• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice "Battle Arena": New Gameplay Every Monday, Votes on Thursday

Choose an OT subtitle.

Results are only viewable after voting.

DR2K

Banned
It was stupid fun and both Marvel and DC knew it. 90's comics were about being over the top and extreme. Everything was stupid fun and not meant to be taken seriously.

and honestly, how could you guys miss Dr. Doomsday?

When's DC is looking more apt...

J-Tier

Holy shit, that exists?! XD

Yup, and was right up there as one of my favs alongside Dr. Strangefate.

To be honest though, I'd prefer it if it was purely DC--no guests. And if we HAD to have a guest, it should be someone from Vertigo like Morpheus or a character from the Watchmen. The only reason I say that is because DC Comics still has so many heroes and villains left that could be represented. By having a guest...it kills that one slot for the potential DC character.

Though if we were ever to see something with Marvel, I'd like a full-fledged game with Marvel vs. DCU, having a single guest from a different universe in Injustice isn't as cool to me as getting Black Manta, or Katana, etc.

Scirrocco

There was, and it was awful. It also spawned a horrible spin-off that featured fusion characters like this monstrosity.

8625898248_c0c203e037_z.jpg

JLA/Avengers was the shit though. Pretty damn fun.

Though if we were ever to see something with Marvel, I'd like a full-fledged game with Marvel vs. DCU, having a single guest from a different universe in Injustice isn't as cool to me as getting Black Manta, or Katana, etc.

But if this is the only way it opens the doors to such a thing happening, then this is why it must be a thing. This is definitely the best opportunity.

Platy

There was, and it was awful. It also spawned a horrible awesome spin-off that featured fusion characters like this monstrosity.

D9nCUju.jpg

fixed

Lobo The Duck is one of the best thing in comic books !

It gets specialy hilarious because Lobo is the portuguese for wolf ... so the title is basicaly "wolf the duck"

Simo

I don't suppose anybody has any working links or could shoot a PM for videos of the opening intro and story mode segments that were talked about on the previous page?

So apparently some guys on TYM have gotten far enough on the iOS game to conclude that you'd need a fully leveled (level 40), promoted (up to 5) and upgraded team of gold tier characters to even compete with the last parts of the game. Guess I won't be going for the Hidden Reward.

Anybody having a problem with daily logins on the app not counting? I haven't even gotten the first unlock for the WW portrait, but my WBID seems to be working fine and it's checked off all the other unlocks I'm suppose to get.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
So apparently some guys on TYM have gotten far enough on the iOS game to conclude that you'd need a fully leveled (level 40), promoted (up to 5) and upgraded team of gold tier characters to even compete with the last parts of the game. Guess I won't be going for the Hidden Reward.

Anybody having a problem with daily logins on the app not counting? I haven't even gotten the first unlock for the WW portrait, but my WBID seems to be working fine and I've checked off all the other unlocks I'm suppose to get.

I can't even beat the fucking sinestro boss on the second page, so that doesn't surprise me.

Me too please :3
I don't suppose anybody has any working links or could shoot a PM for videos of the opening intro and story mode segments that were talked about on the previous page?
OK

Made myself a promise. I'm totally not going to watch it until I get there but the wait is killing me!
I just wanted to see maybe one or two more cutscenes but the wait killed me and I caved.
Though as someone who isn't extremely into fighting games what I have seen has me glad I preordered it.

This is proving difficult because my buddy is pretty dumb but here is what I can give you guys so far (not much I know)

The number next to the name indicates total number of costumes (including preorder DLC((Includes iOS and vote)))
Alt is either Regime or Insurgency depending on who they sided with

Aquaman 3 (Base and Alt, Flashpoint)
Ares 2 (Base and Alt)
Bane 3 (Base, Alt and Knightfall)
Batman 6 (Base, Alt, Arkham, Beyond New 52, Black Lantern)
Black Adam 2 (Base, Alt)
Catwoman 3 (Base, Alt, Arkham)
Cyborg 2(Base, Alt)
Deathstroke 3 (Base, Alt, Flashpoint)
Doomsday 2 (Base, Alt)
Flash 4 (Base, Alt, New 52, Elseworld's)
Green Arrow 3(Base, Alt, "Arrow")
Green Lantern 4 (Base, Alt, New 52,Yellow Lantern)
Harley Quinn 3 (Base, Alt, Arkham)
Hawkgirl 2 (Base, Alt)
Joker 3 (Base, Alt, Arkham)
Killer Frost 2 (Base, Alt)
Lex Luthor 3 (Base, Alt, Unknown)
Nightwing 3 (Base, Alt, New 52)
Raven 2 (Base, Alt)
Shazam 3 (Base, Alt, New 52)
Sinestro 2 (Base, Alt)
Solomon Grundy 4 (Base, Alt, Unknown, Red Son)
Superman 6 (Base, Alt, Red Son, New 52, Prison, Godfall)
Wonder Woman 5 (Base, Alt, Red Son, New 52, Flashpoint)

J-Tier

This is proving difficult because my buddy is pretty dumb but here is what I can give you guys so far (not much I know)

The number next to the name indicates costumes (including preorder DLC)
Alt is either Regime or Insurgency depending on who they sided with

Flash 4 (Base, Alt, New 52, Elseworld's)
Green Lantern 4 (Base, Alt, New 52, Yellow Lantern)
Nightwing 3 (Base, Alt, New 52)
Solomon Grundy 4 (Base, Alt, Suit (?), Red Son)

Put in the ones I know. I put a ? next to Grundy because he's in a Suit for various things, just not sure which is the original off the top of my head.

EDIT: Oh, and Supes has his Godfall outfit, forgot about that one.

Put in the ones I know. I put a ? next to Grundy because he's in a Suit for various things, just not sure which is the original off the top of my head.

Added Elseworlds flash do you have a link to the rest. If the yellow lantern GL is the one im thinking its just his regime costume with bad lighting and the new 52 looking nightwing is his regime alt

Khezu

Added Elseworlds flash do you have a link to the rest. If the yellow lantern GL is the one im thinking its just his regime costume with bad lighting and the new 52 looking nightwing is his regime alt

No, Yellow Lantern, and New52 are different costumes.

EDIT: TO make it clear, New 52 and Nightwing regime alt have different hair styles, and the regime is very armored, well new 52 looks like leather.
Yellow Lantern has a Sinestro corp logo on his chest.

J-Tier

Yellow Lantern: vid link deleted.

As for New 52 Nightwing, I don't have any pics, it was during the stream. His Regime has long hair like the Bloodwing. His other Alt. has short hair and looks like New 52, but isn't confirmed to be.

No, Yellow Lantern, and New52 are different costumes.

EDIT: TO make it clear, New 52 and Nightwing regime alt have different hair styles, and the regime is very armored, well new 52 looks like leather.
Yellow Lantern has a Sinestro corp logo on his chest.

Yeah, Iv just checked corrected them now.

NPC list (remember these can be anything from intro appearance to stage background or something you face in S.T.A.R's Lab

Arkahm Inmates
Arkam KillerCroc
Arkam Penguin
Arkham Riddler
Arkham Scarecrow
Arkam TwoFace
Amazonian
Cat (Isis)
Dummy
Giganta
LexExoSuit
Male Medium
Atrocitus
Kilowog
Military Police
Pedestrians Male
Trigon
Atom
Joker Clan
BillyBatson
Inmates
Mech Guard

Khezu

Is that the full list of NPC's?

Cause its missing a lot, from just ones we know about, like Atom Smash, Hugo Strange, Parasite, and Deadshot.

J-Tier

Cause its missing a lot, from just ones we know about, like Atom Smash, Hugo Strange, Parasite, and Deadshot.

Yeah, can't be, glaring omissions like Darkseid and Martian Manhunter too.

EDIT:

Batman (Base, Alt, Unknown, Arkham, Beyond, New 52, Black Lantern)

Is the unknown a different costume too? Then he has 7 altogether.

Its the list I was provided with. It could be NPC's that you actually fight now I look at who is missing.

Batman (Base, Alt, Unknown, Arkham, Beyond, New 52, Black Lantern)

Is the unknown a different costume too? Then he has 7 altogether.

My mistake only 6 costumes, We know them all.

J-Tier

Alt. Costumes I want to see as DLC from the default cast:

Classic Outfits for the Entire Cast
Orm/Ocean Master for Aquaman
Arkham Bane
Gotham by Gaslight Batman
Mark Miller Batman (Black & White)
Owlman for Batman
Batman (And a billion other cool outfits)
New 52 Black Adam
Catwoman The Animated Series
Catwoman The Long Halloween
Catwoman Gotham by Gaslight
Doomsday in full suit
Flash (Jay Garrick)
Green Lantern (Jon Stewart)
Green/White Lantern (Kyle Rayner)
Green Lantern (Alan Scott, Classic)
Green Lantern (Guy Gardner)
Green Lantern (Simon Baz)
Green Lantern (There are just way too many...)
Harley Quinn The Animated Series (voiced by Arleen Sorkin
in my dreams...
)
Harley Quinn New 52
Hawkgirl (Kendra Saunders)
Hawkgirl Earth 2
Joker Death of the Family
Killer Frost The Animated Series
Lex Luthor DC Universe Online
Raven White/Red CLoak
Shazam New 52
Green Lantern Sinestro
Classic Sinestro (Blue Outfit)
Arkham Solomon Grundy
Blackest Night Solomon Grundy
Superman (Too many to list)
Wonder Woman (Getting lazy now...

if we ever get classics im hoping for
medibm04.jpg

Love Jim Lee's design. I used to hate short ear style.

and still holding out hope for Cass as a reskin for Batman.

NEO0MJ

I just remembered that they once had Stan Lee as a guest for those polls, maybe a Marvel character really is possible?

I still cant believe they didnt include Martian Manhunter playable in this game.

Blame Cyborg. Plus, he was probably too complex for NRS.

Tizoc

Well gonna go lurk my regular game shop to see if they got Injustice, and trade in a few games to get it at $40 or less~

Do we have any credible first hand reports of the game? Not some money hat fluff piece but real critical impressions? I'm not a big fighter guy but I really want to get into this game and hope its not ass.

So... there's not a single costume we didn't already know about? Disappointing.
Couple we still havnt seen like luthors 3rd and shazams 3rd but we know most of them. Post game dlc could add more

I highly doubt this. I don't think the game has been properly data-mined yet.
Those numbers next to the name are the number ofunique asset files for each character. (basically contains portrait skins and everything else loaded with an alt. I verified them myself over team viewer. Unless they magically hid asset files for no reason then that is the total number

Top Bottom