprised (and glad) they jumped on this instead of a DS title, actually.

It'll be out by March in Japan, and I'd guess it'll follow in fairly short order in the US (given that the US sales of the series have overtaken the Japanese).

The Sacred Stones team is probably developing a DS Fire Emblem while the PoR team is doing FE Wii.

Filter

loosus said:
Uh, yeah, back in 1997 -- and mostly because it was resembled a movie that came out near that time. Have you played that shit lately? It sucks.

Yeah, I played it a couple days ago, and it fricken ruled. If anything that level should have been longer.

I agree that all the subsequent games after the original have lacked the atmosphere that was present from the very first moment that you start the SNES version. the series seems to be getting steadily more cutesy. the original had a cool sci-fi shooter feel, right from where the arwings are flying down the corridor at the start and you hear "emergency, emergency". that game sucked me right in when I was a kid, and made me feel like a bit of a badass.
that atmosphere probably came, in part, because 3D on a console was so new and futuristic at the time.

Saoh

UPDATE 12: Nintendo Power confirms six titles for launch. Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 3, Red Steel, Dragon Quest, Super Monkey Ball and Rayman Raving Rabbids.

jesus!!! MP3 and Zelda for launch?? :S :O

i might actually have to get those bolded titles at launch.

Top Bottom