• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice Ultimate Edition announced for PS4/Vita/PS3/360/PC [NA: 11/12 | EU: 11/29]

catabarez

It runs at 60 frames now im pretty sure, just how much different will the port be seriously? i don't think you will see anything but a total copy paste of the game to a new console for a last ditch cash injection for the game on a new console.

And like i said, MK9 is UNPLAYABLE online for PC and High voltage are responsible for that marvelous port also, even with the PC bells and whistles it looks the same as it does on consoles pretty much.

If you're worrying about jaggies in a fighting game you are playing fighting games for the wrong reasons...

wut

Skilletor

It runs at 60 frames now im pretty sure, just how much different will the port be seriously? i don't think you will see anything but a total copy paste of the game to a new console for a last ditch cash injection for the game on a new console.

And like i said, MK9 is UNPLAYABLE online for PC and High voltage are responsible for that marvelous port also, even with the PC bells and whistles it looks the same as it does on consoles pretty much.

If you're worrying about jaggies in a fighting game you are playing fighting games for the wrong reasons...

I like my games to look as good as they can. Period. Why settle for less?

ShadyJ

I like my games to look as good as they can. Period. Why settle for less?

No ones asking you to, im merely stating that High Voltage fucked up one of the CRITICAL components of MK9 on PC (which arguably should run like butter online cause PC) in the online mode, go buy it and try to connect to anyone...

So ill say it again, if you get more SHIT netcode and your fine with that and all you care about are "jaggies" and graphics at the netcodes expense as High voltage have proven they are capable of then good luck with that purchase.

B.O.O.M

Confirmed no Wii U version

lol I like how he just said 'No'

no-3.jpg

anywho in for the vita version. Outside of character models MK was pretty fantastic on the vita (Fuck Shao Khan btw) so I'm in for this as well. I love fighters on the go and the vita has so far been bloody awesome for it..just need dat Tekken Namco!

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
Am very sad there seems to be no Wii U version of this. I already have the game on Wii U, but I was holding off on the DLC in the hopes that I could just pick up the GotY edition with all the DLC included.

Man, it's gonna suck to be primarily a Wii U gamer over the next several years...

Skilletor

No ones asking you to, im merely stating that High Voltage fucked up one of the CRITICAL components of MK9 on PC (which arguably should run like butter online cause PC) in the online mode, go buy it and try to connect to anyone...

So ill say it again, if you get more SHIT netcode and your fine with that and all you care about are "jaggies" and graphics at the netcodes expense as High voltage have proven they are capable of then good luck with that purchase.

Injustice's netcode is ass anyway. So was MK's. I don't care about playing them online.

(I don't care about them at all, actually, but MK9 having ass netcode on PC doesn't mean much to me since it has ass netcode on consoles as well.)

Brofield

I don't know why I got my hopes up with a Wii U version.

I much would have preferred playing the game on a controller with a competent d-pad, but not if they were skimping on content. I'd like to see Boon try and explain why it's "more difficult than it looks" to get it running on Wii U, especially when all the DLC is out there and the discs are more than capable of 50GB storage.

shaowebb

Good thing I didn't buy it!

Not really. You missed out on a LOT of stuff. I'm just glad that they did package all the DLC and stuff together so that folks who waited dont have such a high investment needed to get the full experience out of a purchase now.

Have fun learning matches vs folks who've been playing. You're gonna see some crazy shit now ;)

viveks86

sörine;85181002 said:
Money hats are rarely just payouts. They're usually promotional funding, development support, co-publishing deals and so on.

What you consider the "good" version of money hats is essentially the only version of money hats.

Not necessarily. Money hats could refer to cases of a company gaining an unfair advantage. Though I haven't come across much unquestionable evidence, the phrase in general has a negative connotation that I would avoid using unless there are clear indicators of it happening.

I'd rather refer to the "good version" of money hats as a development and/or publishing partnership.

BadAss2961

PS3 version drops frames in certain super moves and situations. PS4 version will obviously look and perform better.

We'll see how the online works out. PC often gets the shit end of the stick in that regard with developers that aren't known for supporting the platform. The current gen netcode for Injustice isn't the greatest anyway. So i'm not all that worried about the PS4 version.

CSX

Normally there is no more DLC after these GOTY editions or Ultimated editions are released correct?

I really dont want to buy this and then boom, more character DLC :\

viveks86

Normally there is no more DLC after these GOTY editions or Ultimated editions are released correct?

I really dont want to buy this and then boom, more character DLC :\

Haha! They are only ultimate until they aren't. Expect to see a mega hyper-extreme ultimate edition next year! :p

Cha

Would love to see what the Vita version looks like. Since it's Armature behind the port, I'm confident that it will at least look better than MKVita. Glad they still managed to keep the 60fps :)

Sez

It's quite possible that the devs said to Sony and MS, "If you provide the devs(or cash) to port the game you can have it at launch." Obviously Sony would be more inclined to say 'yes' since they have no fighter, and MS would effectively "block" it by not agreeing to port a game themselves (or pay for a port) that will directly compete with KI. I could see that being the case.

I came here to say the same. MS don't want serious competition to their flagship fighting title.

KAL2006

Banned
Folks, I'm pleasantly surprised to see more games being announced for launch when there is just a month to go. Including this game, the current count for PS4 at launch stands at 25!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PS4_games

I think WB are quite silly not to have a next gen Batman Arkham Origins port for launch. I actually would have been interested in it simply for the graphics upgrade. I also think Konami should have had a next gen port for Castlevania for launch.

Rnr1224

im curious to see how this plays on vita. i was thinking about picking this up on wii u but all the dlc and portability could make me buy it for vita.

Pretty hilarious that theres a Vita version and no Wii U/Xbone version. Moneyhats seem likely. No publisher that was right in the head would do that without a good reason.

JeTmAn81

Pretty hilarious that theres a Vita version and no Wii U/Xbone version. Moneyhats seem likely. No publisher that was right in the head would do that without a good reason.

You would think that, but there sure are a lot of Vita versions of things out there. I get the feeling it's pretty easy to spit out a port for that thing.

I think WB are quite silly not to have a next gen Batman Arkham Origins port for launch. I actually would have been interested in it simply for the graphics upgrade. I also think Konami should have had a next gen port for Castlevania for launch.

I think Batman will get a next-gen GOTY edition port next year they just want people to double dip. And Castlevania would have been good with the second one due out early next year although they haven't announced a next-gen version of that either.

In for Vita at the minimum.

What will the specific visual improvements be for the PS4 version?

I could care less about resolution if theres no improvements to textures/models/hair/backgrounds/effects. The game is already solid 60FPS.

viveks86

Don't know about Konami, but may be the WB studio doesn't have next gen expertise yet. They are using Rocksteady's existing engine, may be they can't/don't want to make an overhaul for next gen. The issue could either be technical expertise or license related. I'm just thinking out loud...

satam55

Banned
I can't speak to last year but the One will almost certainly sell more hardware than the Vita's YTD on the first day of being on sale. Being a cheaper port is irrelevant if the sales of software aren't there, and there's no real reason to think they would be.

The PS Vita has sold over 5 million+ units, so far. The Xbox1 will have been lucky to sell that much by the end of MS's fiscal year.

shandy706

If you get the PS4 Version you get to play it on your Vita as well...

I have no need for the PS4 version if I get the PC version. I'm not buying cross-platforms on either next-gen console if they're available on PC.

I buy the (typically) cheaper Vita version so I can have a portable version while doing field work. :)

Anybody have screens? First page talks about them, but I don't see any.

Vita Screens

med_injustice_gau_vita-1.jpg

med_injustice_gau_vita-2.jpg

med_injustice_gau_vita-3.jpg

med_injustice_gau_vita-4.jpg

Redshirt

Banned
I was going to buy this for the XB1, but I was also expecting it to be a bit cheaper. I will wait and either get it for the XB1 when it comes out or on the PS4 when I get that console.

Rootbeer

Banned
Not interested (not much into fighters), but it's really fascinating that it's coming to PS4 and not XB1... wonder how common of a trend this is going to be?

Pachinko

It doesn't seem like rocket science here- netherrealm studios and it's partners were likely aiming to release the ultimate version of the game by christmas time for 360,wii U, ps3 and vita. After the sales success of the PC version of mortal kombat they also added PC to that port list.

The PS4 version exists I think because warner brothers likely went to sony and said "hey you guys were nice about having a bonus character in mortal kombat on ps3, want to toss some coin in this fancy hat for anything special ? " and sony , seeing that they lacked a fighting game at launch because namco isn't doing anything anytime soon (normally they'd have a tekken game ready) wisely decided to sign a PS4 deal for the game, have it ready for launch day and keep it "nexgen" exclusive for 6 months. Now Sony can compete with with killer instinct in terms of hitting as many genres as possible.

The wii U version either had to be postponed do to this or was perhaps even outright cancelled during development because no one has a wii U and no one bought the wii U version of injustice.

fernoca

Daaaamn. Makes me think he's not happy about this.
After saying "No", his response was also the same about why there's no Wii U version:
lBVzuSi.png

ofjncHr.png

Kinda remember a similar tone ans responses when asked about Kratos on PS3 and no Xbox character for Mortal Kombat; back then.

JoshHood

Given that Microsoft has a fighting game of their own for launch, Sony getting an (assumably timed) exclusive on the next-gen version of Injustice is pretty smart.

There's also the chance they straight up paid for the PS4 version, as opposed to moneyhatting a pre-planned port. I believe there was a similar deal over Mortal Kombat on Vita.
Edit: and Kratos on MK PS3 of course.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I avoided picking this up, because I was waiting on a Vita version, but now it's coming to PS4 too?!

Curses! I think I'll still get the Vita version, although it'd have been awesome if the PS4 version was cross buy with Vita version.

Top Bottom