• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Ryce

rfuAYYk.png

That would have prevented a lot of headaches last month.

vg260

Do you get the skins immediately if you buy the season pass tomorrow when it goes up?

Gamefly sent mine, so I gotta wait til Wednesday or later. No rush, I still have about 30 characters to learn in Marvel.

J-Tier

rfuAYYk.png

That would have prevented a lot of headaches last month.

Indeed. I would've bet money back then saying that that's a hood on KF. I wasn't that salty that she got in after the fact, but before that, I was sure they wouldn't have chosen her.

I don't have pics but I have list of unlockable costumes that we know of.

Yellow Lantern, Kryptonite Lex, Mobster Grundy, Godfall Superman, New52 Nightwing, New52 Shazam, Scubagear Flash

Thanks!

I really hope there are lots of unlockables in this game. I love this stuff

KevinCow

Banned
And those characters, urg. Lobo, okay, fine, but two more Batman characters?

Would you really be surprised? WB leans so heavily on Batman and puts such little faith in any other DC characters.

Green Lantern bombed? Assume it bombed because it wasn't Batman, ignore that it actually bombed because it was awful, and give up on any future non-Batman movies. God help us if Man of Steel sucks and bombs. We'll probably never see anything besides Batman again.

Green Lantern TAS is good? Cancel it, replace with like the fifth Batman cartoon.

Batman games are successful? Make more Batman games instead of giving any other characters a chance.

They were probably breathing down NRS's necks during development, constantly saying, "Are there enough Batman characters? I don't think there are enough Batman characters. Put in more Batman characters."

NEO0MJ

Green Lantern TAS is good? Cancel it, replace with like the fifth Batman cartoon.

Well, that Cartoon is getting canned after they run the ordered episodes. The team tried to use under the radar character like Katana and professor Pyg.

They were probably breathing down NRS's necks during development, constantly saying, "Are there enough Batman characters? I don't think there are enough Batman characters. Put in more Batman characters."

"Why aren't there more Batman stages? I don't care if you reuse the levels"

Grimsen

I'm suprised BATMAN isn't in the game title.

BATMAN : Gods Among Us
INJUSTICE : BATMAN Among Us
INJUSTICE : Gods BATMAN Us

Or my favorite: INJUSTICE : Gods Among BATMAN

Ryce

Honestly, I don't think NRS was pressured into including so many Batman characters -- there just so happens to be a lot of popular characters from that series. Batman, Joker, Catwoman, and Nightwing deserve to be in a game like this no matter what. They're far too iconic to leave out.

Harley was going to be DLC in MKvDCU, but she was scrapped for whatever reason. The team seems to have a vested interest in her, and she's definitely popular in her own right. I don't think DC/WB had anything to do with her inclusion.

That leaves Bane. He's probably the least necessary of the Batman characters, but The Dark Knight Rises made him a household name. I don't see why NRS wouldn't want to include him -- a good business decision is a good business decision.

I don't know if this was known or not, but it surprised me.

There is no online pass.

Yup, no online pass for any version it seems. If I recall they eventually got rid of the online pass requirement for MK9 as well because the Komplete Edition didn't have an online pass.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
does anyone have a list of names for characters in this game? I wanted to look up some backstory on some of the characters i dont know (pretty much everyone but superman and batman characters..)

Nemesis_

Yup, no online pass for any version it seems. If I recall they eventually got rid of the online pass requirement for MK9 as well because the Komplete Edition didn't have an online pass.

I just assumed that was because it was included on the disc :p since the Komplete Edition seemed to have all the DLC entries related to the game.

But yeah, still nice.

SSReborn

Her muscles aren't the problem though. It's the fact that NRS can't model a female face to save their lives. lol

Its weird because she doesn't look so bad in the render I have the poster up in my room and she looks good there but in game she looks so off.

They also used to be very good at modelling female characters imo especially during the ps2 days. Don't know what happened this gen in that department.

It's a bit late for that, the iOS version was already released.

We could also be looking at a case where there's no visible difference and no one cares to make the distinction.
On the other side of the Two-Face coin, we've seen this before and it hasn't bode well before.

It's kind of a toss-up until the coin lands.

The iOS version was never intended to be a port of the console version it's a card based companion app. It's leagues different. A iOS version of I justice would be similar to something like SF4 Volt.

For those wondering since I seen some previous discussion on it the Batman Beyond skin is not the one from Arkham city.

Honestly, I don't think NRS was pressured into including so many Batman characters -- there just so happens to be a lot of popular characters from that series. Batman, Joker, Catwoman, and Nightwing deserve to be in a game like this no matter what. They're far too iconic to leave out.

Catwoman seems the least necessary to me.

kyo27

I don't know why people are mad about the number of Batman characters. Putting in a bunch of characters that most people have never heard of would only hurt sales for this game. Batman has the most recognizeable characters in the DC universe.

JeTmAn81

I don't know why people are mad about the number of Batman characters. Putting in a bunch of characters that most people have never heard of would only hurt sales for this game. Batman has the most recognizeable characters in the DC universe.

Not to mention the best rogues gallery in any superhero universe. It makes sense.

Kizer

Because it's an endless cycle of batman. You continue to put in more batman because people know batman and it leaves no room for anyone else who could actually use the publicity. Marvel wasn't afraid to put Taskmaster into mvc3 despite the fact that even many comic fans weren't that familiar with him and now we are in the "year of the taskmaster". The freaking guy shows up everywhere. Because people gave him a chance and liked him. That was the thing to do. Not put a million X-men characters in the game.

pixlexic

Banned
I am disappointed with Nathan's moves. It would have been much better to go ahead and make him a scorpion character. grapple the opponent to you not you to them . And some form of teleport.

Top Bottom