• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice Ultimate Edition announced for PS4/Vita/PS3/360/PC [NA: 11/12 | EU: 11/29]

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The only reasonable scenarios IMO why this is on PS4 and not X1:

1) Sony provided extended support and pretty much paid for the Vita version's development as a solid to do whatever they can for the Vita while still pushing out a PS4 version (the main sell).

2) They simply wanted to take it slow, and if these plans were made quickly when Injustice got caught in some of the worst months in a decade for video game sales, only could afford (time/manpower available quickly) working on one next-gen version at a time, of which you would choose the PS4 obviously because of better prospects and less competition ATM.

Or a combination thereof.

Sony and WB also have a DLC/co-marketing deal on Arkham Origins. Probably safe to assume they have a deal on this.
Link?

BadAss2961

PS4 version will be mine. I don't see how they could screw up the port and not make it better than the current gen.

Pros will probably be playing on PS4 now if all goes well.

What is different on Ps4 to ps3. the features theyre talking about are ps4 options (streaming, videosharing) but theres actually no real difference engine wise, framerate wise, graphic wise?

SeanR1221

Yeah guys no way Sony paid for the game to be exclusive. They're good guys. It was probably MS saying no thanks. We don't want this good game on our system. Nintendo said the same. None for us, please.

UNCMark

Banned
I dunno, Halo was pretty well established by the time the 360 rolled out. Killer Instinct is a new game in a series that has been inactive for almost two decades and is being handled by a studio with a reputation for making mediocre games.

And Killer Instinct is a 20 dollar downloadable title with a free-to-play option at launch. Injustice will be a 60 dollar retail title. You could be right, but I doubt MS cares enough to block a port of it. This is either a case of moneyhats or others are correct and Sony actually paid for the ports to be done.

Sanic

MK on PC is a terrible port, the game doesn't even use both of my gpus and auto selects on shit Intel HD onboard. Has not been patched once and the online is unplayable. Anyone saying the pc port is fine must have not put much time into it.

These guys also couldn't get a ps2 game working on a ps3, that should let you know they're an awful dev.

To be fair, why do you need to use both GPUs with the game? Unless you're trying to supersample to hell and back, you're gonna get rock solid performance with even average hardware like I have.

I agree however that the port wasn't fantastic.

viveks86

And Killer Instinct is a 20 dollar downloadable title with a free-to-play option at launch. Injustice will be a 60 dollar retail title. You could be right, but I doubt MS cares enough to block a port of it. This is either a case of moneyhats or others are correct and Sony actually paid for the ports to be done.

That is definitely a possibility. Sony does not have a competing game in the genre at launch. They could have funded it.

BY2K

Membero Americo
High Voltage doing the PS4 version? Eeeeehhhh...

Unless Netherrealms is working on Mortal Kombat Next-Gen, why aren't they doing it themselves?

nded

I don't think MS is blocking anything either. Just saying the two situations aren't really comparable.

UNCMark

Banned
I don't think MS is blocking anything either. Just saying the two situations aren't really comparable.

It's quite possible that the devs said to Sony and MS, "If you provide the devs(or cash) to port the game you can have it at launch." Obviously Sony would be more inclined to say 'yes' since they have no fighter, and MS would effectively "block" it by not agreeing to port a game themselves (or pay for a port) that will directly compete with KI. I could see that being the case.

hawk2025

It's quite possible that the devs said to Sony and MS, "If you provide the devs(or cash) to port the game you can have it at launch." Obviously Sony would be more inclined to say 'yes' since they have no fighter, and MS would effectively "block" it by not agreeing to port a game themselves (or pay for a port) that will directly compete with KI. I could see that being the case.

Seems like a reasonable scenario.

Kind of the "good" version of money hats :p

BadAss2961

Thats why i think ill go PS3, game was built for PS3 thats where ill play it.

MK10 will be my PS4 game
Even when the PS4 version is 1080p with no jaggies or frame drops?

I think the only thing to worry about is online code and possibly post-release support.

viveks86

Or Sony went to the devs and said "we need a solid fighting game on our new platform. Will pay you to port it". Both are valid scenarios.

Mesoian

Hmm...

I'll probably pick this up for PS4, then double dip on PC during a sale.

I was waiting for power girl...but I guess I can fork over the eventual 6 bucks.

sörine

Banned
Seems like a reasonable scenario.

Kind of the "good" version of money hats :p
Money hats are rarely just payouts. They're usually promotional funding, development support, co-publishing deals and so on.

What you consider the "good" version of money hats is essentially the only version of money hats.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Considering how much everyone is complaining about High Voltage's previous work and they're the ones put on the _only_ next-gen port that's happening, that seems to be the most plausible explanation. i.e. next-gen ports weren't a high priority for WB/NR until someone offered them a deal for it.

Nabs

Considering how much everyone is complaining about High Voltage's previous work and they're the ones put on the _only_ next-gen port that's happening, that seems to be the most plausible explanation. i.e. next-gen ports weren't a high priority for WB/NR until someone offered them a deal for it.

It probably means the PS4 version is ported from PC.

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
Nice. I traded in my PS3 copy to go toward my PS4. Now I have even more of a reason to buy it again, plus so I can start building up my collection on the PS4.

C-Sword

Well, the real good news is that means they're done wasting their time making DLC for this game, BRING ON MK10!

Remastered or not, I highly doubt this is going to look like a next gen fighter on the PS4.

Krakn3Dfx

Haven't bought Injustice yet, so if they do the work and the PS4 version is 1080p/60fps and looks like a PS4 game (aka looks like the PC version will look based on how great MK9 looked on the PC) should look, I'll probably go in on this, especially since it'll have the Vita remoteplay.

BadAss2961

Rofl this is a fucking trend!

I'll not buy KI on launch. I'll wait for KI [insert cliche] edition.
There's apparently no reason to buy this if you already have the base game though. No new game content was announced that isn't already available through DLC.

ShadyJ

Even when the PS4 version is 1080p with no jaggies or frame drops?

I think the only thing to worry about is online code and possibly post-release support.

It runs at 60 frames now im pretty sure, just how much different will the port be seriously? i don't think you will see anything but a total copy paste of the game to a new console for a last ditch cash injection for the game on a new console.

And like i said, MK9 is UNPLAYABLE online for PC and High voltage are responsible for that marvelous port also, even with the PC bells and whistles it looks the same as it does on consoles pretty much.

If you're worrying about jaggies in a fighting game you are playing fighting games for the wrong reasons...

Naminator

Banned
PC version for a full price?

With such a late port? And without the second Seasons Pass?

Yeaaahhhhh...................Sorry but not double dipping on this one.

El Sabroso

maybe to give Ki some breathing room?

I doubt it is to give some room, Ed Boon had a shocking face during KI trailers at EVO, but again doesn't surprise that much since the crowd booed the XB1 logo. He might think that not MK or Injustice will compete against KI in XB1.

Top Bottom