• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice Ultimate Edition announced for PS4/Vita/PS3/360/PC [NA: 11/12 | EU: 11/29]

If there is no Wii U version they should sell a bundle with all the DLC at a lower price. Right now all DLC except Zatanna and MMH as well as any future skin packs are already on Wii U. What's up there now is over $60 on its own. If other versions can be released retail with all DLC at $60 a DLC bundle for $30-$40 would be a good thing.

Edit:

Also sold my first game ever with the Wii U version. I bought it because I didn't think they'll bother with a Wii U GOTY release. I changed my mind not only because of the ratings but because there was so much DLC that a GOTY release would appeal to double-dippers. Also WB seemed to be on a huge DC push on Wii with the Lego Batman 2 port, Arkham Origins and Scribblenaults Unmasked. Oh well. Hopefully I can track down my copy. I marked the inner spine with my initials in case this happened.

$60
iq6aN89y489Lu.png

I want a PS4 fighting game but I'll wait for the price drop.

Lol that's what I said. Not all of those characters are even worth it.

Isn't it more reasonable to expect that the PS4 porting process was simply much smoother and WB wanted to focus resources on that instead of X1 and Wii U ports?

The X1 version could still be coming at a later date, but it simply wouldn't make launch.
Not that I can't easily tell why there's no Wii U version, there'd be nothing to port on the Wii U.

The game's already on there and the DLC is already available. It's not really comparable to an Xbox One version.

No Wii U version makes sense.

No XB1 version really implies some sort of hat made of money; co-publishing or co-marketing perhaps or just straight up cash for exclusivity.

hawk2025

sörine;85173580 said:
I would say the more reasonable conclusion when a multiplatform game is on Vita and not X1 is that it was probably paid for.

Why?

The Vita will certainly have a larger customer base this holiday season, and there already exists a MK port.

We don't know how resource-intensive a Xbox One port would be/is being.

UNCMark

Banned
Why?

The Vita will certainly have a larger customer base this holiday season, and there already exists a MK port.

We don't know how resource-intensive a Xbox One port would be/is being.

Because no company in their right mind is going to focus on Vita and not Xbox. Unless that company is Sony or paid by Sony ala Diablo.

vg260

No Wii U version makes sense.

No XB1 version really implies some sort of hat made of money; co-publishing or co-marketing perhaps or just straight up cash for exclusivity.

It might not be a money issue at all, and maybe Sony simply provided special assistance in porting in order to have a fighter at launch. They might not have had the resources for a One port as well.

UNCMark

Banned
Again, why? You didn't give a reason.

It's a larger install base and probably a much cheaper port.

Of course it's a larger install base. Xbox One hasn't sold any units yet. Know what else hasn't? PS4. I don't believe for a second that there isn't a Wii U and Xbox One version coming. Just like there's also an Xbox One version of Diablo 3 coming yet it hasn't been announced yet either. The paid-for silent treatment isn't a new phenomenon.

Diablo is on both ps3 and 360.

And not announced for Xbox One. Just like the PS3 version was announced and the 360 version wasn't mentioned or acknowledged by Blizzard for months.

ShadyJ

Guys why would you buy this on PS4 over PS3? wouldn't you rather the NR developed game not a port done by the guys who basically made MK9 unplayable online for PC?

Im buying this regardless but i want to hear the reasoning to get this on PS4? you think the game will look better? i don't know because Injustice is already a great looking game and if its just touch screen gimmicky shit then forget that..

Ive got a PS4 on Pre order so im open to grab it on either platform is there anything im missing here?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

Larger install base? What? Both consoles will sell out at launch and install base doesn't matter because these games will benefit over the next couple years from simply being at launch.

Cheaper port.. well I'm not even sure how you came at that conclusion really.

It might not be a money issue at all, and maybe Sony simply provided special assistance in porting in order to have a fighter at launch. They might not have had the resources for a One port as well.
I really don't think this is a case of special assistance, though I'm confident there was some. If they wanted to maximize their sales, either way they'd have a team on the X1 version. That's not the case. When it feels like a lost opportunity at the launch of a console, there's definitely something going on.

Skilletor

Any word on sticks for ps4?

Guys why would you buy this on PS4 over PS3? wouldn't you rather the NR developed game not a port done by the guys who basically made MK9 unplayable online for PC?

Im buying this regardless but i want to hear the reasoning to get this on PS4? you think the game will look better? i don't know because Injustice is already a great looking game and if its just touch screen gimmicky shit then forget that..

Ive got a PS4 on Pre order so im open to grab it on either platform is there anything im missing here?

It will definitely look better.

Was MK playable online on consoles?

Maybe people haven't bought the game and want to try it out? And surely anything touchscreen will be optional.

Reule

Cool, will get PS4 version. I'll wait to see if the port is even worth it but it'll be nice to have a fighting game for next gen. I'm kind of sad that there's no new skins in the package, unless I missed something. Nightwing, Sinestro, and others could've gotten some but nope. Maybe they'll sell more after the UE is out but I doubt it.

vg260

Hopefully 1080p and 60fps for all cutscenes, supers, etc.

I can't speak to last year but the One will almost certainly sell more hardware than the Vita's YTD on the first day of being on sale. Being a cheaper port is irrelevant if the sales of software aren't there, and there's no real reason to think they would be.

viveks86

Because no company in their right mind is going to focus on Vita and not Xbox. Unless that company is Sony or paid by Sony ala Diablo.

There is also the possibility that MS did not want this game to compete against killer instinct at launch.

Also, a company trying to get a foothold in the handheld market isn't necessary out of its mind. You are jumping to conclusions.

evolution

Seems like Sony found a developer to do the ports, MS should do the same. Its not like they have any incentive since they have a fighter at launch already

hawk2025

Larger install base? What? Both consoles will sell out at launch and install base doesn't matter because these games will benefit over the next couple years from simply being at launch.

Cheaper port.. well I'm not even sure how you came at that conclusion really.

I was obviously talking about the Vita install base. And of course it matters.

Plenty of information from devs saying the process of porting to the PS4 was much easier than the X1, it may simply be a time issue instead of a money hat one.

Mortal Kombat has already been released on the Vita.

Sony could have subsidized the Vita port.

There are tons of possibilities that don't necessarily involve paying for silence, that's all I'm saying.

UNCMark

Banned
There is also the possibility that MS did not want this game to compete against killer instinct at launch.

Also, a company trying to get a foothold in the handheld market isn't necessary out of its mind. You are jumping to conclusions.

Because Microsoft discouraged FPS' from being on 360 so as to protect Halo?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

MS is not turning down any games for their launch. That is silly talk. Both platform holders would die for having as much launch support as possible. They didn't tell NFS to GTFO because they have Forza on the lineup. Not to mention KI is digital-only as well, and Injustice is a re-release port.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
You're the first to say MK9 on PC was unplayable - a couple of others had said it was a solid port.

I'd naturally wait to hear how the PS4 port turns out but assuming they don't completely botch the job, it should simply run better on a system with as much resources as the PS4 has over the PS3, better OS environment for online, party chat, sharing, etc., better controller and so forth.

nded

I dunno, Halo was pretty well established by the time the 360 rolled out. Killer Instinct is a new game in a series that has been inactive for almost two decades and is being handled by a studio with a reputation for making mediocre games.

viveks86

Not the same thing? Both games in this case are out at launch. And comparing killer instinct to Halo? You might want to compare games of similar popularity and genre.

MS is not turning down any games for their launch. That is silly talk. Both platform holders would die for having as much launch support as possible. They didn't tell NFS to GTFO because they have Forza on the lineup. Not to mention KI is digital-only as well, and Injustice is a re-release port.

I'm just speculating of the possibility, my friend. Again, NFS and Forza are well established franchises. Let's explore some valid examples before completely striking down a possibility, shall we?

Yuripaw

Banned
They didn't even wait barely 7 months before coming out with an ultimate edition? Damn, they are really gonna turn consumers away from buying their products on release date with this stuff.

Either way, I'll probably get it on my PS4, I wouldn't mind another game to play on during the launch period.

Mileena

Banned
You're the first to say MK9 on PC was unplayable - a couple of others had said it was a solid port.

I'd naturally wait to hear how the PS4 port turns out but assuming they don't completely botch the job, it should simply run better on a system with as much resources as the PS4 has over the PS3, better OS environment for online, party chat, sharing, etc., better controller and so forth.
MK on PC is a terrible port, the game doesn't even use both of my gpus and auto selects on shit Intel HD onboard. Has not been patched once and the online is unplayable. Anyone saying the pc port is fine must have not put much time into it.

These guys also couldn't get a ps2 game working on a ps3, that should let you know they're an awful dev.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Sony and WB also have a DLC/co-marketing deal on Arkham Origins. Probably safe to assume they have a deal on this.

Top Bottom